[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in San Antonio for a bit and I'd like some suggestions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: IMG_20160220_222338821.jpg (2 MB, 2432x4320) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160220_222338821.jpg
2 MB, 2432x4320
I'm in San Antonio for a bit and I'd like some suggestions on restaurants to go. I'm planning on going to magnolia pancake haus, but thats all I got so far. I've heard Texas has good viet food?
>>
>>7508259
Texas is a big state
>>
>>7508259
Anime Pizzeria, only the dankest of restaurants in the SA, ese.
>>
>>7508270
I thought about that, but I don't think I wanna drag a family member there. It also looks like some of the worst food I could possibly get here.
>>
Chris Madrid's for a burger. Josphine's for a steak.
Koi Kawa for Japanese.
Cappy's for a "nice" dinner.
And of course, there's plenty of BBQ places in town and the Yelp ratings are decently accurate, but a personal fav is Smoke Shack BBQ on Broadway.
Ever restaurant at the Pearl Brewery area is hipster shit but pretty good.
>>
>>7508270
This. Have them make a pizza that looks like Bane.
>>
>>7508259
All I can say is do not go to Moroccan Bites. Guy Fieri went there so i thougt it might be legit. Big mistake
>>
>>7508358
Fucking normie. Kill your family, and enjoy the pizza and lasagna like substance.
>>
>>7508479
Will you go with me, anon?
>>
>>7508259
how did you get the pasta in that big guy? are you an alium?
>>
Mi Tierra
The Menger hotel restaurant
Earl Abels
Bohanans
>>
>>7508268
4u
>>
pho ha long
>>
also, go to local coffee. places like cured and the granary, southerleigh are ok too
>>
WD Deli and Schilo's for some good sandwiches

>>7508714
Mi Terra is just a tourist trap, it's decent food, but nothing super special. I wouldn't waste a meal on it unless you're in the area and drinking.

The one thing I'd recommend from Mi Terra is their pan dulce tho.
>>
>>7508800
I don't mind silly, tacky tourist traps as long as they have good food.
>>
>>7508259
magnolia feels overrated as fuck. At least for sa it feels bland to me. I could go anywhere for pancakes and shit like that, idk.

Try Mendez Cafe for breakfast instead. La Tuna on the weekend for a chill dinner with music. Dicks' on the riverwalk if you want some tacky tourist irl shitposting kinda thing, it's fun like that. Las Canarias if you want fine dining on the riverwalk.

I'd say try to go to a sports bar like fatsos or babes on a spurs game night. Those are fun bullshit.

Food overall just go on the southwest side and walk into any hole in the wall and it's pretty great mexican food. There's a newer place on the northside called Los Cabritos that specialized in mexican goat meat, it's more costly than most mexican places in the city so it's good for fine dining and the goat meat is pretty good stuff. The Rib House on old hwy 90 is great if you want a bit of great soul food and bbq.

For viet food try Pho Viet Huong. Only place I've liked so far but idgaf about viet food.
>>
>>7509933
There's nothing wrong with Mi Tierra's food it's just overpriced considering you can get the same quality food or often better from any other random mexican restaurant in san antonio. It's only special for location.
>>
>>7508800
Mi tierra is fine. It's a little bit of a trap but its a good one. Decent enough representation of tex mex.
>>
>>7508259
I recommend thai loa in downtown San Antonio or tomatillos
>>
>>7508259
Lupitas in kirby make some awesome breakfast tacos
>>
>>7510244
What is that tex mex place in the river walk? It's got bright umbrellas outside.
>>
>>7509991
Magnolia sucks, la marginal is good though
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.