[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
University
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_0102.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0102.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
Who else /university/? My meal plan makes me want to kill myself and I need suggestions. Cheaper the better.
>Pic related
>Made my own hummous at least
>>
Well, it's cheaper to make your own pitta and chicken. It's easy to cook chicken anyway, why buy breaded?
>>
Lecso

>whatever fucking meat you got, i use polish kielbasa
>few onions
>zucchini/eggplant
>few bell peppers
>tomatoes either raw chopped or a can of them peeled
cook in that order wait for the previously added ingredient to start to get soft.

add some rice.

poverty-tier price range.
cook a massive pot of it, you have food for a week.

and it tastes mint.
>>
>>7490615

>meal plan

How much are you paying for the mandatory pleasure of eating shit?
>>
>>7490651
This sounds unreal. Sold
>>
>>7490657
Too much.
>>
>>7490615
Do u have an oven? Crockpot?
>>
>>7490615
unfotunately mcdonalds is cheap. Buy rice in bulk for poverty life it's pretty versataille. Eat less cheese. Thin slices of fried spam over rice is god tier comfort food. Make chili and thick soups. Eat chicken and use the bones for stock. Chili mac is pretty good when you're broke af. LEARN HOW TO COOK VEGETABLES, do not crutch like the average douche and be retarted with meat. Pork chops onions and bellpeppers tastes great. Get a crockpot because it's cheap and you can make so much different shit. Do not ever let your roomates use your knife, pans, or cutting board.
>>
File: wegetariańskie leczo warzywne.jpg (176 KB, 869x800) Image search: [Google]
wegetariańskie leczo warzywne.jpg
176 KB, 869x800
>>7490662
Mine looks roughly like pic related, i think i chop my veggies into smaller pieces.
And I really avoid overcooking shit, I'd rather undercook than get mushy garbage.

And of course mine has sausage in it.

Put as much rice on the plate, drop a few scoops on the lecso on it.

From my experience - will feed a factory worker after a 12h shift.
>>
>>7490683
>Do not ever let your roomates use your knife, pans, or cutting board

Oh god. I thought he was sane. I thought he was reasonable. But no right-minded person values kindly shared kitchen wares that lowly. He's a blockhead so there's no explaining or bargaining without him getting unreasonable, so I'm stuck for now. Two more months.
>>
>>7490687
no, yours looks good
>>
>>7490718
It's pretty bad hen your roomate puts his shitty frozen pizza on you're cutting board and tries to cook it.
>>
>>7490615
Gladiator diet is what you need: beans and oats as your base. Build from that according to your budget.
>>
>>7490667
Both. Chili is one of my staples.
>>
Mine put the polystyrene disk in the oven recently. Plastic or wood? I'm not even sure which would be worse. Mess from plastic, expense of wood.
>>
>>7490718
>>7490683
We have shared cutting boards and a set of knives that haven't been sharpened in 4 years
>>
>>7490775
I got a bamboo cutting board for 3$ from Dollarama, cheap as shit and still works great
>>
>>7490683
McDonalds is expensive as fuck dude
>>
>>7490615
>big pot
>1 tbsp butter, melt in pan
>1 tbsp flour
>mix it well
>add 1cup of milk
>stir and cook, turn down heat immediatly when it thickens
>add cheese. like a lot of cheese. let it melt
>add uncooked noodles, maybe 10oz*
>cover the mess with chicken stock (or water and add instant chicken stock if you are lazy)
>onion/garlic powder if you like, pepper
>stir!
>put it in the oven at 350F for exactly 22min
>enjoy

*you can also add other stuff. ThingsI've tried out canned tomatos, bacon & fresh onions & bread crumbs, zucchini & eggplant. you can't fuck it up tbqh senpai
>>
>>7490615
What budget are you working on? I bulk buy meats from butchers, and freeze them, then get a weekly Ocado van.
>>
My biggest regret back in college was not moving out of the fucking dorm until my senior year. Westwood was a nice place to live and I didn't need to limit myself to fucking cafeteria food.
>>
>>7490769
Smart move, anon. Best tip I can give you as another unianon is pulled pork. Watch prices, buy a shoulder/butt when on sale at your local store.
I just bought a 6 lb bone-in Boston butt for $2/ lb. After moisture loss and bone weight, got probably 4 lbs of slow roasted pork for 2.50 a pound. Freeze most of it, and use it whatever you would have made anyways.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.