[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>moved to a new place a couple weeks ago >ran out of money
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: 464o7H4.jpg (98 KB, 640x507) Image search: [Google]
464o7H4.jpg
98 KB, 640x507
>moved to a new place a couple weeks ago
>ran out of money
>dad is going to pay for ~$300 worth of groceries
>I don't really know how to cook
Can you make me a grocery list or give me a couple tips on what I should buy to have some basic healthy meals?
I'm not fat and no alergies so I can eat whatever
>>
>>7496903
Butter + bread + cheese = grilled cheese
Get some tomato bisque or whatever and you have yourself a dank meal.

Pasta shells + butter + salt + pasta sauce = cheap af and somewhat filling

Calrose rice + Asian curry/roux = shitton of calories and easy to make

That's pretty much my best advice. $300 is more than enough if you don't act like a tool. Remember to look for sales, particularly for meat and stock up on some peanut butter for when you run out of better food.
>>
>>7496903
Rice
Potatoes
Pasta
Bread
Flour
Sugar
(Eggs)
(Milk)
Salt
Pepper
Multiple spices
Chicken->freezer
Mince->freezer
Tomatoes
Bell peppers
Chili peppers
Butter
Oil
Stuff you like putting on your bread, peanut butter, sausage, cheese, etc.

Water if you can't drink tap water/prefer not to
Wine
Beer

It's really hard to spend 300 USD on food
>>
75 Hungry Man turkey dinners
>>
>>7496903
How long I'd that 300 meant top last you? If you have absolutely nothing you can live like a king for a few weeks. If it's meant to last more than a month you can live comfortably, more that two months and you're going to be eating lots of pasta and rice.
>>
>>7496926
This nigga knows. And three cases of beer.
>>
>>7496903

7 limes
some 'cha
frozen pizzas
vegan/gluten free bread
pink Himalayan salt
Black Booster whiskey
Soylent
chicken tendies
IPA beer
cola and peanuts
hormel chili with beans
ketchup
stargazy pie
>>
>>7496916
>>7496923
solid
>>7496926
lol
>>7496928
my parents know how bad I am with money, and I was spending about 600 a week eating out so if I made 300 last a month they would be amazed
>>7496934
he said he didn't care if I got some beer and cigs
>>
>>7496923
I forgot the onions and baking powder

Making curry is super simple

You can fill bell peppers with rice, meat, cheese, mango, fish, or whatever you want

Pancakes are super simple
>>
>>7496923
these plus beans and oats. don't buy too much produce at once! stock up on stuff that won't spoil for a while
>>
>>7496962
How could I have forgotten beans
Lentils are also cheap and nice
>>
>>7496967
What do I put the beans in or on?
I'm not autistic I promise, just always ate food out
I figured out how to make chicken alfredo with baked chicken so I think i can eat that like twice a week
>>
Tortillas
Onions
Bell Peppers
Limes
Peanut Butter (The real kind that starts up with the oil separated)
Jelly
Bread
Rice
Pastas
Cuties/Halos
Lettuce
Spinach

>>7496950
>600 a week eating out
Fuck you, goddamn, I'm jealous
>>
>>7496984
Chili
You can make some black bean sauce for rice
You can put green beans on almost all plates without complains
You can bake them with stuff
iirc you can use them instead of meat in burgers
You can put them into burritos
>>
>>7496992
Sadly that's all over now...
>"cut off" until I start working that's why I'm being rationed
Thanks for the suggestions though man
>>
>>7496916
>>7496923
>>7496946
>>7496992
>no garlic
>>
>>7496903
You should go for multipurpose foodstuffs; things you can cook everyday into different dishes.

Get white rice. Don't go for the expensive, fancy stuff. Just white rice, as much as you can for as cheap as you can.
Wash the rice under running water until it runs reasonably clear.
Boil until fluffy in 1.5 cups water for every cup of rice.

Make more than you need. It keeps for at least four days. The day after you make it, you can fry it in some oil.

Get some varieties of cheaper veggies. Lettuce, tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, onions, button mushrooms. Buying whole is almost always going to be cheaper than the bagged stuff. Onions can be cooked with almost everything in the same skillet.

No confidence? Drizzle a small bit of oil and salt over carrots, tomatoes, onions and just leave them in an oven. Roasted veggies are delicious and they should leave a delicious liquid in the pan which you can use to make a sauce.

Get cheap proteins in bulk. Chop them up into portions and freeze them.

Don't waste your dad's money on junk.
>>
File: hb7vqhh.jpg (504 KB, 625x5000) Image search: [Google]
hb7vqhh.jpg
504 KB, 625x5000
>>7496903
dont go out and spend 300 shekels at once if thats what hes giving you for grocery money. Make a plan and shop smart. 300 can last you a long time
>>
>>7497029
>add the beans

T R A S H
R
A
S
H
>>
100 tv dinners
90 TV dinners if ur state has food tax
>>
>>7496903
1200 ramens
alternatively, 800 ramens and 150 cans of PBR
>>
File: 1454514786474.jpg (176 KB, 854x859) Image search: [Google]
1454514786474.jpg
176 KB, 854x859
>>7497029

>add the corn
>>
>>7496903
That girl transformed from a golden retriever into a labrador.
>>
>>7496950
>my parents know how bad I am with money, and I was spending about 600 a week eating out so if I made 300 last a month they would be amazed

That's not called being bad with money. That's called you're a fucking total retard.

On food alone I've spent like $200 in a week eating out and that was hard. You're an idiot.

But I'm also not a degenerate so fuck you
>>
>>7496984
i just make a huge pot of beans and rice that lasts me like 2 weeks. it's pretty good too if you put onions and peppers and the right spices
>>
>>7497029
>3 days. If that's just lunch that would last me a week. I'm an office drone, but still.
>>
>>7496903
ground beef, flour (yes a big sack of just flour), some kind of ale or cider (although I prefer angry orchard) and some kind of tomato base (plain old campbell's tomato soup works just fine). Those four ingredients will make you a great cheap chili/stew base that you can add fucking anything to. Chopped potato, onion, steak chunks, any kind of spices, it works so broadly as to be un-fuck-uppable.
Just take the ground beef, mix well with flour until you end up with dusted little ground beef chunks with no visible deep redness (although if you mix even more, the flour will turn reddish from the blood, that's a-okay).
Add to a pot of a few tablespoons of melted butter and let grill for a minute or two, mix it all around and get it kind of half-cooked, making sure to get a good amount of crispities all up in there.
Add some cider to taste, anywhere from a quarter of a bottle to a whole bottle, depending on amount of beef and to taste, stir and mix in until you end up with a tacky paste. (AT THIS POINT, you have basically made the base for so many good things, including homemade sloppy joe, just try spreading this shit on buttered toast and DIE FROM GOOD TASTES) season to taste.
Add your tomato base, depending on what you use you may want to add milk or water or continue to futz with it, but you have your nice chili base.
>>
>>7497029
I'm pretty sure he said his dad was going to go with him and buy him up to $300 in groceries in one go, not that he was being given $300 in cash to spend on groceries willy-nilly
>>
>>7499078
This sounds terrible
>>
>>7499092
Well that's your opinion, sure, and it is not complete, I did say to spice to taste, maybe add melted cheese, add some vegetables, it's just a base, man.
>>
File: 1458720905284.gif (358 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
1458720905284.gif
358 KB, 300x169
>>7496950
>I was spending about 600 a week eating out

Wut?
>>
Get packs of buttermilk, lots of it. ( for them proteins )

Next get yourself some Rice, big bags of 'em, bell peppers and peanut butter. The peanut butter can be used to make sauce for the rice. Get some sweet chili with that too, big bottles can't miss 'em. Back to the bell peppers, just fry them in a pan with oil.

Next some bread, any kind. Slater with peanut butter.

Cheap cruesli can be pretty allright aswell.

Beside that, just to it off with anything, yoghurt, more vegetables etc.

Pasta is gud aswell. Don't forget the herbs.
>>
File: Irradiated pepe.png (13 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Irradiated pepe.png
13 KB, 400x400
>>7496950
>and I was spending about 600 a week eating out
>>
>>7497260
Not op but do you actually freeze it or just put it in a refrigerator?
I never cook more than I can eat in 2-3 days but it sounds conveniently.
>>
>>7496903
you want to move out but you cant even cook?
why even bother youre going to either die or get horribly obese...and then die
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.