[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel /ck/? https://www.youtube.com/w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 16
File: Mcdonald's anime.jpg (249 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Mcdonald's anime.jpg
249 KB, 1280x720
How does this make you feel /ck/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e-zAljAgqs
>>
>>7493629
Cute, but it's sad that full grown men watch this kind of shit voluntarily.
>>
>>7493629
Having worked fast food as one of my first jobs and found it to be truly awful, I'm mildly irritated to see it romanticized, even if I know it's paid for by the company itself.
>>
Why are people demanding her to smile? Is it like a Japanese McDonald's thing?
>>
Reminds me when I worked there for the first time.
>>7493743
Sounds like you had it tough. I understand though. For some reason customers will treat McDs people below special needs janitors and trolley pushers. Also some management are psychos.
>>
>>7493629
Only works because people in Japan are nice. Somebody should make a parody in a Black neighborhood.
>>
>>7493760
>Also some management are psychos.

We had a couple of managers with a sort of napoleon complex, it seems really common in fast food.

I'm sure not all sites are that bad, but mine was pretty awful between customers and management.
>>
>>7493760
>psycho management

Damn right, when i worked at Subway i had one manager who sucked dick for coke, one who was a nymphomaniac that wanted me and my girlfriend to sleep with her and her husband (they were both hideous creatures) and one who was a dumb negress who stole $2000 over the course of a week and said it was my fault.

I left on the spot one day and never looked back.
>>
File: 1458342268964.jpg (61 KB, 600x375) Image search: [Google]
1458342268964.jpg
61 KB, 600x375
>>7493753
You can "order" a smile there. But it's mostly used for banter now.

>One smile, please!
>Will that be to go?
>>
>>7493743
different country; different culture Anon.

Been to Japan. America has been to niggerized over the last 50 years to understand the level of social maturity Japan has. Like an ant trying to understand 5 * 6..

Here, we make fun of people and their job.. There they take jobs VERY seriously. I don't know why people here feel the need to belittle someone who works at McD's, but they do. These same people still eat at McD's, and whine & bitch like mad when their order is messed up.

Every job is important. Every effort counts. but in the US we piss on people who work hard and feel sorry for bums who freeze to death..
>>
go back to /a/ you horrendous cumswiller.
>>
>>7493875
You're doing an over-the-top weeb character for us to laugh it, right?
>>
>>7493753
It's called working in the service industry dumbshit. You smile. Nobody wants their company faced by some apathetic asshole. Faking a smile is the easiest part of the job.
>>
File: 1458363995401.png (644 KB, 638x720) Image search: [Google]
1458363995401.png
644 KB, 638x720
>>7493879
>>
>>7493898
I wish they wouldn't. It looks like somebody cares about me but I know deep down that they're faking.
>>
>>7493887
Spotted the nigger.
>>
>>7493927
They're just an employee not your mother. No need to take it personally.
>>
>>7493898
it's funny because apparently when mcdonalds was introduced in china, people thought they were getting scammed when the cashier smiled and thanked them because they're so used to haggling and shit
>>
Horny
>>
>>7493998
I can believe this. 99% of business transactions are by small shops and stands on the street or gigantic markets/malls where the owner is usually the only worker.
>>
>>7493998
I don't understand what is so difficuly about smiling and being pleasant while you are conducting business. I get employees acting like I just asked them to change their entire personality because I simply asked them to smile more around customers.
>>
>>7493927
I care about you anon. I'll always be here for you.
>>
>pandering to otaku and weebs

no
>>
File: puzzlepiece.jpg (28 KB, 436x442) Image search: [Google]
puzzlepiece.jpg
28 KB, 436x442
>>7493927
Which part of the spectrum are you on?
>>
>>7494180
It's very difficult for some people. Certainly almost everyone can do the motions of a smile and alter their voice on command, but for some people it just comes across as extremely false or even insulting because they're not very good at it, and those people tend to be reticent to try because of that. Doesn't help that some people have a relatively sour relaxed facial expression to begin with.

If you feel it's worth putting some training into it, I'd suggest trying to get them to think of a joke or something that makes them happy once and awhile when dealing with customers to get a genuine positive expression that they can pass off as being related to business.
>>
>>7493761
I live in Cleveland, there was a McD's I went to 3 years ago where some black retard was getting mad that it got too busy and called everybody a bunch of stupid NIGGAS and left. It took 40 minutes to get a fucking big mac from that situation.
>>
>be a mcwage slave
>learn how to initiate
>mustard never comes out as smoothly as depicted
It must be nice having nice things.
>>
>those hats
I want one. Too bad burgerland has those shitty visor piece of shits.
>>
>>7494295
Yeah I can't passively 'smile' when I'm just standing there doing nothing not talking to anyone and I have a natural frown apparently so my bosses always used to tell me off. When I actually had to talk to someone though I could be normal enough though.
I don't do hospitality anymore though so who cares.
>>
File: wac.png (542 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wac.png
542 KB, 1280x720
big wac > big mac
>>
I don't speak weeb so is this supposed to not take place in Japan/Asia? Everyone has fucking brown hair and blue eyes...
>>
>>7493629
i think the japanese view of mcdonald's is different than in the states. iirc mcdonalds in japan isn't really bottom of the barrel fast food garbage and it's going there is treated like a special occassion.

please if anyone knows better correct me or clarify the point i'm trying to make. if it really is the garbage that we have in the west then i cant stand the romanticization. i think the animation is really nice though
>>
>>7494627
did you even watch the commercial? there's only one person with blue eyes. the rest look pretty tame. the last girl has lighter hair and eyes than a typical japanese person but wigs, contacts, hair dye and generally changing your appearance isn't uncommon in japan
>>
>>7493788
>i had one manager who sucked my dick for coke
nice! why would you quit?
>>
>>7494702
>mcdonalds in japan isn't really bottom of the barrel fast food garbage and it's going there is treated like a special occassion.

It's better than American Mcdonalds and they have interesting variety/limited time goods but no, it's not special. It's just fast food. The Japanese treat fast food the same way.
>>
>>7494709
they all look fucking western you weeb fuck
>>
>>7493646
why
>>
>>7494771
Other than the items that are only sold there it's exactly the same shit as in the US
>>
>>7494787
The Simpsons are Asians because they look yellow.
>>
>>7494852
If they are yellow, do they look yellow?
>>
File: mcdonalds-anime-ad-gif-3.0.gif (2 MB, 848x478) Image search: [Google]
mcdonalds-anime-ad-gif-3.0.gif
2 MB, 848x478
I want to move to Japan to work at Mcdonalds

No but seriously god damn that food looks good. They should have taken a note from studio ghibli and added twice as many shots of the food.
>>
>>7494792
It's about as pathetic as my little pony
>>
Fast food jobs in Japan are... different.
It's not just apathetic teenagers earning weed money.
They're in it for the long haul.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Skx-7TGawx4#t=2m28s
>>
>>7494702
McDonald's in the 80s and 90s were special places where you had things like kids birthdays and Ronald McDonald shows
>>
>>7494583
Is this the same for mustard dispensers everywhere?
>>
>>7494702
Japan's view is pretty similar to Australias, only it's slightly more relaxed. Or at least Australia tries to.
>>
>>7493887
If you make fun of people who you pay to do a job then you should stop paying those people to do a job and move on with your life.

If you feel trapped with no other way to live than to belittle those you depend on, then escape and go work on a farming commune or something.
>>
>>7495028
It's a culture that places a lot more value on both work and food anyway.
>>
>>7495056
can you elaborate on what australia's view is?
>>
>>7495056
Are you Australian? Because the following are the only acceptable reasons to eat maccas here:
>you're a child
>you're drunk
>you were drunk, so now you're hungover
>it's the only food available
>you are so abnormally tired that you don't have the energy to leave your car
>you really need a coffee and the only other choice is 7/11
>they've brought back the monopoly theme
>>
>>7495118
>you're drunk
>you were drunk, so now you're hungover

So what you're telling me is that there is never an inappropriate time to eat McDonald's in Australia.
>>
>>7495129
Not true. It's completely inappropriate to eat maccas between 6AM and 8AM on a Monday morning, since that's the period between waking up from the coma and finding your wallet.
>>
>>7493875
I hate living in the south east of the US
Niggers EVERYWHERE
And I'm not trying to hurt anyone else's feelings from the south but most of the white people act like niggers here too.
Whites are much more sophisticated in other parts of the country with less niggers.
The south gets romanticized a lot on 4chan but it really fucking sucks and has the worst kind of inferiority complex.
>>
>>7493875
I used to live in Shanghai and the quality of McDonalds there is actually not bad, to the point where I'm not embarrassed nor unsure to eat there.

I don't know if it's the culture, but I know people who work at McDonalds in China give it their best because they know they're easily replaceable, and with the population being so condensed there are not too many jobs out there.
>>
>>7495140
That seems unfair to people who work irregular hours.
>>
>>7495144
Lol of allll the problems facing America "people from other regions romanticizing the south" really really isn't a thing you have to fret over.
>>
>>7493875
Yay capitalism!
>>
It really drives the point of how different "fast food" is around the world when not part of the American society. These people aren't paid below subsistence wages and then supported by food stamps or other capital transfers.

Really, minimum wages are a godsend.

>>7495013
You are trying far too hard to vilify something completely innocent by false comparisons. Is this a personal issue of some kind for you?
>>
>>7495013
It's just animated fiction man, just as an adult watching any animated disney movie. Now the grown ass fuckers that watch my little pony are sick cunts, because almost all of them get horny watching that shit.
>>
>>7493629
McDonald's is my favourite anime
>>
>Japan is so infantilized they need to anime-ize everything
Those nukes really messed them up.
>>
>>7493875
>I don't know why people here feel the need to belittle someone who works at McD's
because it's braindead work shitting out crap that shouldn't even be considered food. it's people like them who keep the fast food industry strong while whining about "muh 1%" and "evil capitalism"
>>
>>7495464
As opposed to anime? Because hentai doesn't exist as a huge spinoff industry?

Fucking weaboos.
>>
>>7493875
>Every job is important. Every effort counts. but in the US we piss on people who work hard and feel sorry for bums who freeze to death..
That's the attitude that once made America great.

>>7496026
>If something is animated it's automatically for infants
>>
>>7495144
>And I'm not trying to hurt anyone else's feelings from the south but most of the white people act like niggers here too.

That's because black culture is literally (poor) white southern culture plus centuries of persecution. Very little of the original African cultures remain, and those that did were absorbed into the poor white culture around them.
>>
>>7496114
>Because hentai doesn't exist as a huge spinoff industry?

Only a small minority of hentai involves horses in any way.
>>
>>7496634
I'm not American but aren't there regional differences? I imagine that while southern black culture and southern white culture are almost the same, the black culture of New York or Detroit would have a more "urban" bend to it.
>>
>>7493898

Except that in the video customers are actually asking the girl to smile, moron.
>>
>>7494875
>look how nicely I wrap this burger!
>proceeds to chuck it down the counter
>>
>>7493629

This reminds me how little fucks my local McDonalds give. My local McDonalds fucks up every possible order you give them. Want a medium fries? Ah well here's a plain burger with extra glops of mayo. Good thing I don't eat McDonalds often.
>>
>>7493629
Disgusting. McDonalds is shit and I can't stand it romanticized and being made out to be such a positive place full of positive people. Absolutely saccharin add. I think I might be sick honestly.
>>
>>7496643
It's generally the same all over, with the regional differences being pretty small. The rural culture can be pretty different from the urban, but generally it's pretty shit. But I guess this is more of a topic for /pol/ or /his/
>>
File: IMG_0455.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0455.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>
File: image1.jpg (1 MB, 3000x3000) Image search: [Google]
image1.jpg
1 MB, 3000x3000
>>
File: Ebi_burger.jpg (168 KB, 1216x684) Image search: [Google]
Ebi_burger.jpg
168 KB, 1216x684
>>
File: ku-xlarge.jpg (352 KB, 640x1440) Image search: [Google]
ku-xlarge.jpg
352 KB, 640x1440
>>
>>7496729
The Mcdonald's in asia are all like this
>>
File: IMG_2774.jpg (262 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2774.jpg
262 KB, 1600x1200
my sister brought back one of these for me from Japan because I wanted to try it but it was found crushed flat inside her bag so she threw it away
>>
>>7495433
>an ad
>being depressing

Please
Have you seen American McDonald commercials?
They make McDonalds come off as a multicultural hip and diverse place
>>
File: Quentin Tarantino.gif (1 MB, 245x150) Image search: [Google]
Quentin Tarantino.gif
1 MB, 245x150
>>7496866
>putting cheese whiz on fries
>>
File: 20140329-100020.jpg (233 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
20140329-100020.jpg
233 KB, 1024x1024
>>
Mcdonalds food always looks so cute and uniform now days, but tastes so bland.

I have a weird respect for what they're doing, but I can't eat there.
>>
>>7497108
damn I could really go for a shake right now, it's probably been years since I had one
>>
>>7496856
>fuckmesilly&fuckmybigblackass.jpeg
>>
>>7495464

What's wrong with getting horny to my little pony?
>>
are japanese mcdonalds less depressing than american mcdonalds?

i imagine less homeless people, less hoodrats screaming, less obese children

maybe i am wrong
>>
>>7493760
Worked at Hardee's for my first job, cashier. All the managers were failure, loser 30 year old+ females with no outlook in life. GM was an actual pyschopath misandrist. Put in my two weeks and she 'believed' (fuck psychopaths) I wanted to leave because I wasn't getting paid enough. You cannot be paid enough to work there. We had a fat rush with a bunch of annoying ass old Canadian fucks (I'm not even talking about niggers) on a tour bus in the middle of fucking nowhere. There is nothing in my state to see, in hindsight I should have walked out as soon as the bus showed up. I was doing drivethru, cashier, giving people food, and this retarded ass hardee's thing of taking the food out to the customers. Fuck I HATE Hardee's and fuck I hate fast food.
>>
>>7496640
Oh, it's horses. Because having every orifice of every female character in their series' holes filled with random shit is a departure from normalcy. This is coming from someone who's jacked off to any animation he's seen, including Klasky Csupo shit.

It's all fucked up, but feigning superiority is retarded.
>>
File: 57372322.jpg (706 KB, 2591x1944) Image search: [Google]
57372322.jpg
706 KB, 2591x1944
>>
>>7497309
And what profession are you a part of now?
>>
>>7497325
Currently a cook.
>>
>>7497338
You were a "cook" at Hardees. No offense, but that sounds like an adolescent rant. If you're the lower man on the totem pole, you're most likely to find your manager incompetent/psychopathic/retarded. If you ever get people under your, you'll understand a little bit more, because they'll seem utterly retarded as well.
>>
>>7493761
http://www.cc.com/video-clips/czvwdf/chappelle-s-show-wacarnold-s---uncensored
>>
>>7497360
No, I was a cashier at Hardee's. You may find this hard to believe but not everyone is retarded.
>>
>>7497538
You're not really proving your case, mate.
>>
>>7495464

>Now the grown ass fuckers that watch my little pony are sick cunts, because almost all of them get horny watching that shit.

I can safely say watching MLP is no worse than moeblob shit. It's all just cute characters doing cute things.
>>
>>7495144
As an AL bro I completely agree.
>>
>>7493629
animation and art are surprisingly high budget, very nice
>>
>>7498010
>high budget
>still looks like a slideshow
>>
File: consider-the-following-gorilla.jpg (110 KB, 786x514) Image search: [Google]
consider-the-following-gorilla.jpg
110 KB, 786x514
>>7493898
I don't expect or even like people smiling at me at places like McDonalds. It's a horrible job. If you're smiling as if you enjoy it that means you're either dishonest or a moron.
>>
>>7497309
I had a manager at Hardee's. He was a redheaded racist with turrets syndrome (he didn't yell nigger or anything he mostly just had spasms or occasionally non vocal sounds.) Dunno why he took a liking to me but he'd sidle up to me every now and again to make the sort of comments you'd here from a drunk uncle at a family reunion. Maybe he liked my blond hair and blue eyes.

Anyway none of the other managers could stand him but they didn't have a reason to fire him so they put him exclusively on close where they would have to spend the least amount of time with him, I got dragged along because he liked me and changed my schedule.

I learned many things from him that summer, such as about his life long dream to move down to the border and join a border guard militia.

I don't really know where I was going with this story but there you have it, I wonder if he ever made it down to New Mexico. I think of that man every time I hear /pol/ speak now. Note this was way back in 04 before /n/ was even a glimmer in moot's eye, 4chan was a different world back then so I can only really compare him in massive hindsight.
>>
>>7498056
>it that means you're either dishonest or a moron

You could be numbing your pain with drugs, which you might consider being a moron, but for anyone other than a teenager working at McD's could be argued to be a perfectly rational response to their shit life.
>>
>>7494875
Canuck here.

Been living in Hokkaido for a few months now and on occasion I go to a McDonalds narby when I'm craving it. The burgers taste pretty comparable like the ones back home and they offer their own variations as well.

Personally, I think they salt the fries way too much.
>>
>>7497778
>Being attracted to women is no different than being attracted to horses!!!!
This is what you just said.
>>
>>7494180

Try making your business actually pleasant to work in, fuckface.
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.