[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is in Otter Pops that makes you have to cough while eating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: otterpops.jpg (329 KB, 1600x1195) Image search: [Google]
otterpops.jpg
329 KB, 1600x1195
What is in Otter Pops that makes you have to cough while eating them? (Especially the blue ones).
>>
>>7486851
artificial food coloring
>>
You forgot to freeze them.
>>
plastic that's leeched into the liquid during the packaging and pasteurizing process.
>>
>>7486860

so blue coloring makes us have to cough?
>>
>eat avocados or bananas
>mouth gets tingly

FOR WHAT REASON
>>
>>7487105
Mildly allergic.
I get this with watermelon and tuna.
>>
>>7487108

huh. it's kind of a neat sensation, I'm sure there are a couple other food that do this too me as well.
>>
>>7487108

Tingly watermelon sounds amazing.
>>
what a retarded name. they are called freezies.
>>
>>7486851
Sugar. Too much sugar in food can make your throat burn, most people don't notice it because they're used to it. Once I mentioned it to a few people, and afterwards they noticed the burning sensation.

Sugar can cure food like salt, so it probably irritates your throat in a way that too much salt would.
>>
stick them up your butt hole to eat them and you won't cough and y[oull get a bigger buzz from them ok
>>
It must be the flavoring oil being too acidic. I know what you mean, they all kind of burn a bit but the blue, pink and clear (best flavor) do it the most. I'm really surprised that they feed that shit to kids.
>>
>>7486851
Youre not supposed to deepthroat the icepops, anon.
>>
>>7487543

only the black ones.
>>
>>7487258
Pretty sure its super dupers.
>>
>>7488567
Don't you mean Zooper Dooper?
>>
>>7486851
Why do bananas make my throat itchy?
>>
They're cold and it irritates your throat. It's like brain freeze but you're fucking with your trachea.

Anyone who explains it using some shit about food chemicals is retarded and should shut the fuck up.

I'm in general medicine and I work with biochemists. You're introducing a reaction of hypothermia to an isolated portion of your body and it has no idea how to react.
>>
>>7488582
>Anyone who explains it using some shit about food chemicals is retarded and should shut the fuck up.
>I'm in general medicine and I work with biochemists.
Is sugar a food chemical? Because it's the sugar.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.