[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cider Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1280x720_apple_cider.jpg (152 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720_apple_cider.jpg
152 KB, 1280x720
I can't stand the taste and smell of beer.

I'm experimenting with ciders and they're quite good, especially the fruity blends.

Found something called Rekorderlig from Sweden and damn it's tasty and I can enjoy a full can without getting buzzed.

Why is this not a bigger thing?
>>
Because people buy alcohol for the combination of good taste and the buzz.

If you're not getting a buzz you may as well be drinking apple juice.
>>
Because you're a woman if you're not drinking horse piss or straight Everclear, and it wasn't until the 00's that men getting in touch with their "feminine side" became the in thing and not just a sitcom joke.
That said I'm in your boat, JK's Scrumpy is my personal pick. $10 a bottle here though. fug
>>
>>7493549
Why is enjoying a full can without getting buzzed a good thing?
>>
>>7493582

Why would losing cognitive abilities be a good thing? I

Getting drunk is just wasting time, it takes a while to recover during which you can;t read anything or do anything useful.

I like it for the fact that it's a natural fermentaion product.

I have two tsps of cider vinegar as well every evening.
>>
Cider has been massive in Europe for centuries.
Rekorderlig is a woman's cider too.
>>
because if i drink as much cider as i do beer i shit my pants
>>
>>7493597
That's the only thing with cider, it fucks with your guts, especially the scrumpy flat shit.
>>
that's not a very good cider. if you don't want to be even a little drunk you don't need to drink alcohol, they make other kinds of drinks.
>>
>>7493549
Rekorderlig is everywhere in Melbourne and it's fucking lolly water for women.
OP, try Fat Yaks. It's a beer with a slight taste of fruit. Or just drink Mead.
>>
>>7494168
Not OP but where is the best place to go looking for mead? I've never had any and have always been curious to try some. Local liquor store never seems to have anything.
>>
>>7494366
Theres lots of good recipes, you could always try to make it yourself. Other than that Im not sure where to buy it. Maybe ask your store if they can order it.
>>
>>7493549
you're a fruity blend
>>
File: CidreBoucheBrut.jpg (23 KB, 260x390) Image search: [Google]
CidreBoucheBrut.jpg
23 KB, 260x390
I was gifted a bottle of this, is it any good for drinking? If not, I'll just use it for cooking
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 336x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 336x480
Try a Lambic if you enjoy fruitier stuff.
>>
Rekorderlig is pretty pedestrian to be honest - it's just an overly sweet alcopop - albeit, not a terrible one. It's already big in Europe and (upmarket) Australia.

If you want fruity notes in your beer shoot for pale or Amber ales. Another bloke said Fat Yak, which is pretty nice. If you really want to stick to ciders, the James Squire apple cider is a nice beer-like drop that's moderate on the sweetness with a bit of maltiness.

If you want to experiment, make your own. A good ginger beer should cost you <$1 per litre once you invest the $US 75 needed for equipment.

Now if you're just being a closet sweet-tooth then just man the fuck up and say so. You don't need validation for drinking sugar water. Most people can't stomach the sweetness of rekorderlig, so what?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.