[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cheap Cooking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Everyone's always asking about how to eat well for cheap.. Well here you go, I'm poor as fuck and I'm cooking for a homeless man next door.

Pan fried pork chops, new potatoes, and green beans. Less than $3 a plate.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
>>7469372
>>
File: image.jpg (260 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
260 KB, 1280x960
>>7469376
Spider!
>>
>>7469372
Nicely done. The pork looks great, the beans look canned, and the potatoes look like potatoes.

You could have done it for a dollar though.
>>
>>7469408
Right on all accounts. Everything turned out the best they could've.
>>
>>7469372
>$3 a plate

Nigga that's not cheap.
>>
What kind of coating is on the pork chops?
>>
You are doing Gods work. Good job, Anon. A meal fit for two Kings.
>>
>>7469730
looks to be flour mixture and pan fried in maybe olive oil? Not sure
>>
>>7469734
Flour dredge with cayenne, black pepper and seasoning salt, fried in canola.
>>
>>7469372
> homeless man next door.
How is he homeless if he's your neighbor?
>>
>>7470140
He lives behind in the back of the parking lot of the business next door.
>>
>>7469372
$3? For a single meal? Hahahaha, that's not cheap my friend. Try coming up with a menu when you only have $20 a week.
>>
>>7471315
$20? For a single week? Hahahaha, that's not cheap my friend. Try coming up with a menu when you only have $0 a week.
>>
>>7471315

This seems like it should be the last thing to be bragging about.
>>
>>7469372
>new potatoes
huh?
>>
>>7471320
>>7471323
Touchy. Frugality is an uncomfortable necessity, yet a valuable skill all the same.
>>
>>7471376
It's also completely relative. I'd consider $3/plate to be frugal but for someone without a cent to their name $20/week for food would be extravagant.
>>
>>7469372
If you live in Australia you would be looking at about $15 for that.
>>
>>7472394
lol no 5 bux at max
>>
>>7472433
Depends where you buy it all from. You'd be hard pressed to find all that for $5 imo.

>flour
>cayenne
>black pepper
>seasoning salt
>canola oil
>pork steak
>canned beans
>potatoes
>>
>>7472749
OP here. I threw $3 as a figure. Actually the girl that works at the 24 hr convenience store (we are cool AF) brought over a family pack of pork chops to cook. I had some potatoes and a can of green beans. I didn't really spend much at all.

There were 4 big steaks I cooked and 5 more I froze for when she works Wednesday.

Always keep good seasonings and a nice cast iron pan. I can cook alright.
>>
>>7471372
New potatoes:

Take red potatoes, cut into slices. Salt water liberally. Bring to boil on medium for 15-17 minutes. Drain potatoes, turn off burner and return. Shake parsley all over the taters. Hit it with a 1/3 of butter, stir butter until melted (try not to mash the potatoes too much) and cover.
>>
>>7472767
I love parsley potatoes
>>
>>7469372
If he's homeless, how is he next door?
>>
>>7474518
>not reading the thread like a dumbass
see >>7470212
>>
>>7472758
Recipe?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.