[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vidalia > any other onion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: ING-vidalia-onion_sql.jpg (28 KB, 370x370) Image search: [Google]
ING-vidalia-onion_sql.jpg
28 KB, 370x370
Vidalia > any other onion
>>
>>7470715
>not scallions

Boy...
>>
>>7470715

Spanish white for chili IMHO opinion man. Also burgers.

All though they are a perfectly good substitute. They are a very all purpose onion.
>>
Maui > Vidalia
>>
>>7470715

I love vidalias for onion rings and for carmelizing applications (French onion soup, curry, etc.)

But otherwise they're too sweet and not strong enough; for just about everything else I'd rather have a normal yellow onion, not a sweet one.
>>
Just about everything I make gets onion added to it, and these are my go to for sure. However, as some other anons said there's times when you want to use a white or red onion.
>>
>>7470740
Tough choice. Can you eat Mauis like an apple? Co's that's one of the best things about Vidalia...
>>
>>7470785

Best? To me it means the flavor is too fucking mild. For a lot of dishes I want an assertive onion, and Vidalia ain't it.
>>
Not even Roscoff
>>
>>7470787
This.
Vidalias are the Wisconsin cheese of onions.
Sometimes no flavor is a feature. Usually it's a bug.
>>
>>7470905

The worst cheese in America probably does come from Wisconsin, but so does the best.

Just heard on NPR, WPR that Wisconsin just won 1st in an International competition on cheese tasting.

We produce 25% of American cheese. In fact, if you compare Wisconsin to Europe, only France produces more cheese, and just barely. I did a presentation for my Public Speaking class.

So you didn't like the store bought shit that took our dairy and dilutes it into your shitty cuck cheese we export. Come wine tasting and cheese grazing in the beautiful North Midwest. I recommend Summertime for you delicate flowers, it does get cold otherwise.
>>
>>7470937
no true Scotsman: the post
>>
>>7470957
That's like saying all U.S. cheese is shit because of Kraft Singles, niggertits. Isn't a fallacy at all, you're just retarded.
>>
File: vomit.jpg (25 KB, 395x405) Image search: [Google]
vomit.jpg
25 KB, 395x405
>onions
>>
File: dsc_00351.jpg (2 MB, 3872x2592) Image search: [Google]
dsc_00351.jpg
2 MB, 3872x2592
>>7470982
>all US cheese is shit
Except that Wisconsin isn't the only part of the US that makes cheese. It's just that the bland pre-sliced deli cheese is what comes out of Wisconsin. When someone wants something with flavor, they look to the coasts. But yeah, if someone believed that Wisconsin made all US cheese (as people from Wisconsin seem to think), then no doubt they would believe all US cheese is shit.

You flyovers desperately need some perspective.
>>
>>7472924

Humboldt Fog with Orange Blossom Honey is god tier.
>>
>>7470987
In the interests of preserving quality across the boards please refrain from posting anime outside of /a/.
Thank you.
>>
Texas makes their own bigger versian of the the vidalia.
>>
>>7472924
Can confirm, some good cheese comes out of the countryside in New York.
>>
>>7472924
>cheese made with pasteurised milk
No thanks.
>>
>>7470715
do you guys like onions with skin on? I don't know why these taste so different but I love them.

messy as fuck though, god damn.
>>
File: Shallots-Whole.jpg (2 MB, 3120x1760) Image search: [Google]
Shallots-Whole.jpg
2 MB, 3120x1760
>>7470715
heard you talkin shit
>>
>>7470937
>Just heard on NPR, WPR that Wisconsin just won 1st in an International competition on cheese tasting.

Yeah, we debated that a couple days ago. Turns out that despite its name being "international" the overwhelming majority of the judges were American.
>>
>>7473149
Shallots wouldn't be so straightforward. They would merely disregard the upstart entirely, as royalty do with commoners.
>>
File: yellow onion.jpg (4 KB, 218x231) Image search: [Google]
yellow onion.jpg
4 KB, 218x231
>>7470715
>>7473149

Pay respects, plebs.

>90% majority rule in-the-house
>>
Red onion is the best healthwise. Anthocyanidins.
>>
>>7470987
I hated onions too
and then I stopped being a child.
>>
>>7470937
well just look at this here faggoty Wisconsinite
>>
>>7473219
Most of those >phytochemicals are lost when you remove the peel
>>
>>7470937
hey WIDF how does it feel being the worst great lakes state?
>>
>>7474368
Any part that's red has some. Does an onion even have a peel? Isn't the outermost layer different just because air exposure dried it?
>>
>>7474393
>implying there are any good great lakes states
>>
>>7474398
http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=45
>The flavonoids in onion tend to be more concentrated in the outer layers of the flesh. To maximize your health benefits, peel off as little of the fleshy, edible portion as possible when removing the onion's outermost paper layer. Even a small amount of "overpeeling" can result in unwanted loss of flavonoids. For example, a red onion can lose about 20% of its quercetin and almost 75% of its anthocyanins if it is "overpeeled."

also lol @ all the WIDF in this thread
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.