[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SICK GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
who /sick/ here?

im about to go to the store to pick up some more tussin and i need some food too.

what should i get to eat? i dont really like soup
>>
>>7492746

Spicy chicken noodle soup
>>
drink lots of warm peppermint tea or bland soup. no real food, follow the old adage starve a cold drown a fever.
>>
Whiskey and canned chili
>>
>>7492757
>follow the old adage starve a cold drown a fever.

do not listen to this advice
>>
>>7492746
hot toddy's with green tea always makes me feel so much better
>>
>>7492746
I drink ginger ale and eat progresso 100 calorie chicken noodle soup (not the 90 calorie or the homestyle)

Fuck if im going to be cooking while im sick
>>
>>7492758
>canned chili
>possibility of throwing up

no fuckin thanks.
>>
you could make some congee, i always find it pretty easy to get down when i'm sick. plus you can add pretty much whatever you want to flavour it
>>
>>7492746
>Was perfectly fine yesterday
>This morning start to have bad muscle pains
>Power through it because I have an important job interview which I nailed btw
>as soon as I get home start throwing up
>Currently hiding under a blankie and being really glad I don't have to work tomorrow
>Fuck stomach flus
>>
>>7492864
When I was about 13 me and my dad got some fucking virus that I haven't experienced since. For two solid days I could not do so much as take a sip of water. It came back up within a minute. two days of literally nothing. shit was insane.
>>
>>7492868
I'm currently alternating between liquid shit geyser and throwing up bile. What a lovely day. Gonna try and have some rice and miso soup later
>>
>>7492746
A stir fry with lots of veggies
>>
Hot sweet tea with milk
Hot buttered marmite on toast

The perfect mix of salt, sugar and fluids.
>>
>>7493110

good lord. nothing in the world sounds less pleasant than that right now.

i just got some chicken noodle soup and kraft singles and made grilled cheese. everything tastes so bland.

im gonna go check and see what kinds of teas i have. i actuall think i might have peppermint.
>>
Just medicine and water. Lose weight and feel great. Ill be back to drinking in not time.
>>
>>7493167
Congee and chinese herbal teas legitimately shorten your sickness. But I'm not near my mommy at the moment, so I'm going with beer, benadryl, and ephedrine.
>>
any time I get bad head colds I take my self to a vietnamese place close by and get beef pho and a salty limeade, makes me feel better for about an hour.

if you ain't into soups I really don't know what to suggest, but the salty lime drink found at most vietnamese joints does alot to sooth a sore throat.
>>
Go NEET.

You wont get sick if you never leave the house.
>>
>>7492746
>General
>>
>>7492746
Raman with an uncomfortable amount if sriracha in it. Eat the noodles and then sip the broth like tea.
>>
>>7492746
chicken broth m8, warm it up and drink it like it were tea
>>
>>7492746
Sorbet. It's my favorite thing to eat when I'm sick. It's so soothing and gentle on the throat.
>>
>>7492746
It depends what kind of sick... bananas, rice, applesauce, toast (BRAT) - and jello if you are unable to stomach much.

Soup, tea (mint, chamomile), broth... Drink something hot, avoid dairy.
>>
>>7492881
This was me two weeks ago. Miso soup got me through it.
>>
>>7492746
Oh, not liking soup...that's rough. So, consider that you are feeling really lazy, and its time to get some convenience foods that appeal to your best cravings:

When I'm sick, I get the jello chillin down for the next fast snack, cause I usually avoid dairy.
Lime jello + diced apples or mandarin oranges
Orange jello + grated carrot or diced canned pineapple
If you want dairy, stock up on fun yogurts, or tapioca pudding, or tres leches/tiramisu, ice cream or sherbet

From the deli
Ambrosia marshmallow salad, or creamy potato salad can soothe a tummy
egg salad and some soft rye bread can be a fast breakfast
pimento cheese spread and crackers for a snack. Guac has nutrition and you can dose it with some lime juice for Vit C. Feeling really rundown, I'll get some chopper liver.

Freezer section will have steam-in-bag brown rice ready to enjoy, and you can buy something to go with it, like a stir fry that you do in a skillet, or bake some chicken with tsaos sauce from tyson. Frozen meatballs and some egg noodles. Just nuke some stouffers welsh rarebit to have on some thick toast. Toaster waffle. Bagel and cream cheese. Oatmeal bar or cookies.
>>
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I made chicken soup. Old pic but it looks like this usually.
>>
>>7492746
How can you not like all soup? That's like not liking grilled.
>>
>>7494095
>How can you not like all soup? That's like not liking grilled.

OP, being sick is when one teaches their palate the joys of comforting soup that you sip past a sore throat. Same for ginger lemon tea and peppermint tea.
>>
I got over my sickness but my taste buds haven't adjusted yet. Everything still tastes awful. Shit sucks.
>>
>>7492746
Don't listen to all these faggots. I've got the only advice you need for the next time you get sick since it looks like you're feeling better now. Grab some Powerades or Gatorades or whatever. You know what I'm talking about. Now order some delivery and watch Saving Private Ryan until you fall asleep.
>>
I've been coughing so bad my stomach muscles are sore. green tea, tussin and maybe some beef tea or toast later on. I think i've lost 5-10 lbs since last Friday
>>
>>7492746

If your throat is fucked make some tea with lemon, honey and ginger slices, drink that all the time. Eat whatever you can digest. If you want to be cured overnight do this - buy a pint of atronf beer sk.ethinf like 7% heat it up but don't boil it, add some honey if you can't get it down, get in bed and drink it while hot fairly quickly and then just stay under covers and go to sleep. You'll sweat like a motherfucker but in the morning you'll feel great.
>>
>>7492868

I have had a couple of hangovers like that, everything that goes down comes straight back up.

Not a lot of fun, turns out sipping lemonade (which I never drink anyway) was the key and I felt a lot better over the next few hours.
>>
>>7492746
when i'm sick i usually just eat some whole grain toast with a little butter if i'm not congested.

every time after being sick, i crave chicken tenders, fries, and honey mustard. i think it's because they're easy to eat/digest with protein and lots of calories from the fat plus carbs in honey. mustard is probably good for your digestive system too.
>>
Okayu
>>
BRAT is the eternal truth, OP.
>>
>throw up any solids
>poop out any liquids like a water pistol

Oh god make it end.
>>
>>7492746
Little bit iffy? Have some grilled mackerel with fresh white radish.

Full blown cold? Have rice noodles (no chili anything) and drink coconut water.

Stomach in a rut? Lightly sweetened ginger and a bun. No milk, no carbonation.

Anything else? Plain porridge with steamed, salted chicken.
>>
>>7492881
>>7492868
I know that feel bros

I had a virus that caused simultaneous diarrhea and throwing up

was not fun
>>
File: 201109031130510.jpg (47 KB, 296x295) Image search: [Google]
201109031130510.jpg
47 KB, 296x295
>>
>MMXVI
>getting sick

lmao enjoy your shit genes
>>
>>7492809
What ginger ale? Vernors, Canada Dry, Schweppes, Boylan, or that one with the Griffin.
>>
File: 4L_rEY94baZ.jpg (160 KB, 1500x1125) Image search: [Google]
4L_rEY94baZ.jpg
160 KB, 1500x1125
Congee all the way. It’s the best sick food.
>>
Dicks
>>
>>7493466
Not true. My dad brought home a flu and just by walking into the living room a few times Im having a dull ache and pressure in my ears so I might actually be developing an ear infection. All because he doesnt do what the doctor tells him and sits in the living room coughing and sneezing where other people are which spreads the shit through the room.
>>
>>7498613
Do you usually make it with Rice or oats?
I've made it with oats and chicken marinated in honey, soy sauce and ground nut oil and that came out well.Also Leek and Spinach and bak choi
>>
>>7498613
WEABOO
>>
>>7499632
Doesn't that qualify as oatmeal? I assume it's thinner but I wouldn't call it congee.

I do like thin oatmeal, though. I think the fragrance comes out better when it's thinner (and made with water instead of milk).
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.