[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tell me what coconut is for? Coconut flavour doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
Can someone tell me what coconut is for? Coconut flavour doesn't seem to add anything that wouldn't be improved by adding something that wasn't coconut. Not only that but adding actual pieces of coconut makes any kind of food completely disgusting.
>>
>I don't like a thing, therefor it is useless
>>
I take it you don't like Pina Coladas, or getting caught in the rain.
>>
File: dontlikething.png (355 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
dontlikething.png
355 KB, 500x628
>>
>>7465724
It's a food. You eat it.
>>
Some of my fondest memories from childhood involved climbing coconut trees, pulling off a few little green ones, throwing them onto the road repeatedly until they were easy to husk, throwing them in the fridge, poking a hole through a couple of the eyes, drinking the juice out of a straw, cracking them in half, eating the delicious meat out of each side with a spoon.

If you don't know where coconuts can be good you need to expose yourself to more of everything.
>>
>>7465724
coconut is supreme for curry sauces. i used to think heavy cream was best. but nah. coconut milk is THE best.
>>
>>7465741
If climbing a tree is your fondest childhood memory then you led a bleak life as a child.
>>
>>7465769
not that guy, but what are your fond memories of childhood? besides being force-fed HFCS snacks and being abandoned in front of the television.
>>
File: 1457841111311.jpg (33 KB, 448x545) Image search: [Google]
1457841111311.jpg
33 KB, 448x545
>>7465724
It's for thai people to ruin their food with, same thing with peanuts

>mfw they cook with these things
>>
>>7465769
If you don't have fond memories of climbing trees and playing outside as a child, you're the one with a bleak childhood.
>>
You're effectively saying "coconut is objectively bad." I don't particularly like coconut, but I don't think it's bad either. I think it's possible that some people actually enjoy the flavor.
>>
File: Massaman_Curry.jpg (146 KB, 988x655) Image search: [Google]
Massaman_Curry.jpg
146 KB, 988x655
>>7465890
Are you telling me you can't enjoy a creamy massaman curry?
>>
>>7465724
kys
>>
>>7465907
thai food is okay. I can eat it. I just don't like the taste of cocunut, pretty much the only food I don't like. And cooking with peanuts just seems weird and out of place. I'm sure there's some dishes I'd enjoy but Thai food just isn't a favorite of mine
>>
File: 1424681382924.jpg (46 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1424681382924.jpg
46 KB, 1000x1000
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

You fucking shittaste faggot.
>>
>>7465724
Coconut is for coating fried shrimp.
>>
Coconut improves absolutely everything more than any other ingredient. German chocolate cakes/brownies, Almond Joys and Mounds, coconut ice cream, curries, coconut haystacks, pina coladas, macaroons, coconut custard, etc.
>>
>>7465767
of course it is. Coconut milk (As opposed to juice) has even more cholesteral.
>>
>>7465769

Fucking millennials, never having played outside as a child and thinking growing up without cell phones and the internet was "bleak".
>>
please nigg, coconut is, or can be, one of the most basic elements of a human diet.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.