[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you eating meat this Good Friday /ck/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: Plain-BBQ-Pack-300x300.jpg (35 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Plain-BBQ-Pack-300x300.jpg
35 KB, 300x300
Are you eating meat this Good Friday /ck/?
>>
>>7504397
Yes because I'm not a religious practitioner.
>>
Maybe not, depends on what is on discount when I go grocery shopping later.
>>
>>7504397
I'm not sure. I haven't decided what to make for dinner yet. I'm not avoiding meat for religious reasons though.
>>
I is eating fishies.
Monk fish kebabs, marinated in ras el hanout, with a pile of couscous and Harissa on the side.
>>
>>7504397
Yes. I just added pork on top of the normal beef I will grill to trigger the most possible amount of fanatics out there.
>>
I went fishing , caught a few decent sized fish, let them all go, ordered dominos.
>>
>letting your imaginary friend decide what you're going to eat, and when
>>
is good friday some muslim practice or something?
besides pork and shell fish do they abstain from all meat today?
>>
Nope, I don't really need it today. Had a cheese and egg McDonalds wrap for breakfast, I have leftover fish from yesterday I'll have for lunch and I'll get a pizza for dinner.
>>
>>7504565
>fish
>not meat
i will never understand this reasoning
>>
>>7504564
Jesus Christ...
>>
>>7504397
Family's mostly Catholic Christian's, mum's Old Religion and I'm atheist. They don't make a big fuss when I eat meat, but I usually have what they're having out of respect for them.
>>
>Catholics
>Believe that Yeshua created a new covenant that supersedes the jewish laws of the old covenant.

>Still follows and upholds the jewish laws anyway.

Why dont catholics just call themselves Jesus Jews?
>>
>>7504578
>they don't make a big fuss when you eat meat

You lucky bastard.

>mother's not religious at all, but the moment Lent rolls around she absolutely loses her shit

>All the time when I was younger I questioned religion as a concept, just found it idiotic but humored my family anyway
>was always curious about others so I read some other religious texts
>I threw religion out the window as a concept, or anything more than a deluded series of fairy tales after loon relative thought my reading about other religions for knowledge's sake meant I was a satanist or some shit and came after me with a knife
>every single time religion got involved in my life it worsened everything involved
>mother flips her shit like I just told her to go ride a halberd until she's in two anytime I do anything 'not Catholic'
>don't have the money to move out, can't leave the state because of college

At this point I just drink and take a multivitamin on Fridays during Lent to avoid the impending shitstorm that always arises.
>>
>>7504397
This whole thread is some borderline Reddit trash.
>>
>>7504397
Of course. I will be consuming the EUCHARIST which is a literal transumation into the BLOOD and FLESH of our Lord the savior!
>>
>>7504416
>Monk fish
Kek
>>
>>7504397
>Good Friday
Yeah I will eat meat cuckalics are pathetic. We don't celebrate Easter in my state.
>>
Good Friday ain't until April 29th senpai
>>
>I'm a free thinker: I have unique, intellectual beliefs like "YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD JESUS ISN'T REAL" and raving about christfags and religious maniacs shoving their values down my throat
Must suck to grow up in a red state where evolution is considered a controversial subject...

Anyway I had chicken for lunch so I guess that means I broke the rules. But dinner tonight is vegetarian, not by any conscious effort but it's how I eat a lot of the time anyway.
>>
Literally had a burger at 00:05 am
>>
I'm not even catholic but I like the idea of abstaining one day from something that I have every day. I usually just go for long john silvers and cheese pizza though desu
>>
>observing Lent
>>
>>7506361
>Must suck to grow up in a red state where evolution is considered a controversial subject...

It really really does. Did you know the earth is 6000 years old and condoms never work?
>>
i don't eat meat on fridays during lent, but fiance does. He went to mcdonalds (since i wasn't cooking meat) and picked me up some fries that I had with popcorn shrimp. not bad.
>>
>>7504572

A long time ago the Pope declared fish not meat so peasants could have something to eat to help observe lent.
>>
Just ate 2 chicken thighs, a chicken breast, and a lot of fried rice
so yes
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.