[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do women seem to be obsessed with chocolate? I mean, it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 14
Why do women seem to be obsessed with chocolate?

I mean, it's good but it's not like semi-orgasmic or anything to eat.

>tl;dr why are women crazed chocoloholics?
>>
>>7486578
Science anon. You eat chocolate you get a rush of endorphins in your brain. For men this happens only for the first bite but for women it happens for every bite. Women were programmed to respond well to chocolate.
>>
>>7486677
Is there a subtle sex joke hidden here?
>>
>>7486578
Apparently something to do with low blood sugar, stress or changing hormonal levels prior to a woman's menstrual cycle.

Or Some researchers claim that chocolate cravings in menstruating women may be a cultural phenomenon. Studies have shown that American women are more likely to crave chocolate than women of other nationalities, perhaps because they're concerned about the high levels of sugar and fat in chocolate and therefore consider it an indulgence. Some experts believe that chocolate cravings in menstruating women may be largely psychological, since they feel that premenstrual symptoms give them a socially acceptable reason to eat chocolate, a high fat food.
>>
>>7486578
I'm a grill and don't care for chocolate much.
>>
>>7486699

but why do you think so many women are making a big deal of chocolate?
>>
I love chocolate because it tastes good like that's my only logic
>>
>>7486716
I'm not a grill and i fucking love chocolate
>>
>>7486578
I can't control it, I must have chocolate when I see it. Not my fault, it is primal instinct.
So smooth and rich and delicious. Without chocolate there is no point to life.
>>
>>7486716
It's a cultural meme propagated the the years by tv and movies.
>>
>>7486578
as a grill, the week before my period, I get these intense, undeniable chocolate cravings every month without fail.

during the other weeks of the month I like chocolate, it's good and all, but about 5-6 days before my period starts, I get this extreme craving for rich rich dark chocolate and I just can't not have it, I dunno why. cake, ice cream, cookies, brownies. usually after I quell the cravings with a serving or two they go away.
>>
>>7486764
This exactly. GIRLS LIKE CHOCOLATE, MEN LIKE STEAK! CONSUME AND OBEY
>>
I'm a girl. I have a vig carving of it during my period. It also relieves my pain
>>
File: nancy_just_say_no1[1].jpg (23 KB, 287x432) Image search: [Google]
nancy_just_say_no1[1].jpg
23 KB, 287x432
C'mon grills, get a grip!

Don't be a slave to the brown belgian beast
>>
>>7486578
Like everything, they pretend to like it. They think eating it makes them seem "naughty" and therefore more desirable to men.
>>
Obsession with any given food is culturally indoctrinated.

Here in the west, women are abnormally obsessed with chocolate.
In Spain, women are instead abnormally obsessed with cream puffs.
>>
I get my chocolate fix with sugar free hot chocolate. women should do the same. Most fat a woman eats turns into body-fat.
>>
>>7487003
>Most fat a woman eats turns into body-fat
>So they should opt for a sugar free solution
>>
>>7486770
I love chocolate, but before my period I get the intense desire to bite into flesh.
>>
>>7486982
>Obsession with any given food is culturally indoctrinated.

This. Women are told by society that they love chocolate, so they do. It's like how men are obsessed with beer: because they're told it's a manly thing, they assume they must love it. Since most people are stupid, they tend to believe whatever TV commercials tell them.
>>
>>7486771

>MEN LIKE STEAK

holy shit, American here, this fucking meme

>BARBECUE IS MANLY, RIBS ARE GOOD, EAT BURGERS AND STEAK UNTIL YOU DIE

>BEER AND BURGERS AND STEAK MMMMM THAT'S WHAT A MAN NEEDS

This is something I really hate about my country
>>
>>7486578
>semi orgasmic
How frustrating!!!

I'd rather have orgasmic sex than eat semi orgasmic chocolate any day.
>>
>>7487181
But beer actually tastes good and it gives a nice buzz
>>
File: 1377747519550.png (185 KB, 700x429) Image search: [Google]
1377747519550.png
185 KB, 700x429
Because girls are romantic and nostalgic and shit in general and chocolate is either seen as a luxury thing/guilty pleasure or reminds them of childhood

>pic unrelated
>>
>>7487218
Why do I feel like this was written by a woman old enough to be a mother?
>>
>>7487205
There are plenty of reasons to hate america, beer steak and barbecue are definitely not any of them.
>>
>>7487421
Oh, put a sock in it. I can get jiggy with the best of them.
>>
b/c it looks like brown doo doo and all girls luve to eat poop secretley so they eat alot of choclate and pretend it's big old delicouse turds cause girls are discusting and love to eat poop ok
>>
>>7487450
LOL OMFG! I wish I was in your class, you sound like you'd make school so funny!
>>
>>7487450
reminder that any community that acts retarded for fun will inevitably attract genuine retards who aren't in on the great big meme

>you're the latter
>>
>>7486764
>>7486771
Came here to post this

>>7486785
Perfect example right here. You're just eating to distract yourself. Any food would make you feel the same as chocolate, you just happen to like sweets.

What relieves pain is loading up on NSAIDS or anti-inflammatory herb extracts days before your period in order to prevent the build-up of the prostaglandins that cause your body to send pain signals to your brain.
>>
Makeup is often sold in the guise of desserts and sweets.
>>
Because women are a hivemind controlled by media.
>>
>>7486578
1. Chocolate releases endorphins that lead to an emotional state. Girls live for emotional changes.

2. Marketing
>>
>>7487218
This is such a cute post
>>
>>7487205
Don't forget
>VEGETABLES ARE FOR WOMEN AND QUEERS
>>
Because chocolate is dark looking and we all know all girls (especially white girl) crave for the big black penis even if the years say no that they don't care about penis size.

The chocolate obsession proves the theory.
>>
>>7486699
Same, I like it once in a while but don't crave it. My female friends are the same.

>>7486764
This. Women who fall for it are the most easily influenced and shallow ones
>>
>>7487544
wtf I own the chocolate one with berries on top but it came in a completely different set that was really ugly. What bullshit is this?
And makeup is rarely sold like this, it's only really novelty crap.
>>
>>7486578
It relieves period pain
>>
>>7487927
heres a (jew)
>>
Woman here. I have it down to two main reasons.

The first being similar to the sensation of craving sugar when you're tired. Periods cause tiredness due to a myriad of extraneous things that aren't directly caused by menstruating itself, like mood swings, being unable to get a good nights rest due to discomfort, etc. We crave energy, and a sugar rush is a quick fix.

The second is that chocolate is an indulgence, so allowing yourself a treat when you're not feeling 100% makes you feel entitled to indulge.

These are my theories based on past experiences, even though I don't really have a sweet tooth and rarely crave chocolate at all, even on my period. I think there is an element of it that is cultural shorthand for comfort, so when a friend is on her period, it's nice to offer some chocolate or an aspirin or whatever.
>>
>>7488434
To add about the tiredness thing - our endocrine systems are also working tirelessly during this time which would explain some of the physical exhaustion - which I guess you could say is tiredness directly caused by menstruation.
>>
>>7487205
This is a thing in other countries as well. Although there's nothing wrong with the occasional BBQ.

It does piss me off that when you grill up some vegetables as well you'll have at least one guy go HUEHUEHUEHE FAG
>>
>>7486578
Female - I love chocolate but I don't know if you could say I have "cravings" around any schedule or events.

I think that the chocolate = happy concept is a myth based on the fact that women don't run out buying the darkest chocolate they can find for the supposed "endorphin rush". Rather, any women that do care for chocolate tend to gravitate towards the sweeter stuff, even if not milk chocolate.

If it was really for endorphins and not taste then women should be buying unsweetened chocolate in droves simply for the brain chemical response.

I like it because it tastes good. I also like ice cream. I'm fat.
>>
>>7486745
How many GRILLS are able to respond to this...
>>
I care not for chocolate; it's garbage tier. My husband loves it like a female though, weird.
>>
>>7488500
Do you have a strapon for your husband?
>>
File: 1352610975798135[1].png (661 KB, 460x640) Image search: [Google]
1352610975798135[1].png
661 KB, 460x640
Those damn crazy birds and their chocolate...
>>
Chocolate is so overrated
>>
>>7486578
No idea why, but I fucking love bakers chocolate OP. it doesn't make me moist or anything but I am noticeably happier when indulging in it. 100% coacoa or go home.
>>
>>7486770
With me, I just crave salty food like chips before my menstrual.
>>
File: Michael_Caine_1.jpg (30 KB, 350x347) Image search: [Google]
Michael_Caine_1.jpg
30 KB, 350x347
>Indulging

There's that word.
You use like it's a positive, like it's earned by right.
You all make me sick with your weakness and illusory self-righteousness.
>>
>>7486578

Because of Johnny Depp
>>
>>7488579
I only have ever seen the last image from that, I always wondered what was so special about a banana in chocolate.
>>
>>7487403
Right, but chocolate tastes nice too. Lots of stuff tastes nice but it's advertisers that push the notion that all men love beer and all women love chocolate over anything else in life.
>>
What would u cook with a girl? smthing to impress '':D''
Main and dessert?
>>
>>7490707
Chocolate and more chocolate.
>>
>>7486699
oh GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

PLZ PLZ BE MY GF PLEASE RESPOND I'LL BUY YOU MORE CHOCOLATE THAN YOU CAN EAT
>>
>>7486699

LONDON
>>
>>7486770
>I get this extreme craving for rich rich dark chocolate
you like your chocolate like you like your dick innit
>>
Its a meme
>>
I feel like 2 sentences doesn't require a tl;dr
>>
Not a girl, but I have a serious weakness for chocolate. I'll eat anything chocolate anytime. I can't get enough.
>>
Men tend to gravitate towards the extremes (extreme bitterness, or extreme sweetness) while women tend to prefer middle areas (milk chocolate for example).
Women rate moderately sweet items as sweeter than men do, but men prefer highly bitter things (beer, dark chocolate, black coffee) or highly sweet things.

It's also speculated that because women experience more mood swings than men do (especially around the menstrual cycle) they seek comfort foods in the downswings to balance out the mood - so food high in carbs, sugar, and fat.
>>
I'm a grill and I prefer dark chocolate over milk chocolate.
>>
Am I the only female that doesn't get more bitchy or have 'cravings' when it's that time of the month? I've yet to encounter another and I honestly think it's used as an excuse to be more of a bitch and to eat what ever they want.

Same when I was pregnant, no sickness bullshit, no mood swings, no "I can't work waaaa". I just don't get it.
>>
>>7492268
I dont get bitchy or have cravings but I would always bloat pretty bad and about 5 days before my period would start I would get an awful headache. ( I Had an ablation 6 years ago so I don't deal with this issue anymore.) Occasionally, I would get quite emotional and would cry over stupid commercials and shit like that but, never bitchy or intense craving for anything.

I did have cravings when I was pregnant but it was for very salty stuff. Like soy sauce, I put it on everything. As soon as I had the baby the cravings went away for that.
>>
>>7492268
Every woman in my family has a history of painful periods and it wasn't any different for me. I do get bitchy but am generally a quiet and reserved person with insane amounts of self control so I keep that shit in check [spoiler]until I get home[/spoiler].

All my girl friends have normal periods though so I always felt like the odd one.
>>
>>7492283
>spoilers don't work
Forgot which board I was on.
>>
>>7490715
But she said she didn't care for it
>>
>>7487421
13 is old enough to be a mother and this is an 18+ site so......?
>>
>>7486764
am grill. seconding this. I like chocolate, but mostly dark and fairly often. I see all the basic bitches posting those crappy "tasty" pinterest tier recipes like "triple super rich chocolate fudge brownie topped with double chocolate oreos" and it makes me sick.

IT'S A GOD DAMN MEME
>>
You can enjoy a rich chocolaty drink without the fat and sugar. simply boil water with cocoa, and add to a cup containing aspartame, coffee-mate, and some vanilla extract. This can replace your morning cup of coffee as well.
>>
>>7486578
This chick sorta looks like Root from Person of Interest
>>
File: 1264093214817.jpg (27 KB, 343x344) Image search: [Google]
1264093214817.jpg
27 KB, 343x344
>>7492572
>"triple super rich chocolate fudge brownie topped with double chocolate oreos"

yuck!
>>
>>7486578
Because the media says so, like how only women eat yogurt
>>
I'm not a big sweets guy but there's something about chocolate chip cookies. I'll eat myself into a coma with those.

Even the shitty chips ahoy cookies.

I can see the appeal of chocolate but I'd rather have it mixed in with something. Like in a cookie or brownies.

Also chocolate ice cream is GOAT.
>>
women just like eating junk food I don't think it matters what it is
>>
>>7486770
that's possibly due to the lack of magnesium in your body
>>
>>7492268
Nope, I feel a lot sleepier and mellower than usual when I'm menstruating.
>>
>>7486578
10% chocolate gives you a slight stress release/pleasure boost that's chaste and proper for the ladies

90% maymay
>>
>>7492268
all I feel is pain on the first day. no emotional symptoms. I figure I'm defective.
>>
>>7486771
But I do like steak.
>>
>>7494221

NO! EATING STEAK IS THE SAME AS EATING PATRIARCHY!!
SHOW SOLIDARITY WITH THE REST OF US WOMYN AND EAT YOUR SALAD!! [spoiler] while laughing[/spoiler]
>>
>>7486578
fuck this thread really makes we want chocolate
i dont know why but i fucking love CHOCOLATE
>>
I sometimes pop a boner after eating chocolate. Does /ck/ have an explanation for this?
>>
Better question:
Why does anyone eat chocolate with less than 70% or more than 80% cocoa by mass?
>>
>>7495094
You're a chocosexual deviant, clearly vanilla doesn't do it for you anymore.
>>
Meme food for a meme gender
>>
>>7486578
>Why do women seem to be obsessed with chocolate?

Marketing. The same reason we think that diamonds are a long standing marriage related tradition.

It's amazing how much of our culture is actually just memes (using the actual definition) propagated by marketers.
>>
File: 1304376955947.png (457 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1304376955947.png
457 KB, 600x450
>>7486975
I-is that why anon? I had no idea I pound back several chocolate bars on my period to look extra alluring to male partners.
>>
>>7486975
This. The only thing women like is attention and they secretly pretend to like things like chocolate to look nauty or kale to look healthy.
>>
Am I the only one who craves a nice bowl of spaghetti after eating chocolate?
>>
>>7486699
Yeah, most chocolate melts when you put it on the grill. You could experiment with tin foil though and tell us your results.
>>
>>7487169
This, there's nothing that compares to ripping your teeth into a blue rare steak when you have low iron levels.
>>
>>7497809
Please be my gf, I'll buy you steak every day

PLEASE
>>
>>7497812
ok, but you'll need to buy an extra steak for my bull on Friday and Saturday nights, and my son only eats sausage.
>>
>>7497816
Only if your son's half black
>>
>>7496788
No, he's an evo psych retard making making claims he he can't substantiate to justify his existing world view.
>>
>>7496803
lol wut
>>
>>7486975
So men also eat meat and drink strong alcoholic drinks because it makes them seem "tough" and therefore more desirable for women?
>>
>>7486578
It is just a marketing meme.
>>
>>7498131

I am probably one of the "manliest" men on this board.

>balding
>own business
>although I command up to 50 workers I am naturally /fit/ due to my business
>stronger than muscly gym goers with an extra 20 lbs on me
>can swing pick Axe all day long
>work a lot with power tools
>6 pack a day is a regular deal
>fix my own shit
>grill king
>fry king
>bread king
>love meat
>love salted meat
>wield a 24" cutlass half the time
>heavy work boots or barefoot
>single cab beat to shit truck
>own 2 x 21 ton dump trucks
>sail better than black beard
>private life is a salty life
>make money from private life often

I love pretty flowers, looking after the kids and my favorite pizzas are delicate and meatless
>>
>>7498413
All I hear is that you love salty meat like the big faggot queen you are.
>>
>>7486686
He's just saying it's semi-orgasmic for women. Oranges, apparently, do the same thing for men.
>>
File: 1300816872557.png (364 KB, 506x358) Image search: [Google]
1300816872557.png
364 KB, 506x358
>>7498446
>Oranges, apparently, do the same thing for men

Is that why I start to sweat when I'm eating an orange?
>>
>>7486699
L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>7498413
can we hang out sometime or what
>>
File: 20120218163707.jpg (173 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
20120218163707.jpg
173 KB, 800x450
>2012+4
>not training women to do things for chocolate
yeah just kill yourself kiddo
>>
File: 1452625214808.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1452625214808.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>7499904
...in case anyanon wanted the kawaii anime girls webm
>>
Marketing. Women are the target of 90% of advertisements.
>>
>>7487169
Mfw my gf can eat entre servings of rare meat. I can't even eat half a steak, but I do love chocolates a ton. I am starting to think I am the girl.
>>
File: 1442719730001.png (33 KB, 101x83) Image search: [Google]
1442719730001.png
33 KB, 101x83
-they like to appear as if they are innocent
-they have an unhealthy relationship with food / their weight
-they want attention
-it's memetastic

Basically men love the taste of chocolate as well, but we're not vacuous to the extent where it's a talking point about us. Imagine saying "yeah I loooooooove chocolate" on a date with a girl. It's just ridiculous.

Basically women are whores and don't have to prove they are intelligent or interesting to get laid. They can just say "omg I love X" and that substitutes for conversation.
>>
>>7499967
Sometimes I can't help wanting to talk about chocolate when I'm really in the mood for it, it's like how you fags see a picture of feet or some fat ass and talk about how much you wanna lick them
>>
>>7498480
Naw, that's brain cancer.
>>
>>7499955
Show us your boipussy.
>>
>>7500010
It's called a mangina, and can't be shown on a blue board.
>>
File: 1446773343950.png (646 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1446773343950.png
646 KB, 800x900
>>7486578
>eating the brown jew
>>
>>7486578
For the same reason manly men such as myself will never stop eating bacon
Thread replies: 120
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.