[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /ck/ think of shooter sandwiches? Is it a meme sandwich?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7
File: shooters_sandwich.jpg (208 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
shooters_sandwich.jpg
208 KB, 1024x683
What does /ck/ think of shooter sandwiches? Is it a meme sandwich?
>>
>>7506523
Calling things a meme is a meme
>>
It's a meme, yes. As long as you don't go full memelord on it, you'll have a fine sandwich. What makes it a meme is the autistic need people have to overdo it.
>>
It's fine as long as you keep it simple. Some faggots wanna shove fifteen different types of bologna and cheese in there like it makes a fucking difference then top it off with an overpowering mass of bacon like good memers. Stick to 2-3 ingredients, Meat, cheddar, fried mushrooms. That's a good shooter sandwich.
>>
Looks like 12 different kinds of mold baked in pastry dough and reheated on a panini press.
>>
>>7506523
This is even worse than those "ploughman's lunch" advertising meals
>>
>>7506523
You're not a 19th century british aristocrat going fox hunting, don't eat like one. Sandwiches don't need to be compressed into solid masses if you're just going to eat them at the table.
>>
>>7506770
>You're not a 19th century british aristocrat going fox hunting, don't eat like one
why not
>>
>>7506849
Because they had all kinds of diseases back then.
>>
>>7506770
Glad I don't live in your house.
>>
>>7506523
"Shooter sandwiches" are for women, faggots, and social events. Sort of like white wine and clear liquors.
>>
>>7507165

le ron swanson maymoo

rofl xxxdddd kill yourself
>>
>and clear liquors
Faggot
>>
>>7506585
agreed, looks like lie a shitty scab.
>>
The fuck is a shooter sandwich

Literally never heard of this before
>>
>>7507200
It's a sandwich rich British people take on the hunt. Only rich people have access to guns there because the masses are cucked by their government.
>>
>>7507205
I see. Looks revolting in the OP image.
>>
>>7507218
Yeah, the Cuban sandwich is an acceptable version of a pressed sandwich.
>>
Where are these a thing?
>>
i independently invented these.

not the exact recipe, but i always liked squishing bread and sandwiches to be as flat as possible.
>>
>>7507232
I independently invented squishing ur mum to be as flat as possible m8
>>
>>7506523
Those always look dry as fuck.
>>
>>7506523
All that is missing from that is sriracha and a shitty beer and you have created reddit: the food
>>
File: 1401606632798.png (146 KB, 336x354) Image search: [Google]
1401606632798.png
146 KB, 336x354
>>7507279
>>
>>7506523

>is it a meme sandwich

yes, they're really only good for taking on long trips where you don't have a fridge or ice chest. Making one to eat at home is stupid, that's like eating beef jerky when you could have a steak.

Also a good one is prosciutto with jack cheese, pesto, tomato, and peppers. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/portable-hiking-sandwich-recipe.html
>>
File: shooter.jpg (18 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
shooter.jpg
18 KB, 400x225
>shooter sandwich
Goes great with lines of coke and self-destructive behavior?
>>
If you at one in school then it's a school shooter sandwich LOL
>>
File: 1453782931685.jpg (3 KB, 125x167) Image search: [Google]
1453782931685.jpg
3 KB, 125x167
>>7508888
>that's like eating beef jerky when you could have a steak.
What in the actual fuck am I reading?
>>
File: 1360370216161.jpg (8 KB, 194x259) Image search: [Google]
1360370216161.jpg
8 KB, 194x259
I always order my foot long subs wrapped as two six inchers.
I eat one, save the other.
Once a very fat friend sat on my savewitch.
it was so flat I was going to toss it but secretly I was too cheap and I ate of it.
Best savewitch I have ever eaten .
>>
File: 20111212_LittleApple_0115[1].jpg (159 KB, 576x384) Image search: [Google]
20111212_LittleApple_0115[1].jpg
159 KB, 576x384
>>7509718

a shooter is a cold, dry, smashed down steak sandwich. If you're not out on a hunting trip there's no reason to go the extra effort to make one when you could just have a nice hot, open faced steak sandwich on bread that hasn't had the air smashed out of it.
>>
File: Shooter_McGavin_Feture1.jpg (31 KB, 974x444) Image search: [Google]
Shooter_McGavin_Feture1.jpg
31 KB, 974x444
>>7506523 (OP)#
Shootah!

But seriously the sandwich looks okay but I'd never be caught fucking around making one. Give me a panini or a cuban and I'm good.
>>
>>7507171
Don't get all ass blasted when someone triggers your suppressed homosexuality, gayboi.
>>
>>7509865
jerky > steak
>>
>>7509865
Yeah but you just claimed that steak is better than beef jerky as if the two were comparable.
>>
>>7506523
they're filling as fuck. Sometimes I make them for hiking or something of the like because they're dense and fairly small. I could only eat like half or maybe even a third of one of those slices
>>
>>7509928

Beef jerky is just dried steak.
>>
>>7510730
Beef jerky is in a league of its own. How the fuck do you think it's comparable to regular steak?
>>
>>7510733

>How the fuck do you think it's comparable to regular steak?

They're edible items made from beef muscle tissue and are frequently seasoned with salt and pepper. One is a dried, denser, less perishable version of the other; similar to how a shooter sandwich is a drier, denser, less perishable version of a steak sandwich. If given the option I would choose steak over beef jerky every single time, and I believe most other people would too considering that it's easier to eat, has superior mouth feel, and boasts a wider range of potential flavors and preparation methods.
>>
>>7510796
Under what circumstance would you choose steak over jerky exactly?
When was the last time you ate steak as a snack? Or had jerky for dinner? They may be both be derived from animal flesh, maybe even the exact same cut, but they're still different foods consumed under different circumstances. Grow up and drop the smartass act.
>>
>>7509931
you can only get a third of that small as fuck slice? stop trying to pretend you're dainty, fatass.
>>
ITT: "stop eating what I don't like"
>>
>>7506871
We generalised the use of soap and have running water since then.
>>
>>7510805

Im not sure if you're an idiot or he is for buying into it
>>
>>7510900
Plot twist: you were the moron all along.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.