[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
That Hot Cross Bun song needs to be adjusted for inflation.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7
File: Hot_cross_bun.jpg (1 MB, 4288x2848) Image search: [Google]
Hot_cross_bun.jpg
1 MB, 4288x2848
That Hot Cross Bun song needs to be adjusted for inflation. It's misleading, and false advertising

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ndd-6WB5vlo

imagine my surprise when i arrived at my local bakery with only a penny in my pocket, thinking I could buy 1 or even 2 hot cross buns, only to find it will cost my $8 for a 6 pack of them. If Jesus hadn't already died for our sins, he'd have died of shock right there in the bakery.

Should I have told them I was going to give them to my children? Is that what enables the discount?

Also HCB thread. Fruit is superior, if you get choc chip HCB, you are literally spitting on Easter and culling the bunny's entire population
>>
File: dingo.jpg (33 KB, 419x419) Image search: [Google]
dingo.jpg
33 KB, 419x419
I'm gonna cross your hot bun.
>>
I dont have anything on topic to add. Just wanted to say I enjoyed your post, OP. One might say I "keked"
>>7510202
>>
File: What - JGL.png (332 KB, 472x475) Image search: [Google]
What - JGL.png
332 KB, 472x475
>>7510202
>$8 for a 6

Do they come with a happy ending or something?
>>
>>7510330
i wish, the girl at the bakery was a qt, but the bitch didnt put out
>>
>>7510202
I'm more worried about my parents not giving me any because I've got sisters for them to give them to. The song ruined my childhood.
>>
Mine are proofing now. I went a bit heavier on the spices: cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, all spice. Only used currants soaked in a little brandy.
>>
>>7510202
Would it kill you to read every once in awhile instead of polluting the interwebs with you OC version of "knowledge"?

That song was written to be ironic. Hot cross buns were never, ever intended to be sold. If you paid even a penny for one you got fucked by some Joo. Think of it like you would a bending machine selling communion wafers. It doesn't work like that.
>>
>>7512080
But hot cross buns aren't supposed to be blessed or transubstantiated or anything. They're just buns. Buying one would only save you some labor.
>>
>>7512080
>Hot cross buns were never, ever intended to be sold.

You're retarded.
>>
File: challah.jpg (6 KB, 266x189) Image search: [Google]
challah.jpg
6 KB, 266x189
>be me
>go into a crowed Jewish bakery
>first time there
>no idea about pricing
>hold up loaf of bread
>what's the Challah cost?
>counter people can't hear me
>say very loudly, what's the Challah cost?
>entire bakery goes completely silent
>counter guy says, $4.95
>buy Challah
>bring home and eat
>still fucking wondering what went down.
>Challah quite delicious
>>
>>7512102
Fuck you jizzball. When you go trick or treating, how much do you have to pay to get your candy? Knowing you the only price paid is having to belch up cum the rest of the night.
>>
>>7512139
Hot cross buns have been sold in bakeries for hundreds of years you dunce.
>>
File: normal_IMG_3382.jpg (67 KB, 510x765) Image search: [Google]
normal_IMG_3382.jpg
67 KB, 510x765
>>7512139
>>7512080
how the fuck does someone manage to be this angry about hot cross buns
>>
>>7512124
I lost
>>
File: hot_cross_buns.gif (4 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
hot_cross_buns.gif
4 KB, 200x200
did you sing the song?
gotta sing the song, bro
pay market price if you don't sing the song
>>
>>7512151
Sounds like he needs some NOT cross buns, hey?
>>
You need to adjust for inflation. The poem was first published in 1798. What is one pence from 1798 worth 218 years later?
>>
>>7512227
about 1.15 bongbucks
>>
>>7512227
What did you read before you wrote your post? OP's very first sentence is that the song needs to be adjusted for inflation, and your answer is that you need to adjust for inflation?
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x960
http://www.in2013dollars.com/1798-dollars-in-2016?amount=0.01

16 cents fucking bullshit
>>
>>7512240
find a better calculator and throw out your childish touchscreen toy
http://www.bankofengland.co.uk/education/Pages/resources/inflationtools/calculator/flash/default.aspx
>>
>>7512124
explain for us goys too
>>
>>7512244
not a jew, not even from somewhere with jewish food at all
>what's the Challah cost?
presumably ch here is a phlegmy h
>>
>5 7 1, 5 7 1 on a piano

it's 3 2 1, 3 2 1 you fucking shits, god I hate brits
>>
>>7512233

I did not. I am a bad person. Thank you for correcting me.
>>
>>7512367
^1 1 4, ^1 1 4 is better for playing patty cake with your girl.

3 2 1 is three blind mice, only Art Blakey can make that shit cool.
>>
No chocolate HCB?
>>
Replace "hot cross buns" and "penny" with "fresh baguettes" and "euro".
>>
>>7512124
Is that some half-baked holocaust joke?
>>
>>7512361
a Voiceless Velar Fricative my friend: /x/
>>
>>7512763

>art blakey did 3 blind mice

nice, this some good shit
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.