[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>but healthy food is too expensive!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 7
File: 1452605629635.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1452605629635.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>but healthy food is too expensive!
>>
>>7479254
Said nobody, ever.
Faggot.
>>
>>7479255
confirmed for never dealing with people in the real world
>>
>>7479254
>$3.99 for a bag of salad mix
>$1.25 for a can of pringles
>>
>>7479256
/Thread.
Also OP is a shitcunt.
>>
>>7479257
>he fell for the salad mix meme

just buy your own lettuce you absolute fucking pleblord
>>
>>7479257
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>7479262
and spend more? fuck no.
>>
>>7479257
tell me about it!

>$2.00 for a 2l of coke
>$3.50 for a bottle of water
I literally cannot afford to be healthy. feels bad man
>>
>>7479257
>$1 for a pound of carrots
>>
>>7479269
Good point about water, it's one of the most expensive bottled drinks. If only you lived in a first world country where clean drinking water came out of a tap.
>>
>>7479269
>paying $2.00 for a 2 liter

This is more bait than your whole post is
>>
>>7479277
If that seems outrageous to you, I'm not surprised your product substitutes HFCS for sugar.
>>
>>7479319
HFCS and Cane sugar literally cost about the same.

Federal subsidies on corn and tariffs on the importation of cane in the US was the only reason HFCS was adopted.
It was a way to boost the economy with the farmers in the 80s.

Nobody else in the world uses HFCS like the US does because its an artificial price discrepancy.

And yes, cane sugar or not 2$ a 2liter is highway robbery.
>>
>>7479257
A head of lettuce is usually more expensive than the salad mix. I almost never eat enough lettuce before it goes bad.
>>
>>7479276
So not the US then
>>7479326
Cane sugar is actually more expensive in the US because we didn't trade with Cuba which is the only place where cane sugar can reasonably be obtained in mass for the US.
>>
>>7479329
>Cane sugar is actually more expensive in the US because we didn't trade with Cuba which is the only place where cane sugar can reasonably be obtained in mass for the US.

Yes, like I said its under a Tariff
>>
>>7479254

>But healthy food requires a tiny amount of effort to make instead of just pulling through a drive through

ftfy
>>
>>7479326
>HFCS and Cane sugar literally cost about the same.

Not in the US, sadly. Normal cane or beet sugar in the US is roughly 3x the price of sugar elsewhere in the world thanks to import quotas and tariffs that were implemented in the late 1970's. That's why most of the US processed food and drink makers switched to HFCS.

>>subsidies
Yes, those exist but they're a very minor part of the problem compared to aforementioned quotas and tariff.
>>
>>7479254
Jesus, I get this from my morbidly obese roommate all the time. She's got enough money to make some creaky concoction with beef and cheese every day then chase it with a cupcake, constantly snack on suckers and guzzle red wine, but I'm boojie for liking spinach and eggs and tap water.
>>
>>7479355
you're what?
>>
Of course it's more fucking expensive. The most basic dietary need is calories, not "health". Fiber and micronutrients are way further down the line. So please tell me, is it more expensive to buy 10,000 calories of flour, cheese, sugar and butter, or 10,000 calories of fucking broccoli, fish and spinach? Every time you buy a vegetable, you're actively investing money in health, rather than just preventing starvation, which is the primary purpose of eating.
>>
>>7479371
>fucking broccoli, fish and spinach?

Replace those with beans, chicken, and potatoes and you are 100% incorrect. Nice attempt at cherry picking though.
>>
>>7479371

Dry good like beans and rice are far cheaper in $$ per calorie than just about anything else.
>>
>>7479269
>>>$3.50 for a bottle of water
What is this meme?
>>
>>7479373
>Replace those with beans, chicken, and potatoes and you are 100% incorrect.
I am? Show your calculations then. As for where I live, legumes are at least 5-10 times more than flour, chicken is at least 2-5 times more than cheese and potatoes are 10 times more than flour. So to me it just looks like you're a fucking idiot who doesn't know how to operate a calculator.
>>
>>7479385

You made the initial claim, you show YOUR math first.
>>
>>7479385
>chicken is at least 2-5 times more than cheese

Good lord, those must be gold-plated chickens or the "cheese" you're talking about is some kind of shit not fit for human consumption.
>>
>>7479385
>chicken is at least 2-5 times more than cheese

Chicken where I am is $2.00 a pound for breasts, $1.00 a pound for legs. Cheese is at least double that for shitty American. You're retarded.
>>
>>7479386
Flour: 8 cent/1000 calories
Sugar: 12 cent/1000 calories
Oil: 10 cent/1000 calories
Butter: 50 cent/1000 calories
Cheese: At least 100 cent/1000 calories

Chicken: At least 180 cent/1000 calories
Dry legumes: At least 60 cent/1000 calories
Rice: 25 cent/1000 calories
Potatoes: 65 cent/1000 calories
>>
>>7479390
Do you know what a fucking calorie is? I am not even American.
>>
>>7479404

Those number seem suspect. For example, starting with flour:

At my supermarket in the US a 5-lb bag of the big national brand all purpose flour costs $2.50. (Note: not expensive hipster stuff, just plain AP flour)

According to https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/, All-purpose flour has 364 calories per 100 grams.

So let's do some math. 5lbs = 2270 grams = 8270 calories. That's 30 cents per 1000 calories.

Now for legumes. From the same store a 5-lb sack of dried pinto beans costs $2.59. Referancing the USDA link above, calorie content is 347 per 100g. that's nearly the exact same price as flour, at $0.33 per 1000 cals.

So where are you getting your numbers from? It seems my supermarket is 3x the price for plain flour and is 1/2 your price for the beans.
>>
>>7479443
Moving onto chicken. Whole chickens in my area are $1.09/lb normal price but can often be found on sale for less. But let's assume full price.

1 lb = 454 grams.
215 cals per 100 grams per USDA
$1.12 per 1000 calories; that's much less than your "at least 180 cents" figure.

Where are your numbers coming from?
>>
>>7479328
a head of lettuce will last much longer, salad mix bags are filled with gasses and washed with chlorine intended to keep them looking fresh until they're opened.. after that they break down in a day
>>
>>7479257
Then don't buy salad mix shithead.
>>
>>7479328
You lying mother fucker. A head of lettuce is like 50 cents.
>>
>>7479358
Bougie. Short for Bourgeoisie.
>>
File: xander.jpg (319 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
xander.jpg
319 KB, 1920x1080
>>7479254
>$1+tax for a cheese burger
>$6+tax for a salda
>>
>>7479257
holly shit, you can't afford less than 4 bucks?

Mc kill yourself.
>>
>>7479472
From their ass.
>>
>>7479638

Nobody said anything about what he can or cannot afford. The point is that junk food is cheaper than an overpriced made-for-you-salad.

This is proof that foolio here can't cook. For that same $3.99 one can buy a few different veggies and make several salads.
>>
>>7479617
???
In what country?
>>
>>7479636
>America doesn't include tax in the price.
I can't believe you shitheads still do this.
>>
>>7479669
Black America
>>
>>7479678

Why? You too stupid to do basic arithmetic?
>>
>>7479687

>Americans use a backwards ass system
>better call someone else stupid
>>
>American told me that healthy food is expensive
>Tell them to eat less of said food
>Felt insulted on the idea of eating less

Do you really need 4 litres of coke everyday? Why not limit yourself to 750mls or less per day?

>Our industry is filled with corn lobbyists that make junk food cheap?

How about small portions of said junk food?

>Its not nutritious!

I didnt say you should eat only one thing..

>Fuck your narrow minded views and supporting Monsanto
>>
>eat only whole plant foods
>spend less on food than anyone I know
>"being vegan is expensive"
>>
>>7479694
Did you and your strawman have a nice chat, Anon?
>>
>>7479715
I just don't understand the 'diet' culture that Americans are so accustomed.

>You have to eat healthy foods to be healthy
>You are not allowed to to consume less of one item
>Anything that is not a salad is not healthy
>Chicken is supposedly healthy in the US even though it has one of the highest fat contents
>>
>grow up fat
>be told fat makes you fat for 18 years
>eat less fat but never lost weight
>start eating less and realize how calories work
>lose 80 lbs

It's so fucking easy.
>>
>>7479407
Oh, believe me, we can tell you aren't American with that reading comprehension.
>>
>>7479737
>Americans and calories meme

Consume less saturated and unsaturated fats
>>
>>7479723
>>Chicken is supposedly healthy in the US even though it has one of the highest fat contents

Fat doesn't mean unhealthy
And in this context people are usually talking about chicken breast which is super lean.
>>
>>7479262
>buying a whole head of six kinds of greens
>use enough for two salads before the rest turns to slime
>wow I would have saved 70 cents if I was feeding a family of five, too bad I live alone
This is why Mormons shouldn't try to tell normal people how to live
>>
>>7479747
>Fat doesn't mean unhealthy

It doesn't but for some reason every American has recommended it?

> chicken breast which is super lean

1.4g of fat with high sodium content

>>7479774
>salad meme

Why do Americans need to eat salad? Its like they actively find this stuff so they can be 'healthy'
>>
>>7479774

Why? Because you were too stupid to figure out another use for your produce before it went bad?
>>
>people think eating healthy is just fruits and vegetables
Holy shit I didn't think /ck/ was that fucking dumb.
>>
>>7479774
(you)
>>
>>7479793
>It doesn't but for some reason every American has recommended it?

Recommended chicken you mean? Probably because Americans like meat, and chicken breast is the leanest of the readily available meats.

>>1.4g of fat with high sodium content
1.4 grams of fat is pretty much nothing.
And most chicken doesn't contain high sodium, that's only the stuff that's been injected with broth.

>>Why do Americans need to eat salad?
They don't "need" to eat it, but it's a common dish that's low in calories and contains a lot of vegetables. Why is it surprising that people pick salad when they want to eat less meat and more veggies? Of course it's not the only example of that kind of food, but it's certainly a popular one.

What's ironic is that a lot of Americans will order a salad "because they want to be healthy" and then proceed to douse it in a massive amount of fatty dressing, like Ranch, which completely defeats the fucking point. I don't think I'll ever wrap my head around that one.
>>
>>7479833
>And most chicken doesn't contain high sodium, that's only the stuff that's been injected with broth.

I've never bought chicken, but I was under the impression it's brined more often than not to increase weight?
>>
>>7479849
Some brands are, but certainly not all.

In my supermarket (yes, in the US) most brands are not brined. The only stuff that is are the big "discount packs" aka "family packs" in the frozen section.
>>
>>7479849
you've never bought chicken?
>>
>>7479833
>1.4 grams of fat is pretty much nothing.

But this stuff adds very quickly? I will never understand this Americanization of dieting fad

>I need to stay slim but let me eat lots of chicken

>And most chicken doesn't contain high sodium

99.99% of Chicken is injected with a brine

>, but it's a common dish that's low in calories

Not when you guys slather it with chicken pieces and dressing. Also, why does it contain so many vegetables?

>pick salad when they want to eat less meat and more veggies

In other countries people eat normal food without this weird salad fad and still stay slim

> massive amount of fatty dressing

And chicken
>>
>>7479472
>>7479443
Dat rekt
>>
>>7479866
I've been vegan since 9.
>>
>>7479860
>most brands are not brined.

I find this very hard to believe
>>
>>7479870
Well you're not American and clearly don't know shit.

Most chicken on the shelf isn't. Sliced lunch meat from the Deli, that's a different story.
>>
>>7479867
>But this stuff adds very quickly?
Not at 1.4 grams it doesn't. Besides which, that's much leaner than the alternative (beef or pork).

>>99.99 injected with brine
Where do you shop? I'm very careful about this and at least in my supermarkets (Central Texas) the non-brined chicken is much more common than the brined. See >>7479860.

>>In other countries people eat normal food without this weird salad fad and still stay slim
Sure. You can eat any food and stay slim so long as you don't consume too much of it.

>And chicken
Why do you keep bringing this up? Chicken is very lean so it makes perfect sense to eat it if you were trying to cut down your caloric intake.

Perhaps this might make more sense if I explained it a different way. Produce and meat is very cheap in America. As a result people are used to eating meat in every meal. Chicken breast is the leanest of the readily available meats, so is it really that hard to understand why people would choose to eat chicken when they want to watch their weight?
>>
>>7479870
>I find this very hard to believe

Why? It's clearly marked on the label/packaging if the chicken is brined or not. That's required by law and makes it very easy to tell the difference.
>>
>>7479793
I know this will come to a shock to you, but some people enjoy the taste of fresh raw vegetables. It's not just a kind of punishment to be endured in exchange for not being fat.
>>
>>7479833
>that a lot of Americans will order a salad "because they want to be healthy" and then proceed to douse it in a massive amount of fatty dressing

My mom does this whenever I have to tolerate an outing with my family. In my teenage years as well she used to goad me about "EAT YUR GREANZ." Then she'd order those useless, piece of shit iceberg lettuce salads that restaurants don't give a fuck about, and then drown it with croutons and dressing.
>>
>>7479880
>Not at 1.4 grams it doesn't

Fat is still fat? Even a little on a slow metabolism can do lots of damage.

>that's much leaner than the alternative

What's with Americans and the lean meat meme? Meat even in small quantities is bad; especially with women who want to stay thin

>east in my supermarkets

Most likely you haven't read the label correctly or know your butcher very well

>Chicken is very lean

But the only people who believe in this bullshit are Americans? Guess what? They are also one of the fattest ones
>>
>>7479687
>he likes something being advertised as $4.99 and coming to like $5.13 or something retarded
>>
>>7479893
>but some people enjoy the taste of fresh raw vegetables.

Outside of the US the people eat as a norm but in America? You treat it as some sort of 'dietary phase'

Carrotsยฎ
Broccoliยฎ
Turnipsยฎ
>>
>>7479899

Billy, eat your greenz.
>>
>>7479903
>Fat is still fat? Even a little on a slow metabolism can do lots of damage

No. First off, the whole concept of a "Slow metabolism" makes little sense. The vast majority of humans have a very similar metabolic rate. See:
https://examine.com/faq/does-metabolism-vary-between-two-people/

And 1.4 grams of fat is practically nothing. Fat is 9 calories per gram, compared to 4 cals/gram for carbs and protein. So if a person ate 1.4 grams of fat instead of 1.4 grams of something else that's only 7 calories. Out of a typical diet of 2000-2500 cals/day that's nothing.

>>What's with Americans and the lean meat meme?
We already discussed that, anon. If someone wanted to cut calories then switching to a leaner meat instead of a fattier meat is logical.

>>Most likely you haven't read the label correctly or know your butcher very well

Lol.

>>But the only people who believe in this bullshit are Americans?

It's pretty obvious if you've ever worked with meat, anon. And if you haven't it's easy to look up. Chicken is far leaner than beef or pork which are the other common meats eaten in the us.

At this point it's pretty clear that no answer will satisfy you and you're just shitposting. Carry on anon.
>>
>>7479922
You live in a mud hut that we'll soon bomb
See murrkins can shitpost too
>>
>>7479942
Isn't it funny when Americans want to lose weight they'll start talking about low calorie diets but won't entertain the notion of exercise?
>>
>>7479950
Because most humans hate rigorous exercise regimens required to lose massive amounts of weight over long periods of time. Regulating diet literally expends less energy.
>>
>>7479942
>And 1.4 grams of fat is practically nothing

For a small person? Yes it kinda does but for a fat one? Does little to nothing.

>cut calories then switching to a leaner meat

Or just consume less of said meat and not going full American with the lean meme?

>Chicken is far leaner

Or just do the sensible thing and consume less of it? The Calorie and lean meat meme is a bit too much
>>
>>7479963
>hate rigorous exercise
>exercise

Walking is now a form of exercise? Even standing up?
>>
>>7479254
Well, it depends on where you live. Vegetables aren't cheap in Ontario. Rice and beans, yea sure they are cheap. Tasty food (like good meat) is expensive.
>>
>>7479950

Not really. It's much more effective to reduce your calorie intake than it is to exercise.

Don't get me wrong--excercise is fantastic and people ought to be doing more of it. But from a weight loss perspective altering diet is far more efficient.

See http://www.nutristrategy.com/caloriesburned.htm

...most exercises that a fatty might be doing are burning around 500 cals per hour. That same number of calories can be saved by eating smaller meals. It's much easier for a person to get that 500 cal deficit by not drinking that large cola with their McMeal than it is to go hiking for an hour.
>>
>>7479971
>he thinks health is only about calories
>>
>>7479982
>It's much more effective to reduce your calorie intake than it is to exercise.

How about

>consume less
>walk more

Please don't feed us the American way of dieting

> large cola with their McMeal

How about ordering the smallest sizes available and not turn into a dieting fag?
>>
>>7479984

Not at all. Calories were simply the context of the conversation. Why else would someone be sperging out about "1.4 grams of fat"?

Discussion of nutrients wasn't part of the thread.
>>
>>7479997
Well it is now
>>
What is a food desert
>>
>>7479992
>Don't get me wrong--excercise is fantastic and people ought to be doing more of it
You're getting sanctimonious and missing the point of the post - it is EASIER to lose weight by just reducing calories than it is just exercising more without reducing calories. Of course it's better to do both, but you're arguing a point the other person clearly understands.
>>
>>7479973
Walking isn't going to be adequate exercise for anyone unless they plan on walking for more than an hour, or over three miles, everyday.

The only people who benefit from standing are people whose jobs require them to stand and walk for most of their shifts. Standing is otherwise sedentary unless you do it continually, and it burns about 50 cals/hr.
>>
>>7480028

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_desert
>>
>>7480036
And generally, fat people aren't going to be standing or walking for hours on end because it's actually bad for most of their lower joints.
Low impact like cycling and swimming would be better.
>>
>>7480033
>it is EASIER to lose weight by just reducing calories

Or just consume less and not be a total tool about it?

>>7480036
>Walking isn't going to be adequate exercise
>99.99% of the world walks
>Only nation that doesn't walk is the US
>Lecturing the rest of the world on how to stay slim

>cals

Will Americans will ever stop using the calorie meme to explain why they are so fat?
>>
>>7480051
>Low impact like cycling and swimming would be better.

Americans showing the world on how to stay slim? What's next? Ketchup is not a vegetable?
>>
File: o99tdL8.png (47 KB, 281x341) Image search: [Google]
o99tdL8.png
47 KB, 281x341
Protip: If your BMI is above 25, try a month or two of only *whole* plant foods before making yourself suffer the tedium of reductionist nutrition.
>>
Only the boring healthy food is cheap.
>>
>>7480075
Only boring people can't make cheap healthy food exciting.
>>
>>7479992
>How about
>>consume less
>>walk more

Sounds great to me, anon. I was simply answering your question about why focus on diet. the reason to focus on diet is because it's more effective than exercise. But of course both is even better.

>>How about ordering the smallest sizes available and not turn into a dieting fag?
Again, makes perfect sense to me, anon. I often wonder why people don't simply eat less (smaller portions) rather than going off on weird diets. In fact, every time someone brings up some silly diet here I'm usually one of the first people to post: why not just eat less? But the point is the same: eating less food is more efficient for weight loss than exercise is. Doesn't matter if that's adopting a specific diet or simply eating less food. Either works as long as fewer calories are being consumed.
>>
>>7479669
Damn near everywhere. Quit buying into the organic meme and just get regular lettuce.
>>
>>7480054
>Or just consume less
Consuming less is a way of reducing calories so yeah, that would work perfectly

>and not be a total tool about it?
I'm not advocating a silly diet, anon. I'm explaining why people prefer dietary change to exercise. I agree with you that simply eating less makes more sense than some silly diet.

>Will Americans will ever stop using the calorie meme to explain why they are so fat?

I hope not, because the ratio of calories in to calories out is literally the only reason for weight gain or loss (well, ignoring silly shit like cutting a limb off) Can't argue with the laws of thermodynamics.
>>
>>7480086
>Calories again

You forget to mention many other things? You can have a high calorie dish with low fat
>>
>>7480083
It only takes butter, oil, and salt to make vegetables taste good.
>>
>>7479617
>>7480100
Do you mean worthless iceberg lettuce? Romaine is usually $1 - $2 a head here. Everything else is more.
>>
>>7480110
Even at $2 that's still cheaper than any bagged lettuce you'll get
>>
>>7480106
>You forget to mention many other things?
For a discussion of weight gain or loss other things don't matter. Only calories matter.

>You can have a high calorie dish with low fat
Of course you can. It doesn't matter where the calories come from, eating more than you burn results in weight gain; eating fewer than you burn results in weight loss. Source of calories is not relevant.
>>
>>7480083
You can make it exciting but theres only so many times you can eat the same stuff before you get sick of it. Potatoes, onions, garlic, checkpeas, are some of the good delicious cheap foods that you can live off forever, but there's a whole world of food outside that's outside ones range if you don't earn a decent living.
>>
>>7479678
Maybe one day we'll get our heads out of our ass and switch to metric too but I doubt it. Americans seem to pride ourselves on being different.
>>
File: 581.png (535 KB, 872x446) Image search: [Google]
581.png
535 KB, 872x446
Anyone know an easy way to make a decent romaine lettuce salad?
>>
>>7480133
I like how in the U.S. I can always find a place to legally drop my piss without paying.
>>
>>7480137
I usually eat it as-is or put it in a blender with berries and bananas.
>>
>>7480133
Why are people so insistent on exterminating imperial units? I thought diversity was good?
>>
>>7480054
>Lecturing the rest of the world on how to stay slim
The world? Don't jump the shark there pal. I'm simply educating you on how -fat- people should lose weight. Depending on them to walk everyday (which most super obeasts won't do; in part because it's bad for them), and instead modifying their diets to be less caloric is simply logic. An obese person is going to stay obese unless they change their diets. Pure and simple.
>>
>>7480128
>It doesn't matter where the calories come from

So you are going to ignore saturated and unsaturated fats and push for the calorie meme.
>>
>>7479687
Fuck you man, I hate that bitches can do sales of "Under $20!" and put shit for $19.99. I'm not talking about food, just prices in general. It's fucking retarded. I want our system to be different.
>>
>>7480144
as an american it baffled me when I came across pay restrooms in other parts of the world. They are always the nastiest ones too.
>>
>>7480160
Please re-read the SI Brochure
>>
>>7480180
>So you are going to ignore saturated and unsaturated fats

Of course. The context of this discussion is weight loss. Other health issues with different kinds of fats aren't relevant in this particular discussion.
>>
>>7479255
guess you never talked to gwyneth paltrow
>>
>>7480199

Wtf yuropoors pay for toilets??

No wonder they shit and piss on their own streets.

Do they charge different prices for #1 or #2?

If I'm going to pay to use a bathroom, I expect to get to pee on an Asian lady.
>>
>>7480602
DESIGNATED
>>
File: 20110925_BITTMAN_MARSHgph-popup.jpg (670 KB, 630x1216) Image search: [Google]
20110925_BITTMAN_MARSHgph-popup.jpg
670 KB, 630x1216
Get fucked.
>>
>>7481808
>571 calories is a healthy amount for dinner
I dont know where they got those mcdonalds prices either; you can get more food for less than 20 dollars right now
>>
>>7479262

>consuming solid water for a million percent markup

>not buying any of the other infinitely superior greens
>>
>>7481845

True, the BK 5 for $4 will run about $20 for 4 and gets you 1170 calories. Still more expensive than the middle healthy meal though.
>>
>>7479598

thats odd because my earthbound spinach/chard/kale mix seems to usually last a good 4-5 days after opening, before it starts turning to slime
>>
>>7479687
hurr everybody should know my archaic sales tax
ffs i have no idea what you are talking about and i'm lardanese, i haven't paid for sales tax in years
>>
>>7479329
I only drink the tap water here. Of course this baffles yuros because they think all of the US is a shit hole and they are never wrong
>>
>>7481808
that picture looks like its 20 years old. also it is not putting time since mcdonalds will be the fastest, time is money as well.
>>
>>7481970

Yes time CAN be money but your average person who eats McDonalds all the time isn't using their spare time to work or earn a degree. They sit on the couch and watch TV. Taking half on hour out of your free time = zero lost money.
>>
>>7481978
>Taking half on hour out of your free time = zero lost money.
that's not how it works though. Just because you aren't at work doesn't mean you don't value your time. What if I have a busy weekend and literally don't have those 30 "spare" minutes
>>
>>7482932

Your weekend is probably not that busy. I bet you do have those 30 spare minutes, you just don't think you do. Or you're prioritizing something silly (like texting) higher.
>>
File: halloween2015_02[1].jpg (41 KB, 257x600) Image search: [Google]
halloween2015_02[1].jpg
41 KB, 257x600
>>7482943
>you shouldn't be texting or relaxing on your time off, you should be working hard all the time
>>
>>7482952

Are you trying to imply that sitting your ass on the couch and/or texting is more important than making yourself a good meal?

Heck, cooking yourself a nice meal can be a recreational activity all in its own. I find cooking (especially with friends) to be a great way to relax and get away from the stress of work/school/whatever.
>>
>>7482961
More important? No.

More appealing? Always.
>>
>>7479269
>>$3.50 for a bottle of water

Maybe from a vendor selling it an outdoor event on a hot day. A standard 16oz bottle of water is normally like 50ยข at the store.
>>
>>7479922
>let me tell you about your country
>>
>>7480195
How much is your sales tax really

I feel mine is high and 19.99 would come out to like 22.25
>>
>>7482932
Let's be serious

You are lurking 4chan

Your time is worthless.
>>
>>7479678
My medical bud includes taxes. $40/7g
>>
File: 12341234123445.jpg (12 KB, 261x194) Image search: [Google]
12341234123445.jpg
12 KB, 261x194
>this thread
>>
>>7482975

There you go. Fat people are fat because they're lazy. Thank you for admitting it at least.
>>
>>7483561
>implying I'm fat
noice
>>
>>7483583

Even if you're not you at least perfectly framed the fat mentality. "I would rather sit on the couch and watch another episode of TV than cook something".

It's only their fault.
>>
>>7479254
It is. I survive entirely on bags of sugar and oats. I meet all my calorie needs on $3 a week. You can't beat that with healthy food.
>>
People who can't or won't cook for themselves are pathetic
>>
>>7483512
wow I'm jelly

I pay 90/q where I live for good shit.

It literally doesn't get lower unless you know a grower.
Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.