[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your favorite show? Is this the most /ck/ of shows?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: CakeBoss2.jpg (74 KB, 800x491) Image search: [Google]
CakeBoss2.jpg
74 KB, 800x491
Your favorite show? Is this the most /ck/ of shows?
>>
I want to be the host of diners drive ins and dives but gay fire is in the way
>>
>>7497013
Bizarre foods
>>
>Televised
Chopped > Throwdown > Bizarre Foods > D3 >> Chef Reality show of the season >>>>>>>>>>>>>> obligatory not!chef hasbeen's cooking show > everything else

>Online
Heston anything = Iron Chef reruns > Gordon anything > MPW shills Knorr > some 1 star I've never heard of > YouTube cooks

Haven't seen Cake Boss in forever but he's alright.
>>
>>7497013
i actually didnt mind cake boss too much. I just hate it when they do all those forced drama shit.
>>
>>7497013

>decorative baking
>is this the most /ck/ of shows

Fuck no.

That shit, along with reality shows (which are often one and the same) have basically ruined food television.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
>>7497013
This nigga
>>
>>7497013
Fucking shit taste pleb confirmed.
Ace of Cakes was infinitely better.
>>
>>7497282

Fucking love him... I know /ck/ hates him but that's because he's living the life we all wish we could.
>>
>>7497365
It's because Kitchen Confidential and No Reservations were good, but everything after is trite because it's more about him living the life than projecting his experiences of the industry.

Kind of like class transcendence poisoning his viewpoint. I highly recommend Kitchen Confidential, but couldn't get through 1/3 of A Cook's Tour...
>>
>>7497372

>kind of like class transcendence poisoning his viewpoint

Agreed.

When he started believing he was a real CNN correspondent I chuckled and lost interest.
>>
I've been binging on Worst Cooks in America on Netflix, and it's pretty damn funny from a Schadefreude standpoint.
>>
Just finished watching Mind of a Chef on netflix.

It was pretty good, but I felt I didnt enjoy the last season as much as I did the first two. I think I lost interest in the Nordic chef with the long hair, his story came off as pretty pretentious.

Food was another good documentary on netflix.
>>
>>7497013
>"square up homey. im fuckin fo real"
>>
>>7497013
His show started off fun and cool, but then it just devolved into him make structures out of rice krispies treats
>>
I like any show that actually teaches you how to cook. So, nothing on Food Network.
>>
No, most of the people who actually know how to cook on here aren't really into baking.
>>
>>7499307

Baking is also the most boring possible type of cooking to watch on TV.
>>
>>7499352
U Wot m8? Baking is probably the most common gateway to cooking. Many of us here started by baking cookies with mum.
>>
File: kingjack_whathaveIdone.jpg (129 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
kingjack_whathaveIdone.jpg
129 KB, 1280x720
>>7497013
Let's be honest... cu/ck/ing with ja/ck/ is the most /ck/ show in existence
>>
>>7497013
cake boss
>>
>>7497013
Too much cinnamon can be very dangerous.
>>
>>7497282
I have all his books, hes fantastic
>>
>>7497013
Emp?
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wZDv9pgHp8Q
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.