[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/sqt/ Stupid Questions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7
File: stupid questions thread.jpg (158 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
stupid questions thread.jpg
158 KB, 1024x1024
Post your random questions not worth making threads over here.
>>
File: this-oxo-vegetable-stock-cube-.jpg (133 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
this-oxo-vegetable-stock-cube-.jpg
133 KB, 800x800
how can I make this replace soup? It's got enough taste, it's just the texture isn't suitable for having with bread. This stuff is cheap as fuck so it would be really helpful if I could make buy a tonne every week.
>>
>>7509853

I don't understand your question anon it's just concentrated veggie broth you need to add stuff to make a soup.
>>
>>7509859
I'm saying it has enough flavour that I enjoy drinking it as is. I know it;s meant to be used in broths and stuff ( I remember cooking a steak with it), but if there's some way of adding texture without any extra food that would be pretty cool. I want to dip bread it without it being a soggy disgusting mess, want it to be like soup.
>>
>>7509870
Dip toast in it that won't get as soggy as bread
>>
>>7509880
I'll try it out tonight senpai. Looks like it will be difficult to finish with toast alone though.
>>
art deco batman or cyberpunk batman?
>>
>>7509870
Cook carrot, onion, celery, and whatever else you want in a pan over low-medium heat. Once the carrots have become firm rather than crunchy, add the stock and some kind of carb/thickener - off-the-shelf soup mix will give a bit of variety and crunch but have to be soaked overnight, while red lentils will disintegrate and don't need to be soaked, but you can use anything you want. Cook for as long as your carb needs.

If you want to experiment with spices, turn up the heat for 30 seconds or so just before you add the stock, and add them to the hot pan. I often use smoked paprika or a bit of cumin because I'm a pleb.

>>7509870
Use really crusty bread with a chewy crumb.
>>
File: 1306628382838.png (14 KB, 413x303) Image search: [Google]
1306628382838.png
14 KB, 413x303
What is the most fuckable fruit or vegetable?
>>
>>7509955
art deco for sure
>>
>>7509959

Most fuckable fruit is you

Most fuckable vegetable is your retarded mother
>>
>>7509988
th-thanks
>>
Ok like so sometimes you eat something unhealthy and you're actually not even that hungry, but you like the taste of it so you process it in your mouth and your tongue makes you taste it. But why is this alone unsatisfactory compared to actually eating it as in swallowing it down? You don't actually taste it or anything in your stomach so why don't we just spit out tasty things when we've tasted them for a while?
>>
File: melon fucker story.png (383 KB, 1320x2088) Image search: [Google]
melon fucker story.png
383 KB, 1320x2088
>>7509959
watermelon I would guess
>>
I've tried making Tamago gohan (Japanese breakfast) a few times and it always tasted like shit. Question: how do I not make it taste like shit?
>>
What's a good way to dry out greens after rinsing them? Whenever I rinse greens for a salad, they always have a ton of water left on them, and I kind of have to shake them a bunch or pat them down with something so that their water doesn't dilute the vinaigrette.
>>
>>7510091
Because you like to swallow.
Serious answer? Evolution. The animal which eats is winning the race. Where do you think the "first diner then sex" meme came from? Can't fuck when you're a loser in the wild.
>>
>>7510115
It's supposed to taste like that.
>>
I got blackout drunk and bought some porkchops at Target. How can I make some some gravy from the leftover fat?

Captcha:Select all food
>>
>>7510141
flour and milk
Just like ma used to make
>>
>>7510115
Egg will always taste like shit since it comes out of an assvagina.
>>
>>7510120
This is what a salad spinner is for.
>>
>>7510091
Calories are hard to come by in the wild. We haven't evolved genetically to cope with such prosperity, so as long as our stomach can fit more food in, we'll eat it. That's what makes swallowing satisfying, providing you aren't completely full.
>>
What's a good dish a beginner can make?
I seriously need to git gud at cooking. The most complicated thing I've ever made is a fucking omelette.
>>
>>7510251
Stew.
>>
>>7510251
seitan stew
Don't forget the bundle of mustard greens.
>>
>>7510251

Pan seared oven baked lemon salmon

Bread

Stew

Soups
>>
Guy finally moving out of his parents house. What pots/pans should I get if I cook Mexican food daily and plan on cooking steak, eggs, and veggies regularly? Does any set at Target work or is there a hierarchy to pots and as well?
>>
Why is Trader Joe's's whole white wheat flour labeled "white whole wheat"?
>>
I added 500g mushrooms, onion, ginger, garlic, green onion and sweet pepper, and boiled that for a while. I removed the aromatic onions and blended the rest. How do I now make this more palatable to finish the rest? It's just a murky mushroom taste, nothing else.

Also I got scaling on the bottom chamber of my moka pot after first use, do you think it is chlorine/fluoride residue from tap water?
>>
>>7510226
Leaves remain damp after using a salad spinner, all it does is get rid of the excess water.
>>
>>7511085
Scaling is just minerals. You can use something like reverse osmosis filtered water if you don't want that.
>>
>>7511092
Spin faster. Or with a salad spinner that does its job.

>>7510623
You need a frying pan, a large pot and a small pot.
From here, add in no particular order another pan, a very large pot, some oven-proof dishes, and then it mostly depends on your needs, like a wok or other things (food processor, syphon, etc.)
A set at Target is the best option when you start from scratch (unless your get a better utility*quality/price ratio by buying separately)

Get a wooden spatula set too. Plastic burns when you forget it and metal scratches (most) pans.

For Mexican food, I'd say you should try growing your own peppers. It's an elementary school science experiment tier thing to do, and will give you a good experience in tasting "fresh quality produce" compared to powdered shit.
Then be lazy and buy farmer market tomatoes when in season and canned otherwise like everybody else.
>>
File: Untitled.png (159 KB, 1445x944) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
159 KB, 1445x944
>>7510623
According to Thug Kitchen, this is what you need.
>>
>>7511191
>>7511191
Is there a torrent of this book?
>>
File: vomit[1].png (34 KB, 210x210) Image search: [Google]
vomit[1].png
34 KB, 210x210
>>7511191

> that writing style
>>
do you guys grocery shop multiple times a week.
>>
File: tacotown.webm (2 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
tacotown.webm
2 MB, 640x360
I got a rice cooker and I'm looking for ways to eat something besides plain white rice.

Can I just use like beef or chicken stock? Why am I so bad at cooking please send help oh god.
>>
>>7511202
Yeah, on the bay.
>>
>>7511221
I can go a month with my greens kept in zeolite bags or eating frozen broccoli with ground mustard to replenish the myrosinase lost during flash pasteurization. But multiple smaller trips is usually easier and I'm more likely to score discounted bananas and such that way. I always take all of them since they can be frozen and become nicecream.
>>
>>7511221
Sure - fruits, vegetables and fresh animal products. Also breads and baked goods if you're into that sort of thing.

Most everything else can be stored long-term, so you can just buy a fuckload and be done with it for months or even years
>>
>>7511214
It's tongue-in-cheek.
>>
>>7511242
We're aware of that. It's still not funny and bad quality.

Go for Mark Bittman for a "basics" cookbook.
>>
>>7510623
> Does any set at Target work

I bought a 12 inch stainless steel pan from T-fal that seems to be holding up well. It was about 30 bucks or so.

>Get a wooden spatula set too. Plastic burns when you forget it and metal scratches (most) pans

Silicone spatulas are cool, too.
>>
Anyone have the webm of those two chicks trying to crack a coconut with a huge knife? It was amazing cringe.
Better yet; have a youtube link with sound and source maybe?
>>
Why does my burgers generate a fucking lake of juices in it's center when I cook it. I mean sure a juicy burger is nice but this is too much I think.
>>
>>7510623
Sure, any cheap set will work for a short while and then you will eventually figure out what you use most.

But if there is a costco near you, they sell very decent entry level stainless cookware sets for like 150-160$
>>
I'm planning on buying a really basic coffee maker, does the brand or functions offered really matter a lot? I don't know much about coffee.
>>
>>7511323
If you don't know much about coffee then no, the brand is not going to matter.

Go to walmart and pick up a decent one and you'll be fine. As an inexperienced coffee drinker you shall hardly notice a difference.
>>
>>7511299
You need to let your patties rest for a minute or two to let the juiced distribute.
>>
>>7511323

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j4Q_YBRJEI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRCu8v9V8EY
>>
>>7511366
I see, thanks. I guess this is what I get for being an uneducated pleb.
>>
Will I die alone?
>>
how do you cook sausage lol
>>
>>7511917
Grill.

Oven works well.

Treat it like a jew.
>>7511440
Ask again later.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.