[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
God tier soups thread. I'll start: Chicken soup. (Nothing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
File: coconut-chicken-soup.jpg (1 MB, 1699x1130) Image search: [Google]
coconut-chicken-soup.jpg
1 MB, 1699x1130
God tier soups thread.

I'll start: Chicken soup. (Nothing better for winter or a cold day.)
>>
>>7455836
>coconut chicken soup
Isn't that just Tom Kha Gai?
>>
>>7455853
Idk. I just typed "Chicken soup" in google.
>>
I make soup with duck instead of chicken. Kicks chicken soups add.
>>
>>7455866
Duck tastes as cardboard for me. I prefer to eat some crappy chinese soup with no more shit than noddles on it.
>>
File: pic8z9aDe.jpg (108 KB, 555x416) Image search: [Google]
pic8z9aDe.jpg
108 KB, 555x416
>>7455862
>God tier soup
>chicken

Isn't that't like starting a "God Tier Tea" thread and saying "Black"?

Why not, for example, American home style chicken noodle?
>>
split pea here
>>
Love me some jambalaya, works great as a soup too.
>>
>>7455887
I know that you can start to be more "picky" on that shit. But i prefer to put that like more open.

Welp. I like home style soup, heartwarming af.
>>
>>7455889
Looks like puke(?
>>
>>7455893
jambalaya isn't a soup though... Maybe you're thinking of something closer to a gumbo?

>>7455897
And? I wasn't aware we use our eyes to eat soup.
>>
>>7455889
my negro
Split pea soup isn't pretty, but it's god tier.
>>
>>7455907
>Maybe you're thinking of something closer to a gumbo?
Probably, seems like pretty much the same stuff. Just a load of rice and spice in a pot with stock and whatever meat / veg you feel like. Chicken, sausage, shramp, some onion and tomato, celery, hell throw some corn in too.
>>
File: 83177_original.png (715 KB, 600x1296) Image search: [Google]
83177_original.png
715 KB, 600x1296
Now the real question is:

Thick/Creamy/Veloute type soup?

OR

Clear/Broth type soup?

I definitely prefer the latter although sometimes you just can't beat a thick, creamy mushroom soup with about a metric ton of mushrooms blended into it.
>>
File: soop.jpg (50 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
soop.jpg
50 KB, 480x480
Somebody shared this on Facebook yesterday and it's mouthwatering. Just chicken and veggies. I think the person who made it home grew all the vegetables.
>>
>>7455923
What broth/stock did they use? Did they post a recipe?
>>
>>7455910
>Gumbo
>Jambalaya
>Same thing

I think the entire state of Louisiana just exploded.

Gumbo has a thickened stock (stew-like) with shellfish/meat, veg, and rice cooked separately and served on the side. This is pretty close to what you're thinking of, although the corn is... well I don't know how well that would go over, but whatever.

Jambalaya is closer to paella. Rice and stock are simmered together with veg and protein.

Similar, but not the same! Of course, you're free to cook it however you'd like; I can't stop ya. My point is that neither is really a soup.
>>
File: broccoli-cheese-soup-1-550-opt.jpg (38 KB, 550x367) Image search: [Google]
broccoli-cheese-soup-1-550-opt.jpg
38 KB, 550x367
OP Here.
Soup with cheese all the way.
>>
>>7455934
http://simplyfreshdinners.com/2015/04/spring-chicken-vegetable-soup-with-caramelized-leeks.html
Just chicken broth. Organic specifically.
>>
>>7456016
Noice! Thanks!
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.