[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After 2 months of steady progress I just broke my diet. I think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (505 KB, 1500x1104) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
505 KB, 1500x1104
After 2 months of steady progress I just broke my diet. I think I consumed 6000 kcal today and it's not even time for dinner yet.

Hold me /ck/. What do you do when stuff like this happens to you? What's the most you ever ate in a day?
>>
>classic image.jpg
>>
>>7505428
shutterstock is aesthic photography to be honest family
>>
>>7505425
What the fuck did you eat today!?
How is 6000 calories even possible?
>>
>>7505471
By eating medium to large amounts of calorie dense foods:
>breakfast with bacon and eggs: 1500 kcal
>burger and fries lunch: 1500 kcal
>one chocolate bar plus an apple: 500 kcal
>sandwich plus chips snack: 1000 kcal
[spoiler]>one medium package of ben and jerrys ice cream: 1500 kcal[/spoiler]

There you go pham, a week of dieting down the drain.
>>
>>7505425
>I think I consumed 6000 kcal today

I've been skinny all my life but for the life of me I cannot imagine how even a fucking hamplanet could consume that much food.

Just what did you eat OP? jesus fuck
>>
>>7505497
How many eggs is that?
no way that was just one burger and fries unless you made your own with massive portions
What kind of chocolate bar has 400 fucking calories?
Also is that a sandwich and a bag of chips that has like 5 servings init?
>>
>>7505497
What do you eat where a breakfast is 1500 cals and a burger + fries is the same

You could eat like 3 big Macs and be under 1500
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 640x480
>>7505499
If you just keep snacking all day and have 3 regular meals on top you'll reach 5000-6000 kcal in no time.
Most people seem to believe that fat people consume giant piles of food but most of the mid-level obese people just eat all kinds of hyper-energy dense foods.

Pic related, this tiny bag of nuts contains more than 1200 kcal. If you pop it inbetween meals and squeeze in a chocolate bar or a dessert somewhere through the day you're already at ~4500kcal.
>>
>>7505522
Soda answers all math problems involving calories.
>>
File: image.jpg (107 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
107 KB, 600x400
>>7505511
Add another piece of toast, some beans and two more sclices of bacon and there you go, 1200 to 1600 kcal
>>
>>7505425
i dont give a shit about my diet and not even i can eat that much, jesus fucking christ how can somebody even eat that much?
in realistic terms that's over 15 pounds of pure food
>>
>>7505531
>tiny bag

That's nearly half a pound of nuts
>>
>>7505537
those tomatoes look delicious.
>>
that's what happens when you eat high fat food.

Eliminate fat from your diet, and you can eat enough to feel satisfied.
>>
>>7505538
Weight doesn't translate to calories, 2 lbs of cake could be 6000 calories while 15 lbs of celery wouldn't be close
>>
>>7505535
For most obese people, sure.
I've seen quite a few episodes of that show where they give 600 lb people stomach surgeries and every single one of them was consuming large quantities of coke.

I personally don't drink soda though. Aside from occasional beer or wine I don't have liquid calories in my diet (unless you wanna count two cubes of sugar in my coffee) - it's all solid food.
>>
>>7505544
Yes, that's my point.
An average Döner has about 600g, more than three times the size of the bag yet it only has a fraction of the calories.

See >>7505553
>>
File: 21312320312.png (136 KB, 275x209) Image search: [Google]
21312320312.png
136 KB, 275x209
>>7505554
>Roommate tells me how easy it was for him to quit soda
>Has three separate one gallon jugs of Arizona Arnold Palmer sitting right next to his bed, that he slowly consumes everyday.
>>
>>7505547
>remove fat from diet
>compensate by eating more crabs
>further increase daily intake by 500 kcal

Are you trying to kill the fatties ITT anon?
>>
>>7505570
*carbs
>>
Around 6 years ago when I was living with my dad, we went like 3 months without buying any soda, even though we both drank it a lot, because we were lazy and kept forgetting. Every since then I can't drink soda without feeling really bloated so I broke the addiction then.
>>
>>7505566
>Arizona Arnold Palmer

What meme is this? Sound like the name of a republican presidential candidate or something.
>>
>>7505587
Have you lost weight? Do you feel better?
>>
>>7505592
You've never had it? It's the half iced tea half lemonade. Shit is pretty good but it has like more sugar in it than soda I think. They sell them in those massive cans, which is just beyond overkill, who wants all that?
>>
>>7505592
It's a drink named after Arnold Palmer, the former professional golfer.
>>
File: 2ql67gg.jpg (65 KB, 590x556) Image search: [Google]
2ql67gg.jpg
65 KB, 590x556
>>7505592
>>
>>7505594
Well, I was already really skinny at the time, but I've never eaten very well in my life. I have a feeling the only reason I'm now average weight instead of overweight is because I don't drink soda. I'd say I feel better now on average.
>>
File: image.jpg (554 KB, 1599x1406) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
554 KB, 1599x1406
OP here, preparing dinner now.

I think I'm gonna make it to 7000 bros.
>>
File: 1458872498292.jpg (38 KB, 502x500) Image search: [Google]
1458872498292.jpg
38 KB, 502x500
How many calories is this?
>>
>>7505471
i used to eat 10000 easy when i worked in forestry
>>
>>7505631
100-300 kcal I'd say depending on the type of the sausage.
>>
>>7505570
carbs are bulky. try eating 5 slices of plain whole wheat bread. or a big bowl of cooked pinto beans. or a big bowl of oatmeal with sugar free syrup.

it's tough work. But a bag of chips, or a whole medium pizza, is a piece of cake for most people, because fat is so damn tasty.
>>
>>7505592
are you an actual retarded person?
>>
>>7505670
No, I'm European.
>>
>>7505675
>No
>I'm European

Well, which one is it?
>>
>>7505675
so you think you know what republican presidential candidate names are well enough to make an unfunny joke?

calling BS. I think you are just a retard who somehow has never heard of Arnold Palmer in golf legend or liquid form.
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 1200x787) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 1200x787
>>7505685
I don't know, you tell me.
>>
>>7505638
What does a man who handles big hard logs of wood all day like to eat?
>>
File: Fucking NATO.gif (142 KB, 300x178) Image search: [Google]
Fucking NATO.gif
142 KB, 300x178
>>7505697
>Defense spending

You're welcome.
>>
>>7505706
I don't think any person ever who lived where these spendings were put to use was ever grateful about it.

And the rest of the civilised world (aka Europe) isn't much happy about it either since the mess you left in the middle east now brings explosions amd refugees and exploding refugees.

The only positive large military intervention by the US ever was the handling of WW2, fighting a humane war and laying the cornerstones for a stable democracy in the heart of Europe and oposing the idear of occupying and dispersing Germany.
Good job. But it was over half a century ago, get over it.
>>
>>7505704
it was camp food , absolutely glorious

typical day

breakfast 3-6 eggs, handfuls of bacon, homefries, leftover dinner

lunch 5 -10 peanut butter and nutella sandwiches, apples, oranges, pears, trail mix, candy

dinner a whole chicken, potatoes, egg salad, green salad

on days off go to husky for a couple king of the road burgers
>>
>>7505723
>The US
>Being instrumental in WW2

We saved you from the people who saved you from Germany. Interesting roundabout way to answer the retard question though.
>>
>>7505729
>>7505723
stop derailing the thread please
>>
>>7505723
>America fought a human war in WW2
>Hey Dwight what are we gonna do with all these Nazi POWs?
>Well shit it didn't think of this before. Uhhhmm lets just put them in a big field with no shelter and we won't feed them. But it will be ok if they get too cold they can sleep in the holes they dig to shit in
>Ok sir now what about the Cossacks that fought against the soviets?
>well that one is easy we'll just tell them that they are allowed to come to Western Europe and we they arrive we'll get them real drunk and put them on a train headed to the Gulags
>and what about Eastern Europe?
>well Fuck those guys
>>
>>7505497
You might be really bad at counting calories. Sometimes when my weight dips a little I'll binge to get those few pounds back and even chowing on gross fast food puts me near 3500. And we're talking a full pizza then two animal style fries from In-N-Out and then more food on top of that.
>>
>>7505723
hahahahaha

I love it because I'm willing to admit the Middle East fiasco but I think it's so god damn funny that it doesn't really affect us in the slightest. we can do whatever we want because at the end of the day the world needs us. hate us all you want. we are a whole ocean away from the nonsense, living in our comfy fat fuck world laughing our greasy faces at the withering European populace. your tiny countries are the product of a thousand years of shitty politics and warfare over sometimes nothing. whereas in just 350 years a country of rejects made fools of the English crown, and rose to the top of the mountain. we have the best medicine, the strongest military, the most Olympic medals, the most Olympic GOLD medals, the most billionaires, the best movies, the best television, the best food, the most peer reviewed scientific studies than the next 10 countries combined, etc etc etc I could do this all day. long story short, you love to hate the boss. I get it. it's a cliche seen far too often but for good reason. the one in charge has flat out better things and it makes the peons jealous. aggressive even. see the big difference between the US and Europe is that Europe loves to talk about the US whether positive or mostly negative. we are relevant in your lives. I couldnt tell you who runs your country. because you are irrelavent.
>>
>>7505746
Looks like we've got a lend/lease apologist faggot.
>>
I got stressed by a thing and broke my diet for about a week and thought I'd gained multiple pounds but it turned out to be mostly just water and I was back on track with no catching up to do within a couple days of eliminating the stressor. Everything I'd been binging on was still whole plant foods. Getting my floor BMI down to 18.6 at a rate of a fifth of a pound a week.
>>
Your body isn't used to this kind of diet (I hope) so I really don't think your body will even absorb most of these calories.
>>
>>7505756
saved
>>
>>7505761
Your hope is in vain.
I think my 300 lb body absorbs calories pretty efficently.
>>
>>7506760
What was your diet like before cheating?
>>
How does a fat shit like you even find the energy and time to consume that much?
>>
>caloric equivalent of 60 bananas
>>
>>7505425
How did you do that you fucking fat fuck?
>>
>>7505425
>I think I consumed 6000 kcal today and it's not even time for dinner yet.
Oh please bro, you'd know if you consumed 6000calories, that's supreme fat bastard mode eating.
>>7505471
Watch the fart huffers cooking videos, all those slops of crap he throws together he eats himself cause who else would eat that shit willingly, it's easily 6000calories when you factor in he has snacks and carbonated beverages too.
>>
>>7505531
How the fuck do you have the money for this?!? The average American salary is like 36k to 40k there is no way you fat fucks spend half your salary on food?!?
>>
>>7506917
Calories aren't expensive. Just look at rice it's one of the cheapest foods around and is just as calorie dense as a lot of candy is.
>>
is noone going to remind OP that it hardly matters if he breaks his diet one day out of the week if he has actually been on a deficit for the rest of it.
Obviously you shouldn't be breaking your deficit in the first place but the impact will be pretty minimal.
>>
>>7506939
No one becomes morbidly obese from rice. It almost requires macro isolates.
>>
>>7506966
One cheat day can undo a week or two of progress.
>>
>>7506970
Wouldn't that take an insane amount of calories I mean OP is already making it by the sounds of it. I dont even know how anyone could reasonably consume over 4k.
>>
>>7506986
You underestimate the density of fat people food and the stomach volume of fat people.
>>
>>7506986
You have to eat meals the other days of the week too. If you are on a 500 calorie deficit and eat 4k extra calories that's 8 days of wasted effort.
>>
>>7506917
40k avg salary? Where? Dumpster states like Alabama and Mississippi where food costs 1/2 or 1/3 what it costs elsewhere? Most fat fucks buy store brand food stuff, they don't care if the Mayonnaise isn't Hellmans or the bagged cheese isn't Kraft. Always see massive porkers buying no name junk foods, colas and bagged canned stuff, it adds up to less food down their bottomless pits if they buy brands, so they go for the no name.
>>
>>7505425
Lol.
Dont worry op, we've all done it.
6000 cal is easy for a binge (dont listen to these skinny fucks, they think you eat that much all day everyday).

Just get on with your diet.
All that happens is you have to diet a couple days longer. No big deal.
>>
I have a question.

Say you eat like, a whole fucking pizza in one sitting.
Does your body really get 100% of the calories from that, as if you'd eaten it spread out over 3-4 meals? Or does it waste some in its rush to get it digested?
>>
>>7507716
Not OP, but personally all the calories I eat over my tdee will turn to fat.
>>
>>7507731
No waste, huh? Damn.
>>
>>7507734
Your mileage may vary
>>
>>7507707
If you think 12 Big Macs or 3 large Domino's pizzas before you even get to fucking dinner is easy, it's you who is grossly abnormal. You can be far from skinny and still find that a ridiculous amount to eat.
>>
>>7505425
what do you do when this happens, go for a long run/walk/jog/bicycle ride, just throw in a couple of extra hours of physical activity and you should be fine
>>
>>7507780
>>7507780
Dont be so dense. OP said what he ate.

If you've been intentionally starving yourself for two months straight you can eat an "abnormal amount".
>>
>>7507798
And those portions must have been humongous. For a 1600 calorie breakfast you'd need 3 to 4 bacon rashers, 3 eggs, 2 slices of toast etc. To eat that and still have room for the rest (also huge portions) before dinner is insane. Not sure why I'm bothering though since you're beyond reason if you count a small dietary deficit as starvation. Fatties gonna fat.
>>
>>7507806
Not to mention the idea of a snack between meals being a chocolate bar, a big fucking sandwich, a load of chips, an apple and a pint of ice cream, amounting to a total of 3000 calories.
>>
>>7507806
Are you autistic, a sociopath or just retarded?

Why would you ever be arrogant enough to think that your appetite dictates that of everyone else?
>>
>>7507815
There's such thing as a normal appetite. I literally only see people like you on this website or on documentaries. I would deliberately avoid fat fucks like you if I actually saw you irl, which I never do. I don't know where the fuck you live where you have to be housebound in order to not see those people.
>>
>>7507841
Haha you are so ignorant its actually quite sad.
>>
>>7507860
Nice response. Now fuck off fat fuck if that's all you can say.
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7505531
that should only be about 800kcal, ounce of roasted almonds is 110kcal and theres about 8oz there.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.