[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best way to eat sardines from a can?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
What is the best way to eat sardines from a can?
>>
>>7509987

I like Olive oil packed and love mustard. King Oscar is a solid brand. I just have them on Saltine crackers.
>>
>>7509987
With a fork.
>>
open can
remove sardine
insert in mouth
>>
Good hard crumbed bread, nice sharp cheese, and sardine of choice in a sandwich.
>>
From the can
>>
Sometimes I'll dump a can of them in a bowl of rice with some mustard, sriracha, maybe some sesame seeds.

I wouldn't call it the best way, though. But it is easier to eat and more filling than crackers.
>>
>>7510000
Listen to this man, he just rolled quints
>>
>>7510000
The elusive Null-Quint!

King Oscar is pretty good. Packed in jalapeno peppers is a must...eat them on crusty bread or toast, wash down with cold beer. Food of the gods.
>>
i've got spicy smoked sardines in oil. tastes a lot better after cooking it in tomato sauce and garlic. don't know what would make it better though but the sauce goes well
>>
>>7509987
with fresh hot sauce.
>>
With a fork, don't add anything to it.
>>
>>7510857
>>7511146
>quints
wat
>>
I've been mixing them with honey mustard and putting them on saltines. Great with a pear.

>>7510857
>>7511146
Those are quads, dummy.
>>
>>7509987
Put them in a bowl of rice
>>
anyone here try sardine fried rice? don't add egg
>>
Absolutely disgusting thread. Fish is gross and smells like shit
>>
i know it's been well meme'd here, but i am a pretty big fan of alton browns's good toast + avocado mash + sardines + hot sauce.

i wanna start making sardine pasta too, anyone got any tips for that?
>>
>>7509987
rub garlic on toast, sardines, then hot sauce
>>
>>7510000
brunswick brand is also good.

i eat them plain.

put them in salad

mix them into stuff like mashed cauliflower lol

also they are very very very good for you
>>
>>7509987
Welsh rarebit, mustard tomatoe toast, out of the can or mashed in a paste as a spread.
>>
My method is toasting up thin slices of afghan bread and having them with the sardines and munching on a few sliced dill pickles.

Is gud
>>
Two layer King Oscar is my go-to.

I usually just eat them on saltines with a little hot sauce when I've been drinking.

Much prefer the double layer over the big ones you have to mash up.
>>
I just put them on bagel crackers with a bit of onion or cheese, they're hella good
>>
>>7511639
same, i love the texture of the bones and fins
>>
File: egg in a basket.jpg (419 KB, 3000x2250) Image search: [Google]
egg in a basket.jpg
419 KB, 3000x2250
>>7509987
on a few of these.
>>
>>7509987
>What is the best way to eat sardines from a can?

With crackers. Like Triscuit type crackers, nothing too fussy like Ritz crackers... I want some twigs-and-sticks roughness.
>>
>>7510005
I find a teaspoon is better
>>
Does King Oscar have the peppercorn one or is that another brand?
>>
Onions, garlic, bit of chili. Sauté those, dump in sardines. Put on top of rice or add them to cooked noodles.
>>
I prefer sardines on a cracker with mustard and hot sauce, but it's too much work. Now I just eat them straight from the tin.
>>
on fishcakes mostly
or seasoned with olve oil, salt and pepper, when i'm on a budget
>>
>>7509987
on toast m8
>>
I usually just crack open the can, dribble some hot sauce on top and then eat them on crackers.
I just ate a can an hour or so ago like this
>>
>>7509987
It is preferable to open the can before eating the sardines.

Source - found out the hard way
>>
>>7512306
king oscar
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.