[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How have your tastebuds changed over the years /ck/? Lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: ohfuck.png (159 KB, 285x298) Image search: [Google]
ohfuck.png
159 KB, 285x298
How have your tastebuds changed over the years /ck/?

Lately I've become obsessed with anything spicy, and as a kid I remember hating anything spicy. Same goes with a lot of other stuff.
>>
I used to hate bitter foods and now I seek them out
I used to dislike the flavor of broccoli as well, and I now enjoy that too
>>
>>7505629
Never minded broccoli as a kid, but the bitter taste of coffee was also something I hated as well. Horribly addicted to caffeine now.
>>
>>7505614
This period of losing weight has made me man up with a lot of vegetables. Cabbage sprouts peppers onions and peas.
Also actually like neat whiskey now when 4 5 months ago I did not.
Fine with anything as long as there is not a lot of raw tomato in it. Fucking hate raw tomoto
>>
>>7505639
Raw tomato to this day still gets me, but I enjoy it in sandwiches, or if it's just seasoned a bit. I just can't bite straight into a raw tomato, that shit is gross.
>>
>>7505642
Restaurants have burgers with shitty Beef Tomatoes just bland sweaty water fuck that.
>>
I used to be a picky eater when I was in elementary school. I wouldn't eat vegetables and would gag when I tried. Fortunately that phase ended in middle school, and now I eat all kinds of veggies.
>>
I enjoy plain food now.

I don't like sauces.
>>
>>7505614
Lost the enjoyment for very sweet things, especially drinks.
Grown to dislike foods that coat my mouth with grease.
Come to really appreciate the balance of flavors in a dish instead of just going for salty and greasy.
Lost interest in dairy products as day to day foods.
Increased love of garlic, ginger, cumin and chilies.
Increased attraction toward sour/bitter flavors.
Come to prefer my greens cooked instead of raw in salads.
>>
>>7505651
>don't like sauces
Why? all sauces?
>>
>>7505655
>Lost the enjoyment for very sweet things
I heard that kids have a higher tolerance/preference for very sweet things than adults. Probably something that most people go through.
>>
>>7505673
If that's the case then why are so many foods adults consume made to childishly sweet levels?
>>
>>7505682
Well some people don't grow entirely out of it. It's just that childrencan handle an even higher level of sugar than adults, not that adults don't also crave it in smaller (but still high) quantities.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2011/09/26/140753048/kids-sugar-cravings-might-be-biological
>>
>>7505655
Another thing that's changed for me is portion size. As a middle aged man I'm stuffed on about 2/3 of what I would have eaten as a teen.
>>
>>7505692
npr.org
Not even once you liberal faggot
>>
My tastebuds have changed a LOT since moving across the country. That will really shake things up food wise for you (unless you're a boring as fuck person). There are things I used to love that I find bland and boring as fuck now, and I've developed tastes for lots of foods that I would never have even considered eating before I moved. It's a good experience to go live somewhere else for awhile..
>>
>>7505767
I can relate. I grew up as a suburban kid in the 1970's, and have lived in NYC for the last 20 years. Very few of the foods I eat on a day to day basis were things I even knew existed as a kid.
>>
Lost my enjoyment heavily salted and/or seasoned dishes. Just makes my tongue feel funny and it's like I can't appreciate the food I'm eating since it's more like eating a bunch of seasoning from a jar.
>>
>>7505786
I only eat mr. softee and cheap puerto rican food sold by the pound
>>
I was a very picky kid, but I have majorly expanded my tastes in foods, and I am willing to try just about anything. My issue isn't a food, but an ingredient. [spoiler]Onions. [/spoiler]
No matter how I try them, in different preparations, different dishes, hot, cold, fried, raw, sweated, grilles, soups, salads, you name it, onion has never tasted good to me. The crunch is horrible, and probably the worst part.
>>
>>7505655
I was going to post how my palate has changed, but this post actually covers it perfectly. Other than losing interest in dairy products. I still love almost all dairy products.
>>
>>7505765
You have never actually listened to npr have you? You just heard it's a bad thing and hate it out of ignorance.
>>
>>7505614
before I learned to cook
>hated all eggs
>hated most meats

then as I got older I learned why I didn't get why so many people were passionate about cooking. dad's kidneys were failing and we didn't know it, so his taste buds were shit and his cooking was just as shit. mom both had mild OCD didn't really know how to cook, so all her meals were some form of "dump it in a container and cook it until the family won't die", everything she made was overdone, and neither of them seasoned a damn thing.

now that I know how to cook, everything is pretty good now. I still don't like most pork cuts.
>>
>>7505639
When I identify a taste I dislike, I try to overcome it. The "cilantro tastes like soap" shit affected me, but now I like it in pico de gallo and pho.

For some odd reason, I can't stand pickles. Pickled cucumbers to be exact, because I fucking love pickled peppers and giardineria. Odd.
>>
>>7505655
You're a boozer, aren't you?
>>
>>7506051
Usually have wine with dinner. Not a day drinker or a liquor guy.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.