[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are chefs such unhygenic, disgusting, obese, sweaty, stinky,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: .jpg (75 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
75 KB, 640x360
why are chefs such unhygenic, disgusting, obese, sweaty, stinky, greasy, smoking, anti social, pieces of shit?
>>
>smoking

I'd never go to a restaurant if I knew the person preparing my food was a smoking retard.
>>
>>7504529
lol'd
>>
>obese

Because they love food

>unhygenic
>disgusting
>sweaty
>stinky
>greasy

Because they're obese
>>
Because the restaurant business is shit?
>>
>>7504529
Never go to one ever again then you fucking retard. most chefs do way more than just smoke.
>>
>>7504497
maybe in USA...
>>
I'm a chef and Im in great shape, don't smoke and have lots of friends. Don't try to hurt feelings senpai its rude
>>
>>7504597
This.
And that's mostly because the restaurant business is one of the most stressful jobs in the world, no wonder they're unhealthy.
>>
I've actually never really figured out why they are obese I worked at a country club kitchen and the head chef was a pretty big guy. But he was also running around on his feet12-14 hours a day

Also they are all dirty cause kitchens and the preparation of food is a dirty thing

They all smoke cause in a kitchen you don't get breaks besides family meals maybe so if you smoke you can get 5 minutes here or there to dip out and have a smoke
>>
>>7504748
only in the USA
>>
>>7504497
>unhygenic
Probably long hours accounts for this problem. Hands should be impeccably clean, however.

>disgusting
not sure I agree unless it's a muslim restaurant. Beards don't belong in kitchens, eww.
>obese
Though working with food would seem the culprit, it's actually overwork, and not of that leisure time where professional desk people go out and exercise to destress.
>sweaty, stinky, greasy,
Kitchens are hot. Hours are long. Twice a day showering is the norm for people who work hard. You can be assured UPS drivers don't go to bed without showering, too.
>smoking
Socio-economic class as a youth. You can see the big ol' insecurity chip on the shoulder of a smoker at a youth when they got hooked. When you see a smoker, you can look right through them, see their shitty family, or their low self esteem once upon a time. No one of any value or education picked up smoking post 1989.
>anti social, pieces of shit?
I wouldn't consider cooking a magnet for anti-socials. Anti mainstream for sure, hence the excessive body art, drinking, felony records, and so forth. What you'll see most of all from this (mostly) vocational job is lower education. High school dropouts (from low IQ, learning disabilities, family hardships), and the majority are not hospitality BA degree'd or went to expensive schools financed by family. It is truly, still, mostly a blue collar position. People who did well in early education likely weren't drawn into this field over another field. Passion came elsewhere.
>>
In England or parts of EEUU sure, not where I am though
>>
>>7504497
>unhygienic
Definitely not true in my experience. Anyone who works in a good kitchen is rigorously hygienic or their chef will make them GTFO.
>obese
Again, not in my experience. Sure some are- a love of food and a super high stress job can do that- but typically the distribution of size is pretty close to the population overall.
>sweaty
Because they're working 16 hour days in a hot kitchen doing fast-paced stressful work with no breaks.
>stinky
See above I guess, I've never found this to be the case though outside a few notable exceptions, same as you'd get in other jobs
>smoking
Often the only chance you have of getting a break during your shift, even if it's just ducking out for a few minutes. I'd never take up smoking though, fucks with your sense of taste.
>anti social
Not really, cooks just typically have small social circles made up of other people in the industry, largely due to the constraints of work hours. Typically people work about 40 hours a week, with Saturday and Sunday off as their main socializing time. Cooks often work more than twice that much- often late hours too- and their days off tend to be during the week when other people are working, since weekends are when restaurants are busy. Same deal for holidays. Makes for little overlap between the hours most people have for doing stuff with friends and the hours cooks have for that. Result: cooks tend to hang out with other cooks, or other food industry people. My gf is a somm, for instance.
>>
>>7504497

Looks like some culinary grad got BTFO on his first job, enjoy your microwave dinners m80
>>
>>7504815
>Beards don't belong in kitchens, eww.
>long hair is acceptable though, even if it's untied/loose
nice
>>
>>7504529
>not boning really attractive mentally handicapped people that work in the food industry

Your loss.
>>
>obese
because we cook good as fuck and have an appreciation for all foods. even a fit chef will have a bit of a belly because chefs do not diet
>sweaty, stinky, greasy
our job literally involves fucking with hot grease in a hot kitchen wearing work clothes. washing that smell off is not easy
>smoking
being a chef is stressful as fuck and you don't get breaks, you might get to step outside for like 10 minutes. which is about enough time to smoke a cigarette.
>anti-social pieces of shit
there are certain types of people that become chefs. they are either:
-on drugs
-have felonies so cant work anywhere else
-dont speak english and/or illegal immigrants
-too insane for normal society
there are a select handful of people who are normal and just want to be chefs for the sake of art and passion, but the only way a chef can blend in with normal people is a drunk chef, and even that is a stretch

in short, shut up and eat it motherfucker.
>>
File: IMG_20150622_135457.jpg (25 KB, 268x399) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150622_135457.jpg
25 KB, 268x399
>>7504768
>feelings hurt reading 4chan
>deny a basic truth about 90% of his profession because it doesn't apply to 'zir.'
>probably thinks Islam not a problem, just a few bad apples
>engages in faggot weebo speak

Wrong board, mate.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.