[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Guilty Pleasure Food
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
I've come to the conclusion that just about everyone, regardless of diet, and regardless of lifestyle, tends to have a food that they eat that they're a little ashamed about. Whether it's because of how unhealthy it is or how "terrible" it is or because it's something a 6 year old would eat. So what's yours? No need to be ashamed, it's just food.

I have a few but these are probably the worst. For those that aren't familiar, Vienna sausages are basically little hot dogs in vinegar in can. They're very obviously super low-grade meat, and are often a little gritty, like a super cheat hot dog.
I know they're absolutely awful, and they feel like pure cancer when you eat them but for whatever reason they're still appetizing to me, probably because my dad ate them when I was a kid. I don't eat them much any more, maybe one can every few months if that, but I'll always have a soft spot for them.

What about you guys? What do you like to eat that makes you feel a little bad about yourself?
>>
>>7508444
I always keep a few cans around for when I'm too drunk to cook anything
>>
>>7508444
Arby's roast beef sandwhiches with that super cheap cheese they use. Hands down my favorite fast food sandwich
>>
>>7508455
Dude, there's nothing wrong with a beef and cheddar, fuck the haters.

I'm super pissed they took the Big Montana off the menu, that was the perfect sandwich. It had like twice as much beef as the "max", it was so big they had to put it in a baked potato container.

That cheese sauce is weird though, you know it's cheap and it would taste like shit on anything else but damn it's good on a beef and cheddar.
>>
>>7508444
Vienna sausages are delicious, but I would not consider them a guilty pleasure. Mine would be the "Big Chicken Special" in a local sandwich joint.

I'm not even sure it can be called a sandwich. The whole thing is so huge it has to be contained inside a small paper bag because, otherwise, 2/3 of the ingredients would just spill over; it consists of:

>A roasted sesame seed bun
>A fried egg
>3 or 4 strips of crunchy bacon
>2 grilled hot dogs
>A thick slice of ham
>Approximately 1 teacup of shredded mozzarella
>Pulled chicken
>More pulled chicken
>ALL OF THE PULLED CHICKEN
>Seriously, I think he just grabs a whole handful of pulled chicken and throws it in there
>Lettuce, tomato, grilled onions
>2 FREAKING HARDBOILED QUAIL EGGS
>Canned corn

It is delicious, but can I can gather up the courage to eat it once, maybe twice a year.
>>
I love spam (low sodium) spam matsubi, spam fried rice, spam and ramen.
>>
File: spin_prod_ec_1565640202.jpg (37 KB, 333x333) Image search: [Google]
spin_prod_ec_1565640202.jpg
37 KB, 333x333
>>7508444
this shit with doritos

i get it a few times a year
>>
Welsh rarebit I use heavy cream and ale. Quality bread, I like a fried egg on top maybe some thinly sliced ham. With a simple green salad dressed with oil and vinegar it makes a simple meal.
>>
>>7508593
It has to be ramen for me. I eat that shit way too much.
>>
>>7508444
Vienna sausages smell and taste like the fucking paper mill.
>>
>>7508603
I mean, to be fair, the worst part about ramen is the seasoning packet. It's just pasta enriched with baking soda. Assuming you add some actual protein or vegetables there's nothing wrong with ramen.

If you're just boiling some Maruchan and adding the Chicken packet, you should feel bad.

>>7508596
+1, shit's good. So hard to find a good cheese dip that's actually spicy, this is pretty good.
>>
>>7508444
Lays potato chips and French onion dip
>>
File: 1456594366005.jpg (35 KB, 323x400) Image search: [Google]
1456594366005.jpg
35 KB, 323x400
>>7508629
>Lays
>Not Ruffles
>What the fuck is your problem, asshole?
>>
>>7508444
I love spam, cold soup and ravioli out of the can, fast/frozen food, gas station sushi etc but fuck those sausages
>>
>>7508620
I add stir fry mix veggies to it always
>>
Potted meat.
>>
i like vienna sausages too.

dip them in a little dijon mustard. delicious.
>>
>>7508444
I enjoy eating some foods that I know are pretty much garbage. The best example I can think of would be chili dogs.

But I never feel any guilt over what I eat. Feeling guilty about what you eat suggests a fucked up relationship with food.
>>
>>7509006
>But I never feel any guilt over what I eat. Feeling guilty about what you eat suggests a fucked up relationship with food.
What this guy said.

Anyway my guilty pleasure I guess would be these non-free-range, non-heritage-breed rotisserie chickens that I buy and make stock out of. I know it's fucking gross, but once they're boiled down you can't really taste the difference.
>>
>>7508585
How much does it cost?
>>
>>7508444
Chicken wings
sauced/rubbed/breaded
grilled/fried/smoked
doesn't matter
I typically eat them once a week, and a dozen at that

Not really a weird food, but super unhealthy none the less
>>
>>7508444
There's nothing shameful about vienna sausages. If I had to make a catering business in the middle of a zombie apocalypse, I would definitely choose vienna sausages.
>>
>>7509306

It's the texture I can't stand. So finely ground and mushy. They have a very mild hot dog flavor.

As far as canned meats I love tuna, corned beef and even canned premixed chicken salad and tuna salad. Deviled ham is good to go also. Potted meat and Viennas (we pronounce it Vie-en-iees in Kentucky) I don't much care for.
>>
File: Franz-Joseph-Fühl.jpg (186 KB, 613x611) Image search: [Google]
Franz-Joseph-Fühl.jpg
186 KB, 613x611
>>7508444

>Live in Austria
>Local butcher had these little smoked sausages people drove >200 km for, also called "Wiener Würstchen"
>Butcher had a heart attack last year and the business was torn apart quickly
>mfw I will never experience that firm yet a little wrinkly experience of biting into a properly spiced snack sausage again

God damnit this thread triggered me.

I
>>
>>7509045
Converted from huebux at the current rate, about 4 USD (since last time I ate there, nearly 6 months ago. BRL has been pretty bloody devalued since early 2015).
>>
>>7509479
*since the last time
>>
>>7509421
That's what you get, you hapsburgian fuck!

You started the god damned first world war! You gave the world HITLER!

You deserve what you get!
>>
fried pieces of spam with white rice in a bowl with cold water and ice. I don't know why but I had this with enough regularity as a kid to have a name for it (literally water-rice-and-spam in korean). Every so often the urge comes back to eat this
>>
>>7509479
Wow, that's a really good deal.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.