[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /alc/ general post how you're doing, what you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 14
File: 1402440872020.jpg (69 KB, 460x611) Image search: [Google]
1402440872020.jpg
69 KB, 460x611
Hey
/alc/ general

post how you're doing, what you've been up to, what you've learned.

I'm genuinely interested in any of that.
(btw im the faggot that always brings up klonopin)
>>
Well last night I had some hi-c
>>
>>7500761
I've had my ins and outs, but now I'm back to drinking a 12er a night. It's better than the self-loathing of trying to constantly judge myself trying to cut down or quit, but I'm sure it's not good for me.
>>
>>7500761
2 bottles of cheap wine a night for the last 5 years,
eat too much to keep the stomach from getting upset,
now I'm a fat ass,
feels bad man

I could sober up if I really wanted to.
Went 10 consecutive days dry in December w/o any physical withdrawal.
>>
>>7500761
>beer
>drinking problem

Come back when you drink big boy drinks
>>
>>7500761
what about k pins
>>
Lost my job and can no longer afford to drink since i hate drinking high vol%.

Lost 4kg in 2 weeks

feelsgoodman
>>
I've been sober five weeks today.
Does it get any easier?
>>
drinking 7.0% bourbon and colas

taste like their namesake but it's a long weekend baby!
>>
how the rest of the AL/CK/Y bros doing xD??? le alcohol makes me function hahahahaha
>>
>>7501299
WOHEEY, liek doing fine and stuff.
It's 8 in the morning but I can get up because I started to warm up at six. But I can't go with herbal liquor all the time. Yesterday it had to be raspberry spirit and tomorrow probably vermouth. Vermouth always comes in well after a morning of herbal medicinic liquor. But the herbal days are the best. You have the nice herb taste and smell everywhere depending on where you all spilled it while still in bed waking up. BLA
>>
File: IMAG0543.jpg (883 KB, 2688x1520) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0543.jpg
883 KB, 2688x1520
8 weeks sober after detoxing in a clinic. Abused other stuff as well.

>pic related, smoking room
>>
>>7500821
>addict in denial
>>
>>7501194
nope
>>
>>7501194
Just keep busy with activities where alcohol isn't around and make friends who don't drink

If you're serious about quiting then it can be that simple
>>
anybody else get super sore and stiff after drinking for a few weeks?

I'm awfully sore and my joints hurt and ithurts to walk.
I can't help but think it is related to the chemicals they put in the whisky or w/e
>>
>>7501677
I really wish I could detox in my bedroom and spend all my time there. friends and fans would visit every few weeks for a few hours. i might go out once a month.
>>
File: 1457848823471.png (400 KB, 580x558) Image search: [Google]
1457848823471.png
400 KB, 580x558
Drank too much last night again.

>don't work until 2 today
>good thing happened yesterday, celebration
>buy fifth of liqour, don't intend on drinking it all
>wake up just now to alarm, apparently I blacked out and drank it all
>feel like hammered dog shit, I think I'm still drunk
>made up excuse for not being able to work
>pajama day

Bruhs, don't go to work drunk. I almost went in and felt terrible lying to my coworkers on the phone but I'm so fuckrd right now I shouldn't even drive. I can't believe I drank the whole bottle, I don't remember it.
>>
Alcoholics are worse people than fatties
>>
File: 1456623264272.jpg (76 KB, 666x999) Image search: [Google]
1456623264272.jpg
76 KB, 666x999
>>7502360
I know you're right

;_;
>>
I just got home from drunk grocery shopping (i was hungry too and spent >$85). Bought a handle of vodka and took two shots when i got home. Projectile vomited it back into the sink about 6 times until dry heave.

#yolo
#ke$hakray
>>
im finding it easier to cut down by having a bottle of liquor at home and rationing it rather than not having any alcohol in the house and running to the store at some point and drinking everything i bought
i used to always end up drinking all the alcohol i had no matter what so i guess this is progress
also i find that going out to drink with friends makes everything less manageable than drinking alone every night so i have cut everyone i know off completely
>>
>>7502344
I remember the first time I drank a fifth of my moms vodka in one night. She started crying and said "normal people don't drink like that"

These days I can drink a fifth in a couple hours. Tolerance a shit
>>
>>7502417
She's right tho, normal people don't drink like that. We are fucked.
>>
>>7502412
>buy two bottles of vodka so you don't have to go out the next day
>wake up
>both are empty
>>
I have 7 fourties and I'm gonna style some pony hair for fun
>>
just got reminded of something that seriously 'triggered' me for lack of a better word, and despite trying to drink less i'm definitely gonna get fucked up now
>>
>>7502473

You know triggered was like an AA term, the way you used it, for a loooong time before the current expanded definition
>>
>>7502473
you can get un-triggered just as easily
the thing is your alcohol-starved brain is looking for any excuse, no matter how flimsy
get help
>>
>>7500761
I cheated on my 120 days of sobriety by tanking a bottle of bourbon.
And I'm okay with this.
>>
I'm taking my first night off after a 2 month bender and a decade of heavy drinking.

I have to tap out - my eyes are jaundiced and my liver hurts too much to keep going.
>>
>>7502574
Wow man you're about to die if you don't stop. Get help if you want to keep living, if not have fun on the way down and get some better drugs than alcohol.
>>
>>7502986
He just said he's stopping.
>>
>>7502986
Yea anon, I'm a quitter.

At least for one night. Tomorrow I'm sure I'll be healed and ready for another decade of fun.
>>
>>7503017
I assumed he meant he was just taking a night off
>>7503283
Case in point. You cannot be serious, I think you're trolling. You are on the brink of death if your eyes are jaundiced and you have constant liver pain. There is no way in fuck you are getting another decade if you're telling the truth.
>>
Just bought some beer I usually like, however I think I got a bad batch or my taste has changed. Anyway I'm way more upset than I should be.
>>
>>7502574
If you really do drink that heavily you can't just stop. The alcohol withdrawals will kill you.
>>
File: 100123994.jpg (23 KB, 385x385) Image search: [Google]
100123994.jpg
23 KB, 385x385
>>7502360
>tfw both
>>
File: 0345.jpg (110 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
0345.jpg
110 KB, 960x540
I just bought a handle of whiskey with 1 dollar bills. I was pretty embarrassed, but the lady at the liquor store didn't say anything. I'm officially out of money. Probably time to get a job again. I was planing on being dead by now.
>>
What do you bros drink while you cut for the summer? I was going through 30 on the weekend starting Friday. Any hard alc I can drink? Most of them, if not all, are high in calories for just 1 shot
>>
>>7503452
Drink pure ethanol pussy
>>
>>7503452
Going through a 30 pack* oops
>>
Drinking liquor on the daily was starting to have a serious toll on my mental and physical health, so I went all of last week dry (was especially hard on St Pattys day), and I started restricting myself drink wise. I cut beer out completely, I have 1 glass of red wine each night during the week, and 2 scotches each night during the weekend. It's only been a short while but I feel a lot better.
>>
>>7502423
This is one of the things I repeat to myself whenever I feel like drinking in a non-normal fashion (alone, on break at work, etc.). Helps center me a little bit, and usually works.
>>
>>7501685
I've been lifting a lot lately. I just got on full time at work and with 5 classes I really don't have the time to drink. I'm constantly burnt out though.
>>
Drinking Guinness IPA and Murphy's at the same time is hella good
>>
>>7502417
i remember after about 6 beers once i wasn't drunk enough so drank my moms shitty 26 of smirnoff. bought a secret replacement the next day. ended up doing the exact same thing again the next week.

Honestly, I saw three women at work today around my age, that looked and acted so much better than anyone I know. Just the fact that one like that will probably never love and hang out with me makes me thing:

why the fucking hell not drink to oblivion?
>>
I don't really drink that much. I just use too many stimulants.
Concerta, speed and coke if my other guys don't answer.
Also doesn't help that I'm a line cook in a restaurant frequented by dealers.
>>
>>7502344
>being hungover off a fifth
>not going to work drunk

Nigga why you posting in al/ck/ threads?
>>
>>7503283
What about the withdrawls? You just just quit you crazy guy. You'll get dts and shit if you've been drinking heavily for more than 10 years.. Doesn't that shit scare you?
>>
Got tired of waking up feeling bad. Anxiety was killing me as well as social awkwardness. I was going down spiral.
Last week I stopped after tapering off. It's been a week and a few days and I feel great. No more waking up five times a night. I wake up in the morning with energy and will to live once again.
>>
File: 45_Barnes-Taurus_vs_RA45T.jpg (123 KB, 578x460) Image search: [Google]
45_Barnes-Taurus_vs_RA45T.jpg
123 KB, 578x460
Been drinking about a fifth of whiskey every night for roughly 2-3 years. Seems like in the past 2-3 months I've developed some sort of nausea .

At first thought it was just bourbon, but it happens when I drink Canadian whisky now, too,

Either I'll take my first big gulp of whiskey (just on the rocks) and get nauseous to the point where I vomit or I'll get 2-3 drinks in and randomly get nauseous and then upchuck.

wtf? wut do? How do I stop wasting whiskey (and food)?
>>
>>7504457
Switch to vodka.
>>
File: muhtriggerdiscipline.jpg (28 KB, 480x601) Image search: [Google]
muhtriggerdiscipline.jpg
28 KB, 480x601
>>7504467
But I'm trying to follow Humphrey Bogart's advice, since he was obviously such a better drunk that I'll ever be:

>I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis.
>>
>>7504457
your body doesn't want to be a degenerate alcoholic any more anon. your stomach is refusing the poison.
>>
>>7503419
Naw. I took 3 days off around January and lived.

>>7503360
Not really trolling, just not looking forward to the road ahead. Any liver healing will be after 4-6 weeks of abstinence, if anything. Yay.
>>
File: 1451773075884.png (731 KB, 828x615) Image search: [Google]
1451773075884.png
731 KB, 828x615
When did you stop being able to function the next day after drinking a lot, /ck/?

I swear I used to be able to down most of a bottle and be a little groggy but not bad the next day.
Now I'll have a bottle over a night with friends and wake up wishing for death, unable to perform any other than the most basic functions. My main drink is even vodka and mineral water.
I've also started to black out when drinking heavily, I don't remember a quarter of the night sometimes.
How do I go back to being able to drink like when I was 18-19?
>>
>>7504708
You don't, old age is a bitch. When you're over eighteen you're just on a slow but certain path towards complete deterioration.
>>
>>7504424
Congratulations, u done it. Are u homosex? Ur post sounds like u r micheasl jackxxxson and i might want to fuck u in the assssssssssssss
>>
>>7504722
go home /alck/ your drunk
>>
>>7504708
for me it was when i started drinking liquor which is obvious in retrospect.
drank beer from 17-21ish and avoided liquor because beer was easier to play drinking games with.
we were late to the whole getting wasted at the bar thing, didn't start til 21ish and that's when shots got popular in our group
and that's when i started blacking out and spending the whole next day puking, in bed, sometimes both.
my assumption is that there's no off button for us. you could drink 18 beers playing beer pong and shit and slowly get drunk as fuck.
but you'll never down three or four shots worth in a few minutes by taking a few greasy swigs out of the bottle.
you consume with no off button on liquor? you're gonna get fucked. beer though, nah. it's just way slower.
hopefully that makes sense, i'm drunk right now lol
>>
>>7500821
R u a grill? I drank a whole bottle of Stella red wine or whatever and didn't even catch a buzz. Wine sucks donkey dick
>>
>>7502567
Oh boy, this is the truth.
>>
>>7504008
Stealing other peoples alcohol is a good indicator that you've gone too deep down the rabbot hole. I know that was a wake up call for me.
>>
I'm not an alcoholic and I know it's not a good idea to go grocery shopping drunk but I did it anyway this week and knocked a big stack of food over at Lidl and I'm still dwelling on it today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RBvh-9JGIo
>>
>>7500821
>Went 10 consecutive days dry in December w/o any physical withdrawal.
Wow! That sure is a long time!
>>
>>7500761
Tried quitting, failed. I'm a total dick when I can't drink. Off today and getting wasted. Drinking a lot of cheap ass vodka an red bull. Speakers blaring classic rock. Working outside,.. tilling some dirt, trimming tree branches, killing fire ants. Smoking some sausage. Taking a break. Getting ready to switch to something else. I've had waaaay to much red bull.
>>
>>7500761
>go out to bars, see friends, and drink often because it's enjoyable
>friends move or are otherwise unavailable
>start drinking at home because it's cheaper, don't have to worry about driving, and friends aren't at the bar anyway
>a year goes by
>ive put on some weight
>friends want to hang out again, but i make up excuses because i don't want them to see my alckie-fat self
>keep drinking alone because depressed
>muh viccus cyrrcle
>>
>promised myself I would never touch alcohol because muh ex-marine father stereotype
>litre of jack to even get out of bed, 3 more litres to get through the day, litre to help fall asleep, extremely abusive, etc.
>kicked out the day I turned 18
>got a home (room with friends) after two years being homeless
>21 comes along, they just buy me a thing of Stoli and $20 to spend on whatever
>extremely hesitant to drink it
>3 months later, hear my dad died of liver failure, brother killed himself and the suicide note was him blaming himself for dad being abusive
>a rage like I had never felt before
>drank half the bottle of Stoli because I didn't know what to do
>wake up next day feeling like shit, see friends cleaning up shattered bottle
>they say they understand, saw the email with the family news
>drank the rest over the span of a month
>bought more, don't remember most of the past 5 years of my life after that
>woke up today, feel like I've never been sober before this point
>realize I'm not even half the man I used to be
>realize that my path is exactly like his was
>realize I've become the only thing I've ever hated

Fuck, I want to change everything, but I feel it's too late and I'm better off not living anymore. I don't deserve the two friends who have dealt with me for so long. I don't know what to do.
>>
>>7506171
You drunkenly decanted half a bottle of stoli before shattering the bottle?
>>
What's the cheapest you ever got a handle of vodka?
I just got a handle of Kamchatka for $8.55 after tax, because I was in Indiana.
It's the most foul thing I've ever seen in my life, and I used to ferment alcohol from sugar, water and yeast alone as a teenager.
But who could pass up a deal like that?

...This is gonna be an ordeal to get into my body.
>>
>>7500761
About to break my Lent fast from alcohol. It really will be a Good Friday tonight.
>>
Passed out and got kicked out of a Megadeth concert a couple weeks ago.
What a waste of money.
>>
>>7506171

>realize I'm not even half the man I used to be
>take time, with a wounded hand, 'cause it likes to heal
>>
>>7500761
just fucked up 3 months of sobriety, as we speak...
>>
>>7505244

Don't sweat it, man. I, too, recently embarrassed the fuck out of myself in public whilst pissed.

If only I were too drunk at the time to remember.
>>
sup /alc/fags bought a bottle today for the first time in a few months, sailor jerry, because the pakishack didnt carry kraken

the fuckers stood in my way while I was trying to browse their selection
also i accidentally fucked my pin and when re-running the card one of the fuckers said "it's still gonna be declined" after telling them i mistyped my pin

fuck them, they arent getting my business again, fucking shitstain pakis, rude as fuck desu famlies
>>
I just got hired at a 2nd job. So, today I haven't drank at all besides one beer. Instead of coming home from job 1 and getting slammed I went to job 2 and worked. So, cutting back I guess.
>>
>>7507269
A job gave me an interview last month. It was the next day, so not wanting to go pissed, I was shakey as fuck and hearing shit. I managed to play it off and I got the job, despite the fact that I struggled to even sign my name. Luckily I didn't start for two weeks so I had enough time to quit.
>>
>>7500761
>Drank 2 32oz Cobras, and 2 hard orange sodas.
>>
Thinking of having a pitcher at local pub, i hate going on weekend nights. Too many years in restaurants, i only like empty sun/mon night bars.
>>
>>7506171
The suicidal shame and self-loathing will decrease to manageable levels once you're sober in my experience. What seems like worth killing yourself over in your drunk-hangover cycle might be bearable when you escape it.

Don't trust a booze brain to make the most important decision of your life for you anon, try to get clean first and then see if you still want to kill yourself.

I try to cope with self-hatred by turning that agressive energy in doing good mostly, sort of like buying off my conscience with good deeds. It helps a bit.
>>
>>7507280
I realized I had to cut back when I'd get so shaky I couldn't write. Or so shaky I couldn't even hold food on my fork properly. Happened in public a few times this winter and it's really embarrassing.
>>
File: 0zZJdnZ.jpg (350 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
0zZJdnZ.jpg
350 KB, 1200x900
>>7501252
>>
>>7500761
Lads.
I haven't been able to go sober for more than a month in the past 8 years, and it's only happened twice in that time. I'm pretty much continually buzzed until I get drunk for the day.
>>
>became an alcoholic during college
>drank every day for close to 3 years
>living back at home with parents while trying to get into grad school
>had an intervention with parents about boozin
>have to hide drinking now
>parents on vacation currently
>been drunk for 5 straight days

so ya that's how it's going
>>
>>7501924
Whenever I get off a nice bender I get chest pains that radiate to my back and neck, and it makes breathing harder. It's a major signal that I'm fucking up my health but I keep doing it
>>
>>7504708
after I took "a break", when I was drinking every day consistently I never had hangovers or anything, but when I cut down and only drank once or twice a week I would feel like death the next day
>>
>>7508191
You need to slow down with that taper man
>>
File: afistfight.jpg (35 KB, 460x312) Image search: [Google]
afistfight.jpg
35 KB, 460x312
>>7506171

>>realize I've become the only thing I've ever hated

the worst feeling.
>>
File: 1329493593172.jpg (22 KB, 272x245) Image search: [Google]
1329493593172.jpg
22 KB, 272x245
>>7505244
>"you can't be depressed when you're pissed, it's not possible"

right in the feels
>>
>>7508215
I try, but man it feels like I'm about to have a heart attack. I was always worried about liver problems with drinking, but honestly it feels like my heart is taking a bigger toll
>>
>>7508233
I only ever got it when i slowed down too fast e.g. half each day. I can generally feel some sort of warning signs so that's when I have a drink.
>>
>>7508233
It's your blood pressure. You need to lower your blood pressure by drinking. You might not be damaging yourself long term but think about the here and now. You should probably see a doctor once you've gotten sober.
>>
>>7508240
that's what I thought but my BP is nearly always in healthy range. Whenever I see my doctor I'm seen as "healthy", but I obviously never disclose the true extent of my drinking
>>
>>7508248
Your blood pressure increases during withdrawls because alcohol lowers it. Your body relies on alcohol to keep it stable. I would suggest having at least a sip when you get the slightest tingle, and see if it subsides. You will find you can still cut down, just not as quickly. It should take you no fewer than five days.
>>
>>7505803

WOOF, dude. Buy some better vodka and some club soda or something. Excessive Red bull is probably as bad for you as the liquor is and it's expensive as hell.
>>
Anyone else think that pouring beer into a glass just makes the problem worse? For some reason I seem to finish a beer way, way more quickly when its in a glass.
>>
>>7508447
It's much easier to drink. I do this when tapering so I can neck a drink when I feel withdrawals coming on then wait a few hours more.
>>
>>7500761

started working out again after a year and some change

after 3 days i feel like someone took a tire iron and beat the shit out of my legs and arms

feel so bad i dont even want to drink which is a good thing but then again not drinking that beer i got 50 % off would be a sin, and its Easter tomorrow

...heh

;..;
>>
Does anyone else here just fail at tapering? It seems like I take one drink, and feel a bit better.. Yet I still have a slight feeling of uneasiness creeping up on me.. So I take 2 more drinks. Then I'm gone going back to drinking fifths of vodka And not eating. What a horrible sickness we all have.
>>
>>7508815
I do. It's all or nothing for me. I eat one good decent meal a day and it's helped me a lot. I don't feel so bad all the time.
>>
>>7507290
That Florida life eh?
>>
>>7509158
Huh?
>>
>>7508815
I don't taper. If I have one I might as well keep going in my mind. Of course I haven't been able to make it past 3 days in almost 2 years, so maybe I'm doing it wrong.
>>
How many of you guys are depressed?
I find myself getting drunk every night cause I'm incredibly bored/hate my life/need help getting to sleep.
also how does being an alcoholic progress? started drinking everyday a few months ago
started out 3 drinks normal nights
6-8 drinking on drinking nights
yeah I am a light weight I'm 6 feet tall 145lbs
but now im like 4-6 drinks normal nights
12-14 drinks on drinking nights
are both numbers just gonna keep increasing?
>>
>>7509559
That's pretty much my story and progression, except I started 10 years ago. After a couple years there won't be any difference between a regular night and a drinking night though. You'll just drink 15'ish drinks every night if you're anything like me.
>>
>>7509559
I drink nearly every night, and heavily on Friday and Saturday, but I'm not depressed.

I just like being drunk.

Bachelor's degree, cushy office job, but no GF or friends.

Meh. I have a cat, alcohol, good food, and video games.

It is increasing though. Not sure where I'll be 2 years from now.
>>
>>7501924
oh yes
>>
anyone else here an alcoholic and also on antidepressants

my doctor told me the pills would make me happy so i wouldnt need to drink

hasnt really worked out so far. to make things worse the pills just make me more anxious, so i drink even more to make the anxiety go away
>>
Had Uni, assignments and Work all week, followed by family events - late nights and early mornings. Drank white wine last night and beer the day before but I'm finally at home by myself, eating pizza and smashing long necks of coopers red, bought to have a cig on the balcony.

Fuck sake this feels good.
>>
>>7501136

>work at a liquor store
>half price wine
>drinking every day now, don't feel like an alco because it's good wine

Feels good man
>>
>>7503452

Tanq #10, ice and like 3 lime wedges
>>
Aren't you guys hold back by the fact that the people behind the counter will start to recognize you as "the alcoholic"? I know that played a big role in me not becoming one. Social pressure and all.
>>
>>7510190
There are 5 stores within a ten minute walk and my girlfriend and I take turns going.
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.