[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you tend to buy food as souvenirs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: southern delicacies.jpg (266 KB, 1632x918) Image search: [Google]
southern delicacies.jpg
266 KB, 1632x918
Whenever I go on vacation I tend to buy a lot of souvenirs, in particular food souvenirs. I'm wondering if anyone else does this. Obviously food is sold as souvenirs everywhere (e.g. saltwater taffy), but I feel like I buy way more than most people.

I just got back from a 2 week stay in the South and came back with:

1.5 lbs candied and glazed pecans
2 boxes of moon pies (will be giving most of these away to friends who have never had them)
48 oz various local honeys
Favorite licorice that I can't find here

I think eating the food that's unique to a place I've visited is a good way to relive pleasant vacation memories for a long time after coming home. Any other co/ck/s do this?
>>
Moon Pies are sold everywhere, though.

That aside, I do enjoy and often bring back local food stuffs, just not factory processed junk food.
>>
>>7461809
I do this when I visit family in Mexico, I bring back mostly cheeses and candies
>>
>>7461809
I still got one of those big torkey legs from disney world
>>
>>7461852
As someone who has never seen a moon pie in their entire life, I disagree that they are sold everywhere
>>
>>7461852
I've lived in 6 states and can assure you they are not sold anywhere north of the mason dixon.
>>
>>7461932

I used to get them all the time when I lived in Oregon.
>>
File: but that's wrong.jpg (22 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
but that's wrong.jpg
22 KB, 400x400
>>7461932
They have them at every walmart dude
>>
I brought back a can of whale meat from Japan. Not to eat, to sit on my shelf.

One day, it'll probably explode and be really disgusting.
>>
>>7461932

Apparently Michigan is South of the Mason Dixon line.
>>
>>7462552
Not in Connecticut, Pennsylvania, or New Jersey in my experience.
>>
>>7462827

I've seen them in RI and NY.
>>
RI here and Moon Pies be in every grocery store that sells factory-made snacks like Little Debbie, Drakes, etc.
>>
ITT: People tell OP that moon pies are sold in every state one by one

WV, KY and OH reporting
>>
You can find them north, but they're not fucking everywhere like in the south, from my experience. I've only seen them in Dollar Generals in Maryland and they were fucking everywhere in Florida.

OP you failed to get the superior flavour (chocolate). I agree with food souvenirs though, they are inherently superior to other goods in that they don't just take up space until you have to get rid of them or die.
>>
>>7462870
Washington and Idaho here, they aren't hard to find.
>>
>>7462870
NorCal reporting in with multiple sightings in gas stations all over
>>
>>7462593
Send it to LA Beast and see if he'll eat it.
>>
>>7462878
Are you in the eastern part because they aren't hard to find in the Tacoma area.
>>
If anyone in my family goes to Hawaii, they're bringing back a shit load of chocolate covered macadamia nuts.
>>
>>7461932
They are sold in Washington state

That's pretty north
>>
>>7461932
Then why can I buy them in Iowa?
>>
File: DSC_0642.jpg (2 MB, 3216x2136) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0642.jpg
2 MB, 3216x2136
>>7461809
I usually bring beer with me.

Pic related was from my last trip to Los Angeles. (Well, apart from the Schneider Aventinus, which I bought in Vienna some time earlier)
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.