[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people love pizza so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: pizza.png (156 KB, 660x1010) Image search: [Google]
pizza.png
156 KB, 660x1010
Why do people love pizza so much?
>>
It's one of the most versatile foods out there, who doesn't love at least one kind of pizza?

Vegans don't count, of course.
>>
>>7492334

Vegans will make vegan pizza and then go on and on about how it's more delicious than real pizza.
>>
Someone please post that vegan pizza that looked like it had melted plastic on top.
>>
>>7492334
This, its like saying "Why do people like sandwiches so much?"
>>
Whats with all the facebook images on ck recently.

Also whats not to love, warm bread with sweet sauces and meat vegetable toppings
>>
>>7492458
I'd top my sausage on her warm bread with sweet sauces
>>
>>7492484
Holy shit im crying, take me with you to the top good sir
>>
>>7492274
Because everyone is addicted to fat, carbs, and salt.
>>
>>7492458
>Whats with all the facebook images on ck recently.

Welcome to neo-4chan...
>>
>>7492343
even as they weep secret tears of horror.
>>
>>7492274
Americans have been eating more and more cheese over the last four decades. On average we consume four times as much as we did during the 1970's.

So in a nation where cheese consumption has massively increased during our lifetimes it would make sense that pizza, a meal of bread and cheese, would be a popular dish. There are other factors, of course. Like the fact that in much of the country it's one of the few items you can have delivered to your door. That makes it perfect for get-togethers and family meals on a night when no one feels like cooking.

Also pizza has somehow managed to dodge the spotlight of health consciousness. Health conscious people are aware of the fat, salt and overall calories of most fast food. But they're less likely to be aware that one slice of a pizza with a few meat toppings can be over 300 calories, with 16g of fat and over 1000mg of sodium. People who shy away from fast food will still eat pizza because somehow it's in a different category (though it really isn't).
>>
>>7492568
A thing about pizza is that there is an established and easy to access system of getting it brought to a location in large amounts. Because of this convenience it is often the default for gatherings and events. For this reason I bet that it becomes thought of as the generic food disk and isn't considered in lots of detail.
>>
>>7492423
My housemate buys vegan cheese slices and they look disgusting. They start curling at the corners after a couple of days and puts me off every time I open the fridge
>>
>>7492762
Vegan Bullshit food is just as bad as over processed food
>>
>>7492274
Because memes. Pizza is the original meme food, and people outside of 4chains love memes.
>>
>>7492674
Absolutely. I live in a building with over 60 units, and we have an annual get together to do gardening and light maintenance on the property - the kind of easy shit there's no reason to hire contractors for. The afternoon always wraps up with a pizza and beer party. Some of my neighbors are health nut types who never eat fast food, but they have no problem putting away a few slices of mushroom pizza.
>>
It's easy to make, easy to purchase, and easy to eat
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.