[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
food noob, where to buy cheap bulk spices? I have a curry-based
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: spices[1].jpg (408 KB, 644x514) Image search: [Google]
spices[1].jpg
408 KB, 644x514
food noob, where to buy cheap bulk spices? I have a curry-based need to feed.
>>
Supermarket bulk foods aisle usually, or find someplace online. Maybe a local food co-op or something like that.
>>
>>7505837
Indian or arab market.
>>
>>7505840
>Supermarket bulk foods aisle
Enjoy your diseases. Never buy anything from those unless they are wrapped or going to be boiled.
>>
>>7505856

you sound like a super fun person.

did you remember to replace the plastic wrap on your couch today?
>>
bulk food store?

duh
>>
Grow them. The "I dont have enough space" excuse won't work. There's always a way.
>>
>>7505867
>you sound like a super fun person
You know what's fun? Safety. You know what's not fun? Eating shit that grubby children touch and disgusting subhuman grocery store workers sneeze over.
>>
>>7505881

what the hell kind of grocery store do you go to that the bulk foods aren't in plastic dispensers that prevent you from touching the product?
>>
>>7505897
They are. Plastic dispensers with doors that can be opened. Ever see how that shit is delivered? Thin plastic bags in cardboard boxes that are poured into dispensers that are NEVER cleaned.
>>
File: turmeric.png (336 KB, 396x514) Image search: [Google]
turmeric.png
336 KB, 396x514
OP here, doesn't seem to be much in the means of bulk food near me. Assuming I ordered online, are there any places that would beat Amazon for price/shipping? I'm seeing 5lb bags of curry, turmeric, and other stuff I'd want for less than on other places, and I have prime as well. Pic related is 23 bucks with free 2-day shipping.
>>
>>7506180
Do you not have azn grocers?
>>
>>7506199
I live in a very white area, all the asians are 2 hours away in bigger cities
>>
>>7505881
>implying the minute amount of pathogens which live on your spices wouldn't be killed a) by contact with antibacterial agents in the spices themselves or b) cooking
>>
>>7505881
go watch transformers.
>>
File: 1430573462387.jpg (21 KB, 193x182) Image search: [Google]
1430573462387.jpg
21 KB, 193x182
>>7505881
>>
restaurant supply store
>>
If in canada, BulkBarn is great. actually fairly cheap for spices. other shit is way over priced tho
>>
>>7505837
You can get most spices in supermarkets, at least here in the UK - but they are pricey and small quantities

For bulk you are best off online or at one of those niche little shops - for example I live in London and it's not too difficult to find one of this little indian shops that have shit loads of assorted spices
>>
>>7506616
yeah, OP thinks he's gonna go with the online route, there's just not enough Indians, Arabs, or Asians where I live.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.