[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone ever eat food out of the garbage? Of course I don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8
File: wasted-food-in-garbage.jpg (62 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
wasted-food-in-garbage.jpg
62 KB, 300x300
Does anyone ever eat food out of the garbage? Of course I don't mean obviously rotten food, I'm talking things like relatively fresh food on the top layer of trash bins. Sometimes in order to save money I'll go to my university's cafeteria and eat people's leftover fries and sandwiches out of the trash if it still looks okay.
>>
At work and at home we pour bleach into all of our rubbish bags to prevent exactly this.
>>
>>7498757
Do you hate starving people? If some poor bastard wants to eat my trash I don't care.
>>
>>7498757
Why? Why the fuck do you care if someone is eating something that you threw away?
>>
>>7498760
I don't hate them, but they aren't entitled to my food whether it's in food or my bin. We pour extra bleach over the fresher/intact foods too since this is what they target.
>>
>>7498751
Worked with lady who would eat out of garbage. She was socially ostracized. Showed other signs of mental illness. Ultimately lost her job for incompetence.
>>
>>7498762
in my cupboard or bin*
>>
i used to but takes too much effort and it is too uncertain.
>>
>>7498751
Back in the 80s, my town had a guy called "Harmonica Bob" who was a bearded homeless guy who would hang out behind pizza hut. He would play his harmonica any time he found an unsoiled slice.
Policy dictated that Pizza hut had to throw out extra pizzas at the end of the day (rather than let employees eat them) and so Harmonic Bob often had a lot to eat.
Then they got a new manager and he did >>7498757
>>
No, but I go to my nearby free market and pick up produce that vendors leave behind because it's too ripe or a bit busted up, yet perfectly edible.
>>
>>7498762
If you were completely ignorant of their activities, you wouldn't pour bleach on the trash, they wouldn't be starving, and everyone would be happy. Why even go to the effort of actively preventing them from feeding themselves when you can just ignore it and let them be?
>>
>>7498813
>they wouldn't be starving

My food doesn't get to be the solution to their problems. If they want it so badly they can have it with a nice lemon bleach marinade.
>>
>>7498823

>My food doesn't get to be the solution to their problems.

But it's no longer your food when you put it in the trash. Why do you care whether or not a landfill receives your rejected food or a human being receives your rejected food? Sounds like a waste of bleach and time to me.
>>
>>7498843
We obviously have a difference of opinion on the matter. To me people who want to sneak into my bins at night and go hunting through it are no better than rats, it's well worth the time investment of 10 seconds to empty some bleach into the bag and shake it around to keep these parasites away.
>>
>>7498843

If someone went to my trash can to take food, they are trespassing on my property. I don't care what they take.
I don't want people trespassing on my property to dig through my trash. If I bleach it once and they find out my trash bin isn't a free trough, the won't trespass.
>>
I have too much dignity and self-respect to eat others unwanted food especially if it's out of the trash
>>
calm down sociopaths of the internet, no one is sneaking onto your shitty home property to rummage through your rubbermaid garbage bin, you don't have anything in there but shit anyway.

I've never dumpster dived myself but the people doing it are going to like fucking Kroger or whole foods and digging perfectly fine packaged foods that are one day off an eating them. While those institutions are throwing out shit tons of perfectly good packaged food and produce, no one wants to scuttle into your unkempt lawn to try to tear into your glad bags.
>>
>>7498884
so much anger

dumpster diver detected (DDD for short)
>>
>>7498892
I dated a girl with triple D's years ago

I'd probably miss her if she wasn't such a whore
>>
>>7498884
This. The only thing homeless people look for in residential garbage is recyclables, which bleach will do nothing to deter them from getting it.
>>
remember that anon that was live dumpster diving, I think we called him dumpy or something
>>
>>7498813
Because lawsuits. If they hang around and then trip and fall or some shit they can, and will sue you, or the state will on their behalf.
>>
>>7499045
remember that anon also saved like 30 dollars on groceries this week by ignoring the arbitrary rules and expectations of society, which is necessary because he's poor as fuck and needs to be able to afford rent this month
>>
>>7499053
Because people who are rooting through dumpsters for food have the knowlege and resources to sue
>>
>>7498857
Earlier you said you don't hate them >>7498762, but calling them rats sounds a lot like hate to me. You're free to express your hate, this is an American image board. You don't have to lie.
>>
Brother just to the food bank
>>
File: hqdefault (3).jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault (3).jpg
11 KB, 480x360
It's still food until it turns. For a while after that, even.
>>
>>7498751
No, but I just had a confrontation with a scavenger who was putting the glass and metal in my paper recycle garbage can one by one to get to the cans for maaah faive sen, then proceeded to just dump the container in front of me. He tried the no habla ingles bullshit
>>
>>7498757
>>7498762

i hope you're fucking joking motherfucker your kind of people are the very reason this world is shit i hope you die of fucking cancer from your shit you wanker

disgusting
>>
>>7498857
fucking cunt
>>
>>7498751

in europe it's called trashing when you open up locked containers from supermarkets and take the packaged food that expired one or two days ago the grocery store threw away. unfortunately it's getting more and more difficult since most store owners are selfish fuckers that don't give a shit about the amount of perfectly good food that gets thrown away everyday. it's almost as bad as the fucking restaurant owners where i live
>>
I wish stores would send the almost expired food to a charity or donate it somewhere where it will do good. But it's a lot cheaper to throw the food away since they would have to have people categorize the food, mark it, send it off to whoever etc., it would be a daily thing and would cost money, unless you have another party willing to do it for free like volunteers at a charity. I hate seeing good food go to waste, even worse when people purposely soil it with chemicals.
>>
>>7498757
Why not just drink the bleach instead of wasting it anon?
>>
>>7498751
So let me get this straight. You find yourself in the kitchen. You see an éclair in the receptacle... and you think to yourself: "What the hell, I'll just eat some trash."
>>
I've done it a few times before.
Best is from cheap pizza places like dominos/pizza hutt they'll have pizza that was only sitting out for about an hour in there, boxed like you would get it delivered + bread sticks.

I use to dive in store garbage 2 hours after they close and would grab anything that was factory sealed, usually they were a day expired and were still good.
>>
>>7498751
Nope. Seeing all those uneaten food in the trash at my middle schoop makes me question how they even live
>>
File: recup1.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
recup1.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
Apparently 1/3 of the whole food production is wasted. Such a shame.
Here's a exemple of what you can find in a supermarket's bin :
>>
File: recup2.jpg (1 MB, 600x4911) Image search: [Google]
recup2.jpg
1 MB, 600x4911
>>7501108
Another one
>>
>>7498757
That's really fucked up and backwards. I hate that. Some people could really use that food and it's just wasted.
>>
>>7501108
If I was in your place I would not joke with expired meat. Veggies, fruits, prepared food with a lot of preservatives are okay, but not raw meat if you do not want to embrace some disgusting colon worms or intoxicate your body.
>>
>>7501111
It's just American thing, quadriple anon. They be like 'GET OFF MY LAWN THAT'S MUH PROPERTY'.
>>
Back when I worked produce I wouldnt shy away from the " expired " produce. I'd also give apples and other stuff with rotten spots to customers for their "horses". manager didnt care as long as I didnt mention it to others.
>>
>>7498761
da fedrul gubmint will literally shut you down for it
>>
>>7498775

But see, a bum loitering outside a business might detract customers from coming.

The other bleach guy just hates homeless people with a passion.
>>
>>7501111

>oh no those poor people its ok let them go through my trash
>poor people start hanging around your property now that it's safe to do so
>they now have less and less respect for your personal property
>soon things start end up missing from your lawn
>then your car gets broken into
>then you have junkies sleeping next to your bin

you have to treat homeless people like bears and not encourage them to come to you for free shit or else you're inviting trouble. It's easy to think this is coldhearted but once you're older with your own property you better wise up.
>>
>>7502561
>this guy always bleaches his shit
>seriously? What a dick
>I know, right? Let's dump all the garbage out on his front step and piss on his car
Hint: if you act like an asshole, so do other people
>>
>>7502657

>not inviting people to rummage through my property is being a dick

lol ok. If you see a homeless person in your neighborhood it is your duty as a neighbor to get them the fuck out. It's as bad as feeding stray cats except they can steal and assault you. Plus there are plenty of food banks and assistance for those who are truly hungry so stay the fuck off my property.
>>
>>7502717
Man I bet you were the kid who wouldn't share his toys in preschool. If you're not using it, and have no intention of using it in the future, why the fuck do you care about it?
And come on, don't pretend food banks are all totally available and provide all the food they want to everyone who goes there whenever they want.
>>
>>7502717
>no empathy for stray animals
Literally a warning sign for sociopaths fampai
>>
>>7498857
you sound broken on the inside. hope you become a better person
>>
>>7503130

I don't have a problem with someone having my trash, the problem is letting vagrant strangers go through my trash near my house

>>7503137
stray cats bring disease and fleas. not just for you, for your neighbors too. you are a huge naïve cunt if you're feeding strays
>>
File: 1454961575344.png (37 KB, 838x592) Image search: [Google]
1454961575344.png
37 KB, 838x592
>>7498751
This shouldn't be weird but it is.
>>
>>7498857
>To me people who want to sneak into my bins at night and go hunting through it are no better than rats, it's well worth the time investment of 10 seconds to empty some bleach into the bag and shake it around to keep these parasites away.
Bleach evaporates relatively quickly. If anything you are keeping the food from spoiling for these people.

Then again, me thinks you avoid social interactions at all costs and live vicariously through fictional internet tough guy anecdotes to alleviate feelings or being powerless in your daily life.
>>
File: VUUUUUUUUNDABAH.png (1 MB, 1221x991) Image search: [Google]
VUUUUUUUUNDABAH.png
1 MB, 1221x991
>>7502717
tiny dick closet case detected
>>
>>7503208
You sound like the most uptight, cold-hearted motherfucker I've ever seen. Not showing empathy to animals is a sign of sociopathy. I'll bet you were that kid who tortured lizards and bugs on the playground
>>
>>7499666
OP should listen to Satan
>>
I sorta see bleach guys point about homeless people rooting through shit on their property. Most homeless people are either really mentally ill or drug addicts. But if you live in an apartment complex or some shit I don't really care about homeless people going through trash because the dumpsters are normally pretty far from the complex.
>>
>>7502561
>that slippery slope logic
Lol okay buddy I bet you're one of those kinds of people that thinks two dudes getting married is gonna lead to the downfall of civilization as we know it
>>
I dropped a hangar steak in the trash once while bathing it in s&p

Ate it med rare with my bare hands

I hate my job
>>
I would get drunk and eat dumpster pizza at papa johns at 4am

A grown man and his teenager sidekick sitting in a dumpster eating papa johns

good times

I miss you, alcoholism
>>
Companies make it against policy to give out expired food because of liability.

People are all about lawsuits, you are just asking for trouble when someone breaks their leg jumping out of a dumpster.
Do you know what would happen if it was known thing that a store have out expired food for free, and someone got very il from it?

PR nightmare with a chance of legal ramifications.
It's just the world we live in, blame your grandparents
>>
>>7498857
>People like this actually exist.
God damn, that's horrific.
>>
>>7504530
>I would get drunk and eat dumpster pizza at papa johns at 4am

lmfao

my sides

>A grown man and his teenager sidekick sitting in a dumpster eating papa johns

its like a comic book

holy shit
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.