[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why isn't seafood considered to be meat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Why isn't seafood considered to be meat?
>>
File: Ol' Teddy Herzl.jpg (2 MB, 1948x1948) Image search: [Google]
Ol' Teddy Herzl.jpg
2 MB, 1948x1948
Dietary restrictions from ye olden days.
>>
According to who?
>>
>>7469033
Half-assed vegetarians.
>>
>>7469033
catholics
>>
In medieval times you weren't supposed to eat meat during fasting like on Fridays and stuff for religious regions

Fish (and any other sea creature)was claimed to not be meat to get around this rule.
>>
>>7469019
It is meat but for ease of communication we also differentiate it from meat Jesus fuck are you really too retarded to have figured that one out for yourself?
>>
WHEN
>>
WE
>>
>>7469019
But it is? Who the fuck doesn't consider eating seafood to be eating meat?

meat
miːt/
noun
noun: meat; plural noun: meats

the flesh of an animal, typically a mammal or bird, as food

Fish, crustaceans = animals
animals are made of meat, ergo
eating seafood = eating meat

Fucking americans
>>
>>7470841
>Who the fuck doesn't consider eating seafood to be eating meat?

A lot of vegetarians, that's who. I'm not saying that it makes any kind of logical sense, but there's a fucking huge number of vegetarians who will happily eat fish.

And also the idea that "meat doesn't mean seafood" is very strong in Asia. The reasoning there is that Buddhism prohibited the eating of land animals like cows, pigs, chickens, etc but allowed for the eating of fish and shellfish.
>>
>>7469486
fun fact: during the colonization of Canada, the Pope declared that beavers were fish because they lived mainly in water, so that devout Catholics didn't have to go without food once a week in the harsh climate
>>
>>7470859
The bishop of new orleans declared that alligator is a fish and therefore not meat. This was this year.
>>
>>7470857
>A lot of vegetarians, that's who
Ask them why they don't eat meat, and when they tell you it's because poor animals have to be killed for it, ask them why a fish is any different. Nine times out of ten they'll give up eating fish too.

Then tell them what a pescatarian is.
>>
>>7469019
>>7471028
for me its like this: i consider myself vegetarian since i never eat fish. (nor any other meat)
but i wouldnt have a moral problem with eating fish (still dont agree with methods of fishing these days). if i am able to kill it myself im ok with eating it plus fish is alot healthier than any other meat in terms of protein and cholisterin. thats my opinion on this
>>
>>7469033
whom
>>
>>7469019
Primus sucks
>>
>>7469482
>>7469482
don't question it. just let me eat my popcorn shrimp on fridays....damn i miss crawfish
>>
>>7469019
Religion
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 1920x1080
> Looks like seafood's back on the menu!
>>
File: 1453312613931.jpg (13 KB, 289x292) Image search: [Google]
1453312613931.jpg
13 KB, 289x292
>>7471301
>>
[spoiler]http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/5/54/Pud_rival_08.mp3[/spoiler]
>>
Probably the same braindead morons that think poultry doesn't count.
>>
>>7470765
WAS
>>
>>7471227

Stopped reading.

Who cares what your hamfisted excuse for being a vegetarian is.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.