[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Allergic to shellfish >Hear people all my life raving
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: cooked_lobster_meat_MED.jpg (59 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
cooked_lobster_meat_MED.jpg
59 KB, 480x320
>Allergic to shellfish
>Hear people all my life raving about how amazing lobster is.
>King of seafoods
>Finally decided to try it anyway
>It tastes like nothing but what you put on it
>Literally fucking nothing. Like eating a butter flavored cloud or something.
>face turns red and itchy. pop a few benadryl and reconsider life choices.

Is lobster just a meme among people with shitty taste?

Centuries ago, people realized that lobster was so shitty that even SLAVES complained about it.

http://factually.gizmodo.com/lobsters-were-once-only-fed-to-poor-people-and-prisoner-1612356919
>>
>>7470920
>>Allergic to shellfish

Lmao @ ur lyfe, genetic dead end
>>
No shit anon

>Caviar
>Lobster
>Oyster
>Foie Gras
>Polenta
>Even fucking Sushi

Are all part of a loooong list of really shit food that became pretentious and "to die for" over the years. Even though they were shit-tier for centuries.

I personally blame white people.
>>
lobster is like..... the worst shellfish you can have. crab is much tastier, and so is all the other shellfish such as mussels and clams.
>>
It's a meme. It's a big, tasteless shrimp.

It's really an overjustification effect in action.
>I spent way too much on this thing, and therefor I think it tastes good.

There's a reason everyone thought it was tasteless rubber in the 1700's, when it was given to the poorest of the poor in Britain, as it was so cheap and no one else wanted it. When it became a delicacy everything changed.

Other foods that are just results of overjustification effect are:
Oyster
Caviar
expensive champagne
expensive beer
foie gras

and almost everything else that's expensive
>>
>>7470920
The claw meat is great, but lobster tail should be made into dog food or at least sold for way less than they want for it. The two are totally different.

A lobster roll made exclusively with claw meat is the best use of lobster.
>>
>>7470920

next time have atlantic lobster instead of bland flavorless pacific lobster if you're willing to risk another reaction.

i don't eat it because it's just an overpriced ocean cockroach
>>
>>7470936
>Polenta
Polenta is pretentious now?
>>
File: image.png (236 KB, 428x438) Image search: [Google]
image.png
236 KB, 428x438
>>7471111
Nice quads
>>
File: 1450396295872.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450396295872.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>7470920
God... that picture...

OHHH FUCK THAT LOOKS SO GOOD

Of course /ck/ are being contrarian childish faggots.

Lobster is fucking delicious. Is crab better? Yea, probably.

but fuck me that lobster meat dipped in butter..... fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck so damn good
>>
>>7470920
I read somewhere that it started as an inside joke in coastal towns to play on eurotrash, give em the ocean bug and charge them out the ass for it, and because it was expensive they loved it, and that's how lobster got popular
>>
whole lobster is only good fresh, but it's still pretty overrated.

don't get it unless you can get it cheap
>>
>>7470936
sushi can be ok, the meme portion of salmon on rice is overrated and overpriced though. Hell, even the cheapass sushi with chicken ontop is usually better.
>>
>>7470920
>Only eat dead rotting lobster that washes up on shore for a century
>It gets a reputation as a shit tier meat
To the surprise of absolutely no one.
>>
Lobster meat is whatever, its good with mayo or butter, but lobster stock is top fucking tier stock, its my favorite to use as a chef.
>>
>>7470936
caviar tastes like rotten fish
lobster it top tier food
oyster also top tier
sushi is over rated garbage and taste like shit
no comment for the rest
>>
>>7471177
I think it's impossible to eat a dead crustacean that you found on the beach.

At the moment of death, the digestive juices start liquefying the carcass from the inside. This is why they must be boiled alive.
>>
>>7471204
>sushi is over rated garbage and taste like shit

>Seeing all the pretentious weeaboo hipsters raving about sushi

>well ACKSHUALLYYYY the main ingredient is the perfectly steamed rice

then just eat the rice you nigger
>>
>>7471240
pretty much this
>>
>>7470920
Literally only buy lobster in Maine.
>4.99/lb
>>
You're an idiot, OP. You can't fully taste something if you're allergic to it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.