[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got one of these pots to replace my old steel one that had
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: Le-Creuset-Cookware.jpg (33 KB, 430x315) Image search: [Google]
Le-Creuset-Cookware.jpg
33 KB, 430x315
I got one of these pots to replace my old steel one that had warped a little and didn't sit flat anymore, but apparently you aren't supposed to use metal utensils on them. this is a problem because I usually eat my food right out of the pot so I don't have to wash more dishes.

aside from using wooden chopsticks is there anything else I can do? I have a piece of walnut that I could try to carve a spork out of, but I don't know how effective it would be.
>>
>>7493038
>aside from using wooden chopsticks is there anything else I can do?

Sure. Transfer your food out of the cooking vessel and onto a plate or into a bowl like a normal human being and eat it out of there.

>>but washing dishes
Waaaah, cry more.
>>
Just scoop it out into a bowl you filthy subhuman.
And turn your god damned heat down, your shitty electric element doesn't heat your pans evenly.
>>
>>7493047
my old pan warped because I moved recently and didn't notice that the element on light was in a different place. it's barely noticable and wouldn't be a problem if I didn't have this shit ass glass top stove.
>>
>>7493038
You are absolutely fine using metal on enameled cast iron.

Lecreuset also offers lifetime replacement in the event of damage.
>>
So get a plastic spoon and use that? You could get camping utensils, or just steal some spoons from a fast food joint.
>>
>>7493069
the booklet it came with said you aren't supposed to scrape metal spoons on it. is it still ok to eat soup and rice out of it?
>>
>>7493068

It also wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have that shit-ass pan that warped so easily. But it seems like you've already fixed that problem!
>>
>>7493092

Use your brain, anon. The enamel coating on the pans is basically the same thing as glass. When you eat soup are you scraping your spoon so hard that it would damage glass? No? Then you can clearly use your metal utensils in the pan.
>>
>>7493100
it was a nice revereware pot though
>>
>>7493038
hows the autism treating you
>>
>>7493092

Then use either wooden or abs nylon cookware.
>>
>>7493106
http://www.chowhound.com/post/scratched-le-creuset-opinions-advice-870490
No, you clearly can't.
If the directions say not to do it then DON'T FUCKING DO IT
>>
>>7493119
What does any of that rambling about whisking in a pot have to do with someone eating carefully with a spoon?
>>
>>7493125
>carefully

Anon can't even heat a pan without warping it.
>>
>>7493132
it was an accident ok. the stove where I live now has a timer-linked shutoff. the night before I was using the right burner and the timer automatically turned it off when it was done and I forgot to turn the knob off. then the next day I was using the left burner, but turning the timer back on automatically started heating the right burner under my empty pot.
>>
>>7493132

You know what? That's a damn good point. I stand corrected.
>>
>>7493038
you're eating alone, it takes like 10 seconds to wash a plate. Stop being a lazy nigger, you don't want to be a nigger now do you?
>>
I thought of buying Le Creuset the other day, but then noticed the "made in China and Thailand" patch. Disappointing.
>>
>>7493161
le cuckset
>>
>>7493161

>he thinks where it's made implies quality
>>
>>7493169

Where did he say anything about quality? Maybe he'd rather spend his money on a product that supports domestic jobs rather than foreign ones?
>>
>>7493038
>I have a piece of walnut that I could try to carve a spork out of
you're too lazy to wash a plate but you're considering carving your own wooden utensil?
>>
>>7493185

The spork is a one-time thing whereas washing dishes needs to be done often.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.