[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is there any reason why rich hipsters view Mcdonalds with such
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: kwf55Rl.png (606 KB, 720x431) Image search: [Google]
kwf55Rl.png
606 KB, 720x431
is there any reason why rich hipsters view Mcdonalds with such scorn? A lot of people make it out of big deal by recording themselves eating it like they are fucking doing a circus act. Its just cheap fast food that happens to be delicious, stop treating it like its some kind of commoner's novelty you entitled fucks.
>>
>>7486521
that's not a hipster, that's a culturally deprived high school kid who will come out of the closet during his senior year of college, surprising all his friends and family who just kind of assumed he didn't consider himself to be in the closet in the first place
>>
>>7486524
Im not just talking about the twink in my OP. Its a shared opinion held by people of the higher middle class and elite. They all have a pretty low opinion of burger joints like Mcdonalds and act like its a biohazard or something.
>>
>>7486550
That's because McDonald's is for the trash of society.
The absolute scum tier dregs eat there.
>>
>>7486559
Classism looks ridiculous from an outsiders perspective. I dk where you're from, but your ass would be kicked just the same mate.
>>
>>7486575
You're not outside the class system though. You're just outside the nice parts of it. Better luck in the next life.
>>
>>7486575
Rubbish.
The best thing about the UK is that we still (kind of) have a class system.
It gives people something to aspire to.
You only have to look at America (eg. Donald Trump, Kardashian-shits, nigger rappers etc.) to see that money can't buy class.
Call me smug but I've worked hard to attain the position I'm in now, I'll always look down upon the lazy, weak-willed and dishonest.
>>
>>7486521
Does this faggot has a channel?
>>
>>7486559
Food is food m8 and Mcdonalds is fucking delicious.
>>
>>7486550
>Its a shared opinion held by people of the higher middle class and elite.
The fact is that your social class has a lot to do with what you eat and where you eat it, and most restaurants are pretty finely dialed in to appeal to a specific class of person.

McDonald's used to be a middle class place. But as the middle class (especially the upper middle) became increasingly health conscious (stopped smoking and drinking quite so much) McD's became the symbol of the fast food they felt they shouldn't be eating. To keep sales up they introduced the Value Menu, which appealed to poorer customers. This pretty much assured the middle class would not return as customers, because they're not all that comfortable in a room full of lower class people. The same way a poor person would not be comfortable walking into a Cipriani restaurant.

That opened up the market for the rise of so called "fast casual" places, where the middle class (and higher) pay a premium to eat fast food that isn't called fast food. And once you're used to eating burgers from Shake Shack or Five Guys a burger from McDonald's does taste like shit by comparison.
>>
>>7486550
well it is pretty bad for you
>>
>>7486597

God Save The Queen.
>>
>>7486521
hypebeasts are now ruining food
>>
I love the ones who insist it doesn't taste good. come on fags you can bash it on health but you can't say it's not mcdelicious.
>>
>>7486644
I can say it isn't delicious, past the first bite, at least. The first bite is delicious. After that it's just sensory overload as you rush to finish it before it cools down. At room temperature it's fucking disgusting.
>>
File: kosherburger.png (458 KB, 543x726) Image search: [Google]
kosherburger.png
458 KB, 543x726
>>7486621
>a Cipriani restaurant.
/ck/ doesn't know what that is, whiteshoe-kun
>>
>>7486626
Everything is bad for you.
>>
>>7486681
except memes
>>
>>7486691
Have you had your dose of memes today?
>>
>>7486663
kek
>>
>delicious
>>
I hate everything :-/
>>
to me, mcdonalds is emergency road trip food

like i know it will be around when i am in dire straits

i dont go there out of choice
>>
>>7486843
It is good in its own way. like once every couple months ill get a quarter pounder with cheese and a large fry.

But that doesn't mean i don't usually make my own homemade food or enjoy upper class shit.

Sometimes you just want that unique taste that you dont get from anywhere else
>>
it's no different from any other fast food

it's just been under a huge smear campaign orchestrated probably by one of its competitors in the early 2000s and really hasn't recovered from it

if you go to taco bell, wendy's, burger king, chipotle, etc. there's literally NO reason why you're "too good" for mcD's.
>>
>>7486880
>that fat fuck who splits hairs between fast food shitfood and thinks everyone else does too
>>
>>7486521
>A lot of people make it out of big deal by recording themselves eating it like they are fucking doing a circus act.
That's just retard vloggers latching onto gimmicks in the hope of earning big on the youtube advertising gravy train
>>
>>7486521
Mcdonald's is and always will be food for the lowest common denominator. The trash of society only eats there. Do you ever see this kind of behavior at a REAL restaurant?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc-5zWX_49g
>>
>>7486907
Every year in Toronto there's some sort of murder at some sort of little quaint Italian restaurant with a patio, or some sort of stabbing at a Viet restaurant.

So...yeah you do.
>>
>>7486869
When I want McDonald's nothing else will do.

It's not the best burger, but it's what I want.

I also like cooking at home and going to nice restaurants.

This holier than thou smugness needs to end.
>>
>>7486913
Yeah, im sure your "Italian" and viet kong food places are real restaurants.
>>
>>7486521
These faggots don't even compare to the 3rd generation Chinks who think Panda Express and other American-Chinese chains are radioactive waste and that "authentic" Chink food is vastly superior
>>
>>7486621
The fact that you segue from McDonald's to five guys shows you know nothing of class
>>
>>7486915
>This holier than thou smugness needs to end.
I don't see that happening anytime soon. McDonald's invented modern fast food, and is still the biggest player in the industry by far. Everyone has an opinion about them, and the opinion that they are awful on a number of levels is a common one. Holding that opinion does not automatically make someone holier than thou.

There are people who are legitimately not into a big blast of the cheapest possible fat, salt and simple carbs, and consider selling this stuff to unsophisticated people borderline immoral. Especially in light of how heavily they market to children.
>>
>>7486940
What makes a restaurant "real" to you?
>>
>>7486953
>>
>>7486956
Tables and some wine?

So what makes restaurants in Toronto not real for you?
>>
>>7486945
To be fair most Chinese-American food was made up here - it is Chinese influenced, but the dishes themselves do not exist in China.
>>7486948
I know middle class college kids eat at Five Guys.
>>
I'd rather go to McDonalds than Subway at least
>>
Mcdonalds in Europe is actually pretty decent

most american food is trash because >muh corn subsidies
>>
>>7486521
>delicious
Maybe the apple pie and the fries, but if you mean any of their other items you should go get yourself a Columbian necktie.
>>
>>7486973
who the fuck goes to mcd just for the pie and fries
If your were my kid id beat the fuck out of you
>>
>>7486617
But Mcdicks isn't food...calling it food is like calling a bag of doritos or 7-11 taquitos food.
>>
>>7486970
Dunno, but McD's in the US puts me on the toilet within minutes, never really had that happen eating McD's overseas. Checking the ingredients, there's nothing there in the food I order that disagrees with me in other foods. I have a feeling the buns have some chemical rising agent that just goes ape nuts bananas when it hits my stomach acids and literally makes me take dumps.
>>
>>7486991
I don't go there at all. Sometimes if I'm passing a McDonald's at a food court and there's no line I'll get an apple pie if I'm in the mood for one.
>>
>>7486521
mcdonald's is popular and wealthy. talking about mcdonald's, especially in a negative way, can possibly bring you fame and money.

it's just like morgan spurlock. he went on and on about how terrible mcdonald's is, and i watched his movie out of curiosity. he went to mcdonald's and ordered the largest meal they had, ate until he felt sick and threw up, and used this as proof that mcdonald's is bad.

it's just people riding on the coattails of a wealthy corporation, or they're paranoid.
>>
>>7486866
Exactly. Subway is the same
>>
McDonalds has the best fries. Thats all.

At least Burger King has food that resembles the pictures on the menu.
>>
Srs
>>
>>7487022
Subway is almost the same. Its healthier but you're forced to go in.

Is there 1 single subway with a drive thru?
>>
>>7487032
>you're forced to go in
God forbid you get off of your ass, right?
>>
>>7486559
This

Their fries are still god tier, tho.
>>
>>7487179
Its a waste of time to eat in on a road trip.
>>
>>7487192
You can carry it back out. That's right, you don't have to start scarfing your food the moment you have it in your hands.

Try timing how long a drive thru takes next time you're at one, by the way. It's not very much faster than going inside.
>>
>>7487209
Fast food restaurants prioritize the drive thru, moron. If you go inside, its like telling the staff "take your time, we got all day."
>>
>>7486997
Food is food. Your feet are still feet, even though they're probably fat, and reeking of cheesy socks that have holes in them because your ingrown infected toenails are long and thick enough to penetrate your midget hotdog pooping ingrown toenail loving mother from a mile away. .
>>
Anyone see the new McDOnalds hiring ad in Japan?

http://www.mcdonalds.co.jp/recruit/crew_recruiting/hiring/

fucking based
>>
>>7487271
Except that's not how it works out. Don't just make things up. Compare for yourself.
>>
>>7487032
YES!

There is about 6 subways or so in my town (small so need alot of locations)

Most recent location got put up in a convenience store and has a DT ordering area.
>>
>>7487303
Yes, they dont serve tickets in the order they're placed except for mcdonalds.
>>
>>7487272
so random so funny
>>
>>7487303
When I worked at Burger King, there were two different order screens, one for drive thru orders, and one for front counter orders.

Only the fastest workers were allowed to work the drive thru side, and the retards and slackers worked the front line side.
>>
Its cheap and provides some nutrition. The macros are usually all out of whack but you can get a decent serving of protein from McDonalds for cheap.

Don't make a habit or eating it all the time you hambeast fuck. You feel like a burger? Okay buy the mince meat, the salad buns and sauce and make it yourself. Or don't because your lazy. I eat fast food maybe once a week and there is nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>7487032
I wanna see a drive thru pizza hut. Pizzas take at least 15 minutes to make though so there should be some activities for the driver. Maybe provide guns and targets to shoot while in the queue. Give the customer a puzzle but not too difficult we have short attention spans. Maybe even have a little booth next to you where you can watch TV
>>
>McDonald's thread
This surprises me, /ck/.
>>
File: 78466546514.jpg (152 KB, 1379x952) Image search: [Google]
78466546514.jpg
152 KB, 1379x952
>>7486550
>>7486550
because the middle and upper middle class don't want to walk into a fast food joint full of niggers. Their marketing targets them specifically as well.
>>
>>7487302
Trying to get weebs to join McDonalds I see
>>
If I'm in town and starving in the middle of the night a 24hr mcds is pretty handy
I wouldn't say it's delicious at all
that said, the bacon clubhouse was actually pretty great but when I went in the other day they just looked blank and said 'we don't do that anymore'
Is it a fucking bait and switch?
Why not make all the burgers as nice as those or just up the price to cover ingredients and have them on the menu permanently?
>>
>>7488919

There are like five up right now.
>>
I dont know at which country you live , but here (Germany) is mcdonalds really expensive. to get full you must pay 10-15 €.
>>
>>7486550
It literally makes me physically ill
>>
>>7489142
Me too. That sluggish, thirsty, bloated feeling is the reason I stopped eating fast food in general.
>>
File: 1437721899210s.jpg (3 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
1437721899210s.jpg
3 KB, 125x100
>>7486948
segue
>>
>>7488480
So passive so cool
>>
>>7489036

that's the case in most of the world. But on mcdonalds home turf in the USA there's several menu items that go for $1-3
>>
>>7486524
haha'd, lol'd, kek'd
>>
>>7486597
M8 our class system is probably the worst thing about this country still.
Plus it goes against your point - Working class people vary across the spectrum from council estate chav scum to people who are very houseproud and it shows.
Middle class vary from unflashy but comfortable to buying every piece of disgusting tackyness for your house in Surrey and private school children that you take to school each morning in the Audi Q7.
Upper Classes barely even get seen by 99% of the public, most of their money is in land and amenities and often have huge amounts of character when you get to actually meet them.
I was in the Army and met 2 Lt. Col who would come into this band.
>>
>>7489827
>Lt Colonel
>Upper class
Were you in a Cavalry Regiment?
>>
>>7489839
Medical. I realise it's the very fringe but she had that 'foot in the door' with the brigadiers.
>>
>>7489872
OJAR moments don't come cheap.
>>
>>7486521
>delicious
no
>>
>>7489897
too right. I know some blokes that had been in 20+ years that went LE donkeys ago. I have no idea why you'd want to desu unless of course there was push from lower rank promotions.
>>
>>7489935
I'll leave as a WO2, I'm happy with that.
Fuck going Late Entry.
>>
Your pathetic attempt at viral marketing is showing, 5 goys
>>
>>7489966
depends where you are now, reg, trade and future world developments. I agree though if I was approaching the decision now I wouldn't.
>>
>>7489977
What job are you in know?
I know loads of Ex- CMT's who are earning big money working in (the generally safe parts) of Iraq.
>>
>>7489998
I currently manage a warehouse. Weirdly I wasn't in long enough due to med discharge to get any sort of leaving 'interesting' job (I did just over 3 years) but civvies eat up your CDRILLS if you make 'effective' and overembelished use of experience on your CV. I know loads of people struggle with getting a civvy job but honestly it's piss easy if you go about it right.
>>
>>7487302
Japan has to bend their ass over backwards with this kind of thing as most japanese people don't do entry level positions and hop around to get better jobs, instead they remain at the company they work for.

this is changing but not super fast. so of course even the shitty places like mcdonalds have a completely different approach to hiring people.
>>
>>7487002
>I don't go there at all
>Except when I do
>>
File: your moms.jpg (195 KB, 640x384) Image search: [Google]
your moms.jpg
195 KB, 640x384
>>7486575
>Class
You mean your caste, poojat?
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.