[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if money wasn't an issue (right?), what would you keep
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 640x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 640x340
So if money wasn't an issue (right?), what would you keep in your kitchen?
>>
Mostly the same stuff. But I would buy higher quality booze.
>>
A mountain of $100 bills
>>
>>7465239
What this guy said.
>>
>>7465239

...like?
>>
I'd honestly hire a full time chef to go shopping for the best shit, cook me something different every day, leave me alone to cook for myself if I wanted to, but answer any questions and teach me techniques when I asked, and would otherwise eat out or order in.

Shit, if money wasn't an issue I'd probably check into the best hotel suite in town once a week just to order everything on the room service menu to eat naked while watching TV, before going home to sleep in my own bed.
>>
A slim 15-could-pass-for-18 year old girl servant wearing nothing but an apron.
>>
>>7465259
>>7465262

These guys get it
>>
Way too much seafood, La Croix, weird cheeses, honey roasted macadamia nuts.
>>
$1000 juicer, infinite avocados.
>>
>>7465234
really expensive booze.
huge storage space for fermenting and pickling
>>
>>7465342

>purchase huge space to make large quantities of poverty food

There's nothing wrong with cooking for fun, but if you have the money you should be buying shit from the people who've devoted their lives to making the best.
>>
A personal chef
>>
>>7465353
What good is that going to do me when when civilization collapses?
>>
>>7465353
why not both? i like making stuff and buying stuff
>>
>>7465239
Yup
>>
Fancy slicer, maybe one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7K4FcqErePo

For dense salami, if the slices aren't translucent , they aren't thin enough.
>>
>>7465391

>not knowing the meaning of "money isn't an issue"

Sure, you could equip your kitchen with the highest end shit.

But you could also open up a restaurant, hire all the best people to run it, give all the profits to the people running it and fund it when it's in the red, and yet be able to walk into the kitchen at any time and do whatever you want, or go hang out at the bar and order whatever you want.
>>
I'd probably make a giant taco salad every other day.
Love me some taco salad.
>>
I already got the shit I need because I wen to culinary school (like an idiot) and bought much of the fancy gizmos. Here's the shit I definitely recommend and I just couldn't live without today:

>Sous Vide Machine (I highly recommend Anova)
>A good blender (Blendtec or Vitamix)
>Good knives, at the very least buy some Victorinox, keep them sharp you don't need fancy German/Japanese shit unless you work in fine dining
>A good rice cooker, because it sucks to be having rice on the stove when you're trying to cook other shit
>Quality spices
>Manual Lever Press Juicer, because making fresh Greyhounds and Screwdrivers is so much better than Supermarket crap
>Kitchenaid Mixer

Shit I regret buying

>Masticating Juicer (Omega), just a big mess to clean, limited use
>Baking Stone (Steel is even better and less prone to breaking)
>Garlic Press

These are just my opinons of course
>>
naked black women that would call me massa
>>
>>7465426
I regret my Kitchenaid, personally. It's no good with small batches. More than half the time I want to use a mixer, I find I end up having to pull out my cheap hand mixer.
>>
>>7465426
how fucking expensive was your garlic press that you regret it?
>>
I'd have a big cabinet with an extremely good lock to keep some nice quality pans in. tfw all of my pans are rekt thanks to roommates. I sleep with them under my bed now.
>>
>>7465493
Ha I was just trying to increase the shit I regret buying so I didn't look like a shill. I really don't regret much of my purchases, Amazon ratings are generally good in avoiding crap.

>>7465484
I use my kitchen aid to make bread and occasionally grind meat with the meat grinding attachment. Nothing better than fresh bread.
>>
>>7465505
Is the meat grinding attachment really any good? I was thinking about getting one, but it looks a bit flimsy and the capacity seems inconveniently small.
>>
File: mah son.jpg (65 KB, 347x439) Image search: [Google]
mah son.jpg
65 KB, 347x439
>>7465234
bad bitches

a hoshizaki under-counter pellet ice maker

a big ass deep freeze

kitchenaid mixer

sous vide machine

in counter butcher block chopping station

in counter trash hole

a three compartment sink AND a regular sink

a six burner ranger

a regular oven and a convection oven

a galaxy of top grade pots and pans

two 70 inch tvs hooked up to a dope ass gaming pc

state of the art climate control

bad bitches

a barrel of excellent bourbon, the same of cognac

three beer taps

reverse osmosis water filtration
>>
File: juelz.jpg (187 KB, 409x516) Image search: [Google]
juelz.jpg
187 KB, 409x516
>>7465516
also a fryolater
>>
>>7465511
If you're like me and space is a concern you'll take the smallness of the grinder over buying a giant meat grinder. I have no problem with grinding 1-2 pounds of beef with Kitchenaid.

With that said the base is plastic. I once had the bright idea of trying to grind beef cheek with the Kitchenaid. Sent pieces of plastic flying as it broke. It's perfectly fine though for grinding Eye of Round and cheaper pieces of Steak which is what I primarily use it for.
>>
>>7465516

>a galaxy of top grade pots and pans

Be more specific, please.
>>
>>7465717
>>7465717
>All Clad copper core in the following sizes

fry pans-
8" x2
10" x2
12" x2

saucepans:
2qt x2
3qt x2
4qt

sauciers:
2qt
3qt

>All Clad MC2 nonstick:

fry pans-
8"
10" x2
12"

>generic stainless steel stock pots
>a wide variety of vintage cast iron dutch ovens, fry pans and griddle pans
>a fuckton of bakeware, esp pyrex
>All Clad covered roasting pans in large and small sizes

idk man, lots of shit...
>>
giada de laurentiis
>>
>>7465717

Are you just some rich guy fishing for a good kitchen without doing the homework yourself?
>>
Off the top of my head:

A good espresso machine.

A better grinder than my Baratza Encore.

Lastly: a freezer full of beef.

Fucken beef prices these days. Frozen steaks ought become a currency at this point no matter what cut.
>>
Better stoves and cookware.
>>
A personal chef, and whatever he needed.
>>
>>7465426
can cosign on the

>anova
>good knives
>zojirushi rice cooker

the rice cooker seems like overkill given how cheap you can get them but man is that thing awesome. i've left rice in there for like 2 days and it's still perfect

been wanting to get a vitamix or blendtec for some time but not in a huge hurry
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jbmWbol258
>>
and a cleaning service once or twice a week
>>
I would get a professional pizza oven, a flattop like at a diner, a professional smoker, a greenhouse with all the herbs I would ever need, a Vitamix, industrial deep-fryer, the most expensive rice cooker Zojurushi or Cuckoo makes. A full set of Calphalon and Le Creuset. That's all I can come up with from the top of my head.
>>
>>7466034
You need a kitchen like this to cook ramen?
>>
I'd get one with one of those massive islands in the middle and pretend I was on a cooking show every time I used it.
>>
>>7465234
I would shop at whole foods. Say what you want about those fags the quality of meat is way better than I get at wallmart.
>>
>>7465426
Yea man on the baking stone, got a cast iron one and it beats the shit out of my pizza stone
>>
>>7465234
Your mom
>>
>>7465234
OK I'll imagine, I'd get a fucking 15k viking stove, the one with 4+ ovens, yea that one and go nuts baking broiling. Then just to have huge army size stock pots able to boil water in minutes, a 240volt 7500w+ induction burner, yea boil 8l of water in 2 to 3 minutes, fucking waiting 10+. A god damn 15k sub zero fridge that matches my kitchen counters and fucking granite floors and walls, oh and a crazy stupid external kitchen exhaust fan that's stupid oversized and muffled just because.
>>
>>7466084
That's some fancy ass marble but would probably get wrecked in a kitchen, that's why you go granite in kitchens usually for counters.
>>
>>7465511
Yea, I grind frequently with mine, two passes, but kitchen aids come with different wattage too, make sure it's not a low watt model so it don't choke or burnout overheat.
>>
>>7466084
you could livestream yourself cooking to /ck/ and that would be like a cooking show
>>
Fresh seafood every single day and/or copious amounts of sushi
Good cheeses
Bison meat
Fresh bread every day

I could go on; pretty generic list
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.