[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is OJ good for you or bad for you?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 550x346) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 550x346
Is OJ good for you or bad for you?
>>
bad. sugar and citric acid is bad for you and terrible for your teeth.
>>
Well it saved Howard Hughes from death..
>>
>>7483784
It's a sometimes drink.
>>
>>7483784
Fruit juice is generally roughly equivalent to soda in terms of health factor. It's not something you shouldn't ever have, but you need to moderate.
>>
>>7483784
yes unless he's murdering you with a knife
>>
>>7483863
Damn it.
>>
>>7483852

From the raw sugar content, sure. But the juice also contains soluble fiber and a lot of nutrients (vitamins, minerals) which aren't found in cola.

>>but you need to moderate
So it's no different than any other food.
>>
>>7483871
This is what autism looks like, except you're probably just being purposely obtuse because you think it somehow makes you look smart.
>>
>>7483785
>>7483852
>>7483871
What about 100% juices?
>>
>>7483879
Nah he's right, you can't just talk sugar and omit the fact that it has decent vitamins not found in sodas
>>
>>7483879
Actually I am diagnosed with Asperger's.

What does that have to do with the factual accuracy of what I just wrote?
>>
>>7483910
>What about 100% juices?

No different, really. Fruit juice naturally has the same amount of sugar in it as the average cola.

Citric acid is only found in citrus juices, but it doesn't matter if they're from concentrate or "100 juice" or fresh squeezed--it's naturally occurring in the fruit. On the other hand I think it's silly to freak out about it. It's not going to hurt your teeth unless you're swishing the juice like mouthwash all day long.
>>
>>7483916
You can, because actual vitamin deficiency is extremely rare in parts of the world where the soda vs juice health debate is a legitimate issue.

The amount of fiber left in liquid juice isn't really enough to be worth noting either.

I'll admit that juice is marginally better, but for the purposes of most people they're roughly equivalent and should be treated the same way.
>>
Bad. Even 100% juice blends have way too much sugar and none of the fiber from the actual fruit to offset it, so what you're basically left with is a soft drink with some naturally occurring vitamins (some fruit juices are fortified because their nutritional benefits are so abysmal). Drink in moderation, or just stick to water.
>>
>>7483917
When people say moderation, they actually mean strict moderation. The moderation of which you speak is implied.
>>
What about putting an orange into a blender and drinking the pulp and all.
>>
File: withpulpnutfacts.jpg (60 KB, 403x735) Image search: [Google]
withpulpnutfacts.jpg
60 KB, 403x735
Just make your own.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.