[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Indians buy the biggest gas station in town, it has a pizza
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: Hot_Dog_Person.png (136 KB, 720x402) Image search: [Google]
Hot_Dog_Person.png
136 KB, 720x402
>Indians buy the biggest gas station in town, it has a pizza place, a Lee's chicken, and a Subway
>nearly double the price of the shitty cardboard pizzas
>replaces Lee's with some shit place called 'Red's' or something
>more expensive
>instead of a delicious biscuit get what is obviously the cheapest roll ever made
>chicken strips are tough, stringy, and dry
>potato wedges are even worse
>nearest Lee's is over an hour away

How the fuck do I get over this loss /ck/? I've been getting double dippers at Lee's twice a month for over five years now. The pizza was shit but I still enjoyed it. Now they cost more than Papa Johns.

Fuck, a few years ago Indians bought the Gas Station that had the Arby's and got rid of that.
Do you know what I have left? Subway, which could go the way of the dodo at any minute, and a fucking Dairy Queen.
>>
>flyover problems
>>
>>7483761
>How the fuck do I get over this loss /ck/?

Abandon shite gas-station food and start cooking for yourself. Make it your goal to learn to make the best pizza (or whatever) ever.
>>
>>7483765
Is Kentucky a flyover state?
Muh Bourbon Trail.
Muh Horse Races.
>>
>>7483761
>How the fuck do I get over this loss /ck/?
- live somewhere closer to civilization
- stop being the kind of person who buys their food from a gas station
>>
>>7483761
Sounds like the biggest gas station in town wasn't doing well financially.
>>
>>7483772
>muh irrelevancy

Yeah, you're flyover.
>>
>>7483786
There is usually a wait at the pumps and Subway and Lee's stayed pretty busy. I mean, I guess you can look busy but still not be making enough, but the previous owner was getting up there in years and probably wanted to retire.
I was chatting up the worker and apparently a lot of people are pissed.

>>7483778
It's not like this is Speedway hotdogs or anything, Lee's and Subway are both fast food chains. Hell, they even have drive throughs. Well... the pizza was gas station garbage food, I don't even know why I like it.

>>7483769
I do most of my own cooking, but sometimes I want to come home, put on my lazy fuck clothes, and watch Hulu while going into a fast food coma.
>>
>>7483772

>is kentucky a flyover state

Absolutely.
>>
>>7483799
W-w-we also have m-muh longest cave system in the world.
And muh Corvette Museum. And Muh Senate Majority Leader.
We totally aren't irrelevant, sometimes the Queen even visits.
>>
>>7483761
You're buying food in a gas station, you need to evaluate your life bro.
>>
>>7483765
>>7483799
Is the whole flyover thing a meme or are people genuinely asshurt that not everyone lives in their nigger infested cities?
>>
>>7484057
I'm sorry, I meant to say nigger infested shitholes.
>>
>>7484057
both
>>
>>7483844
Not from there but it's also a really pretty state tbqh, rust belt states in general have a lot of pretty scenery that no one gives a fuck about for some reason
>>
>>7484057
It's Mexican infected, culero.
>>
>>7484057
Basically, yeah.
>>
>>7483761
You're complaining about the food at the gas station. Think about that for a minute. You're not talking about a restaurant or a market that sells prepared food. You're talking about a decline in quality of the food at your fucking gas station. That's just sad.
>>
>>7484173
I mean if you live in an isolated area it could make sense one place to go for both gas and fast foods. Also I'm assuming it wasn't literally all the same building
>>
>>7484057

If you lived in the States you'd understand the cultural divide.

It's more subtle than just educated/cultured people vs country bumpkins, but that's pretty much still the easiest way to describe it.

Even Chicago, which is basically the capital of flyover land, is way behind on everything they do. Don't get me wrong, I love visiting Chicago and indulging in all the good shit they have out there, but it's like going to Disneyland and trying to just have a good time, when in the back of your mind you are constantly reminded you're in flyoverland and things could be better than they are.
>>
>>7484196
If you live in a place so isolated that the gas station is a legit dining option it might be time to consider moving somewhere with better options.
>>
>>7484057
>nigger infested cities
Coming from Alabama, you're barking hard up the wrong tree on that one.

You can live in a really nice small town in Eastern MA or a Long Island mansion and still be plugged into the culture of that area. Pretty much all of those coastal cities are gentrifying and whitening except DC and Baltimore. Good luck finding black people in Greenwich Village or Back Bay.

Meanwhile in Alabama there's like one town that's majority white and we're emphatically flyover.
>>
>>7483772
>Is Kentucky a flyover state?
yes
>Muh Bourbon Trail.
>Muh Horse Races.
your what and your what?
>>
How about you nut up and stop being fed whatever this shit infested american food culture problem is, and learn to fucking cook for yourself you dumb fuck?

>muh prepared food is gone
>how will i ever eat

It's bad enough that the entire countries main market is fucking reselling shit from other countries, but now you get upset when you can import a basic need of life?

How the fuck do people like you even put your clothes on in the morning you fucking tard.
>>
>>7484224
I agree with the gist of what you're saying but it's pretty easy to find black people in the ducking village. Yeah they're not the same people you'd find in queens but still. Not that it makes your life any worse to have a few black people around.
>>
>>7484173
I'm talking about a minor fast fast chain that just so happened to be situated inside of a gas station.

>>7484196
They're literally in the same building. But while they have some tables I've literally never seen anybody but staff sit at them. Most people just walk in, get their food, and leave. Or use the drive through.

>>7484223
>isolated
It's a bit out of date, but yes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campton,_Kentucky
>>
>>7484226
I can kind of understand not knowing about the Bourbon Trail, but you haven't heard about the Kentucky Derby?
>>
>>7484255
In a town of 500 I guess you really don't have that much choice. Are you happy there, or would you rather live someplace where you wouldn't be eating at gas stations?
>>
>>7484266
I'm not happy here, but I gotta help take care of my family man.
Luckily the internet and Amazon helps dull the boredom.
>>
>>7484246
>Not that it makes your life any worse to have a few black people around
Confirmed for never having been around black people in real life lol
>>
>>7484282
Understand. Here's hoping when the time comes you end up in a place with a variety of foods you find exciting.
>>
>>7483761

Is this something that Indians just do or what?

We used to have a gas station a few years back with a fucking A&W attached to it, that shit was amazing. Then Indians bought it and refused to pay the franchise fees for the A&W. Replaced it with some garbage sub shop and went all fucking cheap on everything.

Whole place ended up going under. It's been boarded up for at least a year now.
>>
>>7484057
im sorry the city doesn't have all the amenities you are used to (animal fucking, molestation, incest, monster trucks). Its alright anon, you don't have to /pol/post when your shitty flyover state gets shit on
>>
>>7484255
but Santon isn't that far away and you have LJS, Arby's McD's, Dominos, Papa Johns, hardee's, ect...
>>
>>7484425
I don't like driving that far to get fast food though. I do on occasion when Papa Johns is having a good deal, but usually when I do I'm also picking up Pizza for my sister, parents, and uncle.
Also it's like 40 minutes to an hour round trip, not counting the time I'm picking up the food.

>>7484406
I dunno man, but it's weird. Three of the four around my town are owned by them, and after they did prices went up and quality went down. One is on the verge of closing down, which is a pity since it's the only place in town that sells Big Red soda.
>>
>>7483761
Sucks you live in the sticks, in the city we get awesome stuff live tandoori chicken pizzas and shit when that happens. You got the wack hindoos.
>>
File: 1448228721124.png (858 KB, 600x1037) Image search: [Google]
1448228721124.png
858 KB, 600x1037
>>7484407
Awwww, there, there, little nigger. You don't have to go ballistic the second someone insults whatever slum you call home. Calm down. No, really. Calm down. Sip sum sizzurp. Maybe check out the newest phat booty mags. I heard Jamal was trading foteys for food stamps. Whatever you do, just don't be seen in the wrong part of town with that shirt on, you'll be shot dead :^).
>>
>>7484518
Don't listen to that guy, we have monster trucks.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.