[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to make French toast but without eggs. I don't have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: soggy breakfast lumps.jpg (451 KB, 2264x1698) Image search: [Google]
soggy breakfast lumps.jpg
451 KB, 2264x1698
I want to make French toast but without eggs. I don't have any allergies or anything, I just don't have eggs.

There seem to be two main problems with eggless French toast: it doesn't get crispy, and the inside doesn't set.

Do you guys have any bright ideas to solve either or both of these?

The vegan community likes to mix bananas and milk, but it all looks like shit and I'm not convinced the bananas do anything at all.
>>
>>7472320
It's not french toast without eggs. Just make regular toast and put some butter and jelly/jam on it.
>>
>>7472320
Just make cinnamon toast, you doofus.
>>
>>7472320
It's hard to substitute eggs in any recipe because of their thickening/setting effect. The only thing I can think of is using bread that already has egg in it like brioche or challah, and using super heavy cream.
>>
I feel you OP. I want to make an omelette, but without eggs. The main problem with this is that there is nothing in the pan so I am still hungry afterwards.
>>
I'm trying to make boiled eggs without the egg. It never seems to quite taste right. I can't figure it out.
>>
>>7472320
So, what, you're going to soak the bread in your milk mixture and then fry it up?

Skip that, maybe melt some butter and add your sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg to that and go to town. Can't see french toast working without egg.
>>
>>7472628
Yeah honestly OP this is your best bet. Drench it in butter and cinnamon and you'll have something similar to a cinnamon roll. There's not many ways around using eggs.
>>
>>7472320
>vegan community
>milk
Retard.
>>
do you guys like french toast without the french? I don't know why these taste so different, but I love them.

fuckin messy as shit though god damn.
>>
>>7472320
Use the fucking bananas you autistic retard. Fried bananas are delicious and in this case the caramelization of them will help with the lost consistency from not using eggs while tasting better.
>>
>>7472320
Apparently the canning liquid for beans works as an egg substitute
>>
Man you sound like my mom, she'll want to make a recipe and then just starts replacing half the ingredients with other stuff or leaving things out 'cause she doesn't feel like going to the store to get them.
>>
>>7472323

This.

What's next, grilled cheese without cheese?
>>
>>7474438

...lemme guess. Then she writes bad reviews about how the recipe was horrible even though she didn't follow it closely.
>>
Then buy fucking eggs you dummy, it's not hard
>>
>>7474456
Those are my favorite kind of reviews. I always get a good laugh out of them.

I read one once of some dumb bitch who made soft pretzels following some recipe on some random site I was looking at. She didn't boil them in baking soda water since she didn't have any and didn't put coarse salt on top since "too much salt is unhealthy".

She then proceeded to give the recipe a shitty rating because the pretzels didn't get brown enough and weren't salty like "real soft pretzels"
>>
use mayonnaise. It's got eggs in it.
>>
>>7472320

http://www.bakingsteel.com/blog/thugs-french-toast-on-the-griddle
>>
>>7472320
flax egg
>>
>>7472320
You have to trust me here

1 tbsp mayo
Dash of nutmeg and cinnamon
1 tsp sugar
It so honey

Mix until combined. Spread over bread very thinly. Pan fry on medium with lightly greased pan.
>>
>>7472320
>I want to make French toast but without bread. I don't have any allergies or anything, I just don't have bread.

>There seem to be two main problems with breadless French toast: it doesn't get crispy, and the inside doesn't set.

>Do you guys have any bright ideas to solve either or both of these?

>The vegan community likes to mix bananas and milk, but it all looks like shit and I'm not convinced the bananas do anything at all.
>>
File: 1292791633491.jpg (50 KB, 288x467) Image search: [Google]
1292791633491.jpg
50 KB, 288x467
>>7475727
>It so honey
are you describing your recipe?
>>
>>7473057
>Not knowing about soy/coconut/almond milk
Retard
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.