[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>small ass wrinkly green bell peppers on sale >$1.29 each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
>small ass wrinkly green bell peppers on sale
>$1.29 each
>red bell pepper
>$3.19/each

Fuck this, how is this better than just eating taco bell? It isn't, is it.
>>
>>7489502
Bell peppers are rather expensive since they take a while to mature and bear a fully grown pepper. There are other cheaper mild peppers you can take advantage of or if you have some land grow your own. 5 bell pepper plants would probably do it for one person for a near steady supply (depending on how often you use them)
>>
>>7489502
>over a dollar for a single bell pepper
damn, where do you live
>>
>>7489520
I was wondering why it's so expensive. Two peppers costs as much as dinner at taco bell and they won't even make me full plus I'd have to buy other stuff to cook them with
>>
>>7489520
man I can't wait until summer when my garden is overflowing with tomatoes and peppers
>>
File: 1454225586930.jpg (26 KB, 293x371) Image search: [Google]
1454225586930.jpg
26 KB, 293x371
>slice open a bell pepper
>another baby pepper is growing inside it
>>
>>7489561
>not being pro pepper choice
>>
Because it's winter you dumb fuck
>>
>>7489598
but today is spring tho senpai
>>
>>7489609
It's still going to be a while until summer produce is cheap and plentiful. I'm looking forward to watermelon and grapes at low prices. Also picking blackberries nearby.
>>
>>7489502
bell peppers suck anyway
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102 KB, 1280x720
>>7489635
no u
>>
>>7489502
Part of home cooking is shopping, and if you're on a budget it makes sense to buy what's in season. Produce that has to be trucked in from far away will always cost more than what's in season nearby. If bell peppers are expensive where you live right now make something that doesn't require them. Buy some fucking cabbage instead.
>>
>>7489502
Fuck off frog poster
>>
>>7489635

>not making based black bean salad, sausage & pepper sandwiches, or fried confetti corn

I genuinely feel sorry for you
>>
>>7489539
Then get taco bell you stupid fat American
>>
>>7489502
>buying bell peppers for mexican food
HA!
also lrn2shop
>>
>>7489539
Growing up is hard, isn't it?
>>
>>7489635
>>7489645
They are not shit, but sweet or mild chili peppers are superior for everything except maybe tomato sauce.
>>
>>7489530
Not op but Califailnia, it's ridiculous. Nobody buys them because there are so expensive, so they just sit on the shelf until they go bad enough to throw out.
>>
>>7489598
>Because it's winter you dumb fuck
They have been expensive for awhile here on the west cost.
>>
>>7490626
>peppers well over a dollar a piece when not on special
>since they cost so much nobody buys them and we throw most of them away
>manager keeps slightly raising price because we have to throw so much away we're losing money
>the reason we throw them away in the first place is because they cost too much

my manager is an idiot cuck. I try to explain that by lowering the price of staple things to a reasonable amount people would buy it and we wouldn't have so much waste, therefore making more money. his response is always "durrrr no I gotta go up on the price because we took such a loss on the last (overpriced) case
>>
They are so expensive because Cali had a drought this year
>>
File: how-i-sleep.png (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
how-i-sleep.png
63 KB, 800x600
>>7489502
>>$3.19/each
mfw in slavlands it's ~4.50 USD for a bag of 5kg in the summer and ~12 USD in the winter

I've always wondered why are vegetables so expensive in the US.
It's not like you guys suffer from lack of soil to grow it?
Hell you got probably the best fucking climate and conditions to grow food on this planet.
>>
>>7490671
Probably because our produce gets shipped a long distance. Half the stuff comes from Mexico, the other half from California or Florida. I know where I live the only thing that grows is rice and pecans. There isn't any local produce to speak of, I'm sure it's like that for much of the rest of the country. Right now we have plums and peaches coming from the opposite hemisphere in South America.
>>
>>7490671
govt subsidies for corn, so thats what we grow
>>
>>7490686
that sucks.

here the EU subsidies literally fucking everything, even fucking snails which we export en-masse to those surrender monkeys because noone eats them here.

>>7490682
>the other half from California or Florida.
you do forget how large US is. Still, I sometimes imported stuff (wine from portuhuehue as an example) and the price difference between this and stuff made somewhere closer, like the balkans isn't that terrible
>>
>>7490686
this too. Corn is subsidized so over here it finds a way to sneak into nearly everything. Things sweetened with actual sugar have actually become somewhat uncommon
>>
>>7490663
>Just this year.
>>
>>7490659
dude needs to be fired, any manager would drop the price to move that shit out the door because even if you sell it at a loss, at least you're recovering some of your investment.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.