[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fat American here I want to incorporate vegetables into my everyday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 595x353) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 595x353
Fat American here
I want to incorporate vegetables into my everyday life
What's the best way of doing that?
Which ones should I buy?
>>
Carrots, celery and onion are delicious and versatile, they can go in most dishes.
>>
Being American has nothing to do with it, fatty.

Buy vegetables and you like and eat them.

It doesn't take a genius to figure this shit out.
>>
By "everyday life" you mean what exactly? As opposed to what? You make it sound like it's a fucking project.
Anyway, the first thing you have to decide on is how much of them you want to eat raw and how much you want cooked. Some are good raw, some basically require cooking. Also, some of them are only palatable when prepared adequately, while others are popular even just by themselves. In terms of effort, the simplest thing to do is to get vegetables for raw eating and then eat them. If you like dairy, you can combine that shit with a high-proton dairy product like cottage cheese or greek yogurt.
Another easy thing is to plop vegetables into the oven, basically no work and no cleanup required. Works well for eggplant, pumpkin family, potatoes and lots of other things
>>
>>7483530
dude come to America and see what it is like
I work as a cashier at a super market and the vast majority of people do not buy veg

Can't tell you how many don't even buy any fresh meat just all frozen garbage

also lots of Americans think that potatoes are veg and that a single cabbage and a bag of cole slaw mix is enough veg to feed a family of 5 for the week
>>
>>7483522
>What's the best way of doing that?
Orally.
>>
>>7483547
I get most of my veggies from farmers market or its home grown. Grocery store produce sucks in my area. Within 2 days stuff begins deteriorating.
>>
>>7483573
ok but that still doesnt change the fact that most Americans shop at the super market and that most of them don't buy veg or buy potatoes and cabbage and act like its super mega healthy
>>
I add a cup of blended vegetables to most sauces when I cook for myself.
>>
File: 292931.jpg (179 KB, 727x1000) Image search: [Google]
292931.jpg
179 KB, 727x1000
>>7483522
This is what I do
>Buy 1kg bag of frozen carrots, broccoli and cauliflower for £1 from Aldi
>Put big pot over medium heat
>Cut open bag and dump in veggies, salt, stir and cover
>couple minutes later add black pepper and stir, cover again
>wait a few minutes then eat out the pot, usually with some sardines out the tin but I might fry up some chicken if I have nothing to do
Thank me later
>>
>>7483522
Spinach is a good substitute for iceberg lettuce.

Green beans, corn on the cob, salads, asparagus, fried or grilled zuccini, squash, and eggplant, vegetable and beef soup, casseroles.
>>
>>7483522
Any of them. Then you eat them.
>>
File: 1448340635804.jpg (166 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1448340635804.jpg
166 KB, 1080x1080
Good rule of thumb:

Everything can be a fajita or an omelette if it has green peppers in it.
>>
>>7483615

>thank me later

This is the exact reason so many people think they don't like vegetables.
>>
>>7483522
Eat them.
>Which ones should I buy?
Whatever the fuck you like

MURICA. Land of the infantile retards who can't take care of themselves.
>>
>>7483671

>gummy shark rice krispie treat wrapped up in magical sour rainbow

Man, I would have came on the spot if someone gave me that plate of treats as a kid.

Now just looking at that picture gives me a headache and makes my teeth hurt.
>>
>>7483522
Go to bed Bruce, it's late as fuck over there in Abo-land
>>
>>7483522

Eat them. It's really as simple as that.
>>
>>7483547
Potato is a vegetable.
>>
>>7483547
>lots of Americans think that potatoes are veg

Potatoes and other starchy tubers are vegetables by definition, and by common usage. They're just not the kind of vegetable that's meant when people suggest eating more vegetables by which they generally mean green and leafy vegetables.

>>7483589
>cabbage

There's nothing unhealthy about cabbage.
>>
>>7483589
cabbage is pretty healthy dude.

buy big tubs of spinach or frozen bags of brocolli.
>>
>>7483986

It's only healthy in the sense that it's not bad for you. It contains 99% water and very little of anything else.

The vegetables which contain a lot of nutrients are the dark leafy green ones.
>>
>>7483991
A vegetable isn't healthier because it contains more "nutrients". More "nutrients" doesn't automatically equal better health, most of them you just have to meet your needs. Non-essential nutrients and chemicals are found in all sorts of vegetables, not just dark leafy green ones. And aside from that, cabbage contains plenty of nutrients.
>>
>>7483522
Just look up recipes online for simple dishes, mostly one-pot.

If you actually cook meals for yourself, you end up using a ton of vegetables just in the base of the dish. Mostly onions, garlic, celery, carrots, bell peppers etc. which are all beneficial for your health.

Even shit like Spaghetti Bolognese or Shepherd's Pie is packed full of goodness in comparison to any store-bought microwave meal and shit like that, and that sort of thing is pure comfort food compared to a lot of delicious food you can be cooking for yourself every night cheaply and easily
>>
>>7483547
Potatoes are vegetables you retard

What the fuck did you think they were? A fruit? Fungus?
>>
>>7484054
A tuber
>>
>>7484047

I agree. Been making Miso soup with fresh shiitake and cabbage. Toss ij some noodles and it is way better than the instant noodles that never fills me up
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 249x250
>>7483522
>vegetables

Personally, I'd start with potato vodka and corn whiskey and go from there.
>>
>>7484072
Kek
>>
>>7483770
Well yeah I know there is nothing wrong with cabbage but buying a single head of it for a family of 5 is by no means getting enough veg for the weeK>>7483770
>>
Honestly what I tell most amerifats is that the FIRST step into any level of ANYTHING for health is cooking your own meals.

>but i do cook my own meals
>I unwrap the packaging and put in the micro--

NO, you stupid fuck, I mean go out and fucking buy just veggies and meats, and then try to live your god damn life. Don't be a fucking invalid of this shitty food culture in this country, and try to think for your god damn self.

>Is it ok to eat prepared shit?

NO. Just, fucking. fuck man. THE WHOLE FUCKING INTERNET AT YOUR FINGER TIPS, AND YOU ASK /CK/ FOR FUCKING ADVICE.

HAVE YOU EVEN EVER BEEN TO GOOGLE.COM?!

How do I reach these kids?
>>
>>7484072
This
>>
>>7483522
As a recovering picky eating fat ass, the best way to include them is in minces. Minced onions, peppers, cucmbers, etc. All add a nice satisfying crunch to foods I use them in, and are small enough to not over power each bite/spoonful of whatever I'm eating them with.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.