[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a 12 inch stainless pan. Anyone have this pan or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: ss.jpg (9 KB, 522x522) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
9 KB, 522x522
Looking for a 12 inch stainless pan. Anyone have this pan or used calphalon before?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003L11MIY?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_3&smid=A2VQ3MKZ96G2VT
>>
>cooking inside
>not being a cro magnon
>>
File: ANDWELIKEDIT.jpg (6 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
ANDWELIKEDIT.jpg
6 KB, 299x168
>>7488487
I'll have you know I carved my own pan with a hammer and chisel out of a piece of wood. AND I LIKED IT.
>>
>>7488486
>Sold by Amish Country Emporium
>>
>>7488486

Got a calphalon set as a wedding gift. I love them.
>>
>>7488486
Price range?
>>
I sell mine
>>
>>7488536
would like to spend under 100.
>>
>>7488751
also would like to add I have an all-clad 14 inch but it's too impractically big. so unless I'm cooking something huge, or a pasta sauce, I don't use it.
>>
bumping for recommendations or confirmation that this pan isn't a hunk of shit.
>>
>>7489076

Are the 778 reviews on amazon not good enough for you?
>>
>>7489084
As an American, this kind of thing concerns me. Others have mentioned that it was made in China. Who knows what corners were cut? Not to mention the lost jobs.

Op I would recommend you get a good old fashion cast iron pan, like your grandmother used. Made in USA right here where I can see it! And if you learn to use it it's more nonstick than that newfangled teflon stuff that all the feminist tumblrinas and their smart phones have to use because they never learned to season.

Or learn to speak Chinese and buy these crap pans that turn all the colors of the gay rainbow flag. Just don't come crying to me when you wake up one day and it's not even the same country anymore.

Trump 2016!
>>
>>7489097

That reviewer is a moron. The colors she's talking about appear on stainless in general. My all-clad pans (very expensive, made in USA) do the exact same thing.

This is what happens when you let morons write reviews.
>>
>>7489132
>very expensive, made in USA
That doesn't rule out the obvious: that they were made in a factory that employs minority laborers as a concession to militant social justice warriors.

There is a reason your grandpa used cast iron. Say no to these newfangled gay rainbow pans.
>>
>>7489139
>That doesn't rule out the obvious: that they were made in a factory that employs minority laborers as a concession to militant social justice warriors.

Fair enough, my point was simply that the "color" thing is perfectly normal (even for a Rah Rah Go Trump Made in the USA Patriot Pan!), and the reviewer is a moron for mentioning it.

Yeah, cast iron is great. I own several CI pans. But you know: different tools for different jobs.
>>
>>7489144
>rainbows are perfectly normal
They weren't 20 years ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c6HsiixFS8
>>
>>7489155

I stopped watching after just a few seconds. If that moron thinks that you need an apostrophe to make a world plural then I'm not listening to anything it says.
>rainbow's

tard detected.
>>
>>7488486
That handle will probably come loose after a while, it looks a bit flimsy.
>>
Just get a Mineral B pan.
>>
>>7489084
All of the Calphalon products are combined in the review section. All of the different types of pans, pots, etc. Smart ass.

>>7489097
Also this is normal. bar keepers friend will take care of that in 5 minutes.

>>7489097
>Op I would recommend you get a good old fashion cast iron pan

I have a cast iron. I want a stainless for different things.
>>
>>7489097
>rinse pan out once a week with bar keepers friend
>no discoloration

wow
>>
>>7488486
This is what you want OP

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/viking-3-ply-stainless-steel-10-inch-fry-pan/1045725227?skuId=45725227&mcid=PS_googlepla_nonbrand_cookware_&adpos=1o5&creative=43742634349&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=Cj0KEQjwlLm3BRDjnML3h9ic_vkBEiQABa5oear1ewPn8h01QmEZk0aMTa1YSwysvqQHb7n7HID5oZQaAs4k8P8HAQ

three ply pans combine the conductivity of aluminum and the ease of care and heat retention of stainless steel. The only better you can do is copper pans but those are definitely out of your price range
>>
>>7490118
looks heavy.
>>
File: IMG_1332.jpg (636 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1332.jpg
636 KB, 2048x1536
>>7488486
*moonwalks into the chatroom, and spins around like michael jackson* Hold up bud, I'm here to stop you from making a horrible mistake. Real cooks like me use cast iron pans, as they are the best. You never need to use pam when you cook in them. And they are THE BEST way to make pizzas, bread, stew, tomato sauce, cookies, pancakes, macaroni and cheese. Don't buy into the Aluminum consortium, cook like my grampy did. My pans have been handed down from generation to generation since the fucking colonial era, so if it's good enough for making scrapple, it's good enough for me. The best part is they're non stick naturally. When the bottom is caked in meat, all you have to do is scrub them with a brush and run them under water. Pic related, it's my current tool of the trade. Well, I gotta go, need to go make some fudge, and ol' reliable needs to be taken out of the stables. *puts on porkpie hat, and instant transmissions out of here*
>>
>>7490137
cast iron is heavier
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.