[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /ck/ I feel peckish and I want cake, do any of you people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: omg-chocolate-cake-7_1.jpg (106 KB, 460x287) Image search: [Google]
omg-chocolate-cake-7_1.jpg
106 KB, 460x287
hey /ck/ I feel peckish and I want cake, do any of you people have some gluten- & dairy-free cake recipes?
thank you
>>
File: Haitians-Eat-Mud-Cakes[1].jpg (1 MB, 3000x2020) Image search: [Google]
Haitians-Eat-Mud-Cakes[1].jpg
1 MB, 3000x2020
>gluten- & dairy-free cake
>>
>>7473361
>gluten-free
>dairy-free
Why not just kill yourself at this point? Maybe the nature wanted you to die.
>>
I didn't read the recipe for myself, but http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1017816-chocolate-chestnut-cake

I grew up eating chestnut flour cakes, so thought looking one up on dagooglz would be good. And this one has five stars with fifty-one votes, so it's sure to not be shit.
>>
>>7473361
if you eat cake to fill yourself up when you're hungry, you are a disgusting fat piece of shit and need to take better care of your body.
>>
>>7473377
Are you literally retarded? Think about it, how much cake do you think this guy actually eats if it has to be gluten and dairy free? Stop projecting.
>>
>>7473371
thanks gonna try this, keep it coming fellas
>>
I have a gluten-free cake that's very good, but not dairy free.
>>
>>7473411
feel free to post it, maybe I can substitute stuff.
>>
>>7473361
Dissolve sugar in water, add gelatine.
Enjoy, you miserable being.
>>
>>7473423
http://www.realbakingwithrose.com/recipes/RLB's%20Chocloate%20Oblivion%20Truffle%20Torte.pdf

Considering it only contains chocolate, eggs and butter, I'm not sure how you would cut out the dairy.

It's still a delicious cake, though. It's just incidentally gluten free.
>>
>>7473361
are you lactose intolerant and a coeliac, otherwise kill yourself
>>
>>7473361
4 ounces fine-quality bittersweet chocolate (not unsweetened)
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder plus additional for sprinkling

Preheat oven to 375°F and butter an 8-inch round baking pan. Line bottom with a round of wax paper and butter paper. Chop chocolate into small pieces. In a double boiler or metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water melt chocolate with butter, stirring, until smooth. Remove top of double boiler or bowl from heat and whisk sugar into chocolate mixture. Add eggs and whisk well. Sift 1/2 cup cocoa powder over chocolate mixture and whisk until just combined. Pour batter into pan and bake in middle of oven 25 minutes, or until top has formed a thin crust. Cool cake in pan on a rack 5 minutes and invert onto a serving plate.
Dust cake with additional cocoa powder and serve with sorbet if desired.
(Cake keeps, after being cooled completely, in an airtight container, 1 week.)
>>
>>7473509
I have IBS, I can eat it just feels bad.
>>7473498
>>7473520
sounds delicious gonna try it out thanks
>>
OP is clearly trolling so let's not give him more attention than needed.

Opinions on this cake? I never bake cakes but I think I need this shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNI8gPEvQqk
>>
Cassava cake is one of my favourite cakes which happens to be gluten. You can make it dairy-free by increasing the coconut milk and omitting the condensed milk.
>>
>>7474158
It's not obvious trolling, there have been good suggestions in this thread so far which suggests gluten and dairy free cakes are available.

Also, that recipe seems too rich to be served as an actual cake. Cut into blocks like brownies or fridge cake would be better.
>>
>>7474158
actually I am not trolling. If you are into an easy no-bake cake you can try the german kalter hund pic is related.
>>7474162
interesting, unfortunately my local asian supermarket closed so finding those ingredients will be tough, but thanks.
>>
>>7474731
It's basically sweet potato pie without the crust.
>>
>>7474162
gluten-free*
>>
While on the subject, what do you cover and fill your chocolate cakes with? I'm sick of chocolate buttercream frosting
>>
>>7474766
most of the time I just use a regular sugar glaze where I either mix in some chocolate or cream in depending on who's eating it.
>>
>>7474744
>It's basically sweet potato pie without the crust.
and the sweet potato
>>
>>7474792
don't pretend like your tubers are special
>>
>>7473361
Not a troll question.

Are these dairy and gluten free pastries even good? I feel like these things are meant to have eggs, milk, butter, etc and that's what gives them their taste ans texture. They're usually more expensive than the generic stuff so I don't want to waste money to try something that ends up being mediocre.
>>
>>7474850
I should have read the thread...
>>
>>7474850
Well they are certainly not as tasty
>>
>>7473361
>no dairy
>no gluten
I BET YA CAN EAT EGGS AND PEANUTS EITHER YOU FUCKFAG

DIE
>>
>>7474899
This website is not for children.
>>
>>7473361

die you piece of shit.
>>
>>7474925
why are you so mean?
>>
>>7474926

i cant stand degeneracy.
>>
>>7474905
Then quit being a childish, picky eater and eat a real cake.
>>
>>7475154
How does it feel to know that a person having IBS has been posting on your 4chan for roughly 10 years?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.