[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Why does everyone make fun of English cuisine??? https:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
File: mmmeatpie.jpg (142 KB, 1222x557) Image search: [Google]
mmmeatpie.jpg
142 KB, 1222x557
>Why does everyone make fun of English cuisine???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_v_g0iIXTI

Jesus Christ. French were already mastering coq au vin by then. It might not be bad, but English cooking is like the ghetto ass brother of cooking.

Also:
Blood Pudding
Beans on Toast
>>
>>7482481
Not so much anymore. Traditional English food is pretty meat and potatoes though.
>>
>>7482481
>coq au vin

i don't know what that is so i looked it up

ho lee shit. is this reasonably possible for an intermediate cook to make? any recipes?
>>
>>7482485

Yeah, we do.

No one takes Brit cuisine serious.

>muh tea & crumpets

BRUSH your God damn teeth also.
>>
>>7482481
why the fuck do they keep calling it a paste?
>>
File: 35255.jpg (129 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
35255.jpg
129 KB, 500x375
i'd eat english cuisine desu
>>
>>7482490
>was getting all excited
>watch alton brown's recipe
>would require at least 2 bottles of wine

oh. nevermind :( can't really cook food that costs that much
>>
File: coq_au_vin_land_1asassr-1asasti.jpg (377 KB, 656x370) Image search: [Google]
coq_au_vin_land_1asassr-1asasti.jpg
377 KB, 656x370
>>7482506
You should make it. It's really not that hard, actually cheap af, and I only use about 1/2 to 1/4 of a bottle of wine if i'm being cheap. still comes out good.
>>
>>7482490

the ina garten recipes are always "kicked up a notch"

they can be a little complex, but always good I find
>>
>>7482535
man that looks so fucking good right now that my mind cant even comprehend it
>>
>>7482535
I don't understand why people think that french food is so damned unapproachable. It's crazy. The Frogs and Nips have done such a remarkable job "mystifying" their respective cuisines that if people would grow a pair and try to make a few things they'd discover it's all smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>7482558
French were the first people to write a culinary method on paper. In the modern culinary world France is old news.
>>
>>7482535
i was at school with a guy who always said how his favorite meal was 'chicken coq au vin'. made me want to stab him in the eyes desu
>>
File: 1458202864869.png (135 KB, 1009x651) Image search: [Google]
1458202864869.png
135 KB, 1009x651
>colonial
>millennials
>>
>>7482570
>Portland, OR

The least surprising thing about this.
>>
>>7482570
>asians
>highest populace of the human race on earth
>complaining about being a minority

boo fucking hoo, everyone's people have done some fucked up shit.
>>
>>7482490
foodwishes blogspot co.uk/2014/08/coq-au-vin-rock-out-with-your-coq-out.html

Why won't cuckchan let me post full links?
>requires you to redo the captcha if it thought your post was "spam" because of a link
>>
>>7482535

I'd take a stilton and pork pie over that slop any day of the week.
>>
It STINKS!
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.