[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/alc/oholics general? Hows everyone holding up?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
/alc/oholics general?

Hows everyone holding up?
>>
File: gosh.jpg (8 KB, 290x174) Image search: [Google]
gosh.jpg
8 KB, 290x174
I've been sober as a priest for three weeks. Not an Irish one.
>>
>>7452975
>/alc/oholics general
>quit drinking
you aren't welcome here
>>
>>7452981
I don't care. I'm going to reply to every post and remind them that there's a better life out there.
>>
>>7452958
My roommate is an alcoholic
Smells fucking awful

When he opens his room it's like a bomb of smell went off
>>
>>7452958
Well, still drinking...

I don't get hammered anymore but I reach a decent relaxed buzz and stop drinking. Usually 5-7 drinks between vodka and beer
>>
>>7452958

Might want to remove the ics to avoid the stigma and disdain that alcoholics have. That being said, I used to enjoy whisky but a few months ago I drank a bit too much and threw up everywhere when I was trying to sleep, haven't been able to even see a bottle of beer without gagging. RIP.
>>
>>7453096
what? Alcoholics know the stigma mate. It'll be fine.
>>
>>7452958
>>>/r9k/
>>
>>7452958
Working on my 3rd cocktail of the evening
>>
I went to the doctor yesterday about a non alcohol related issue, they took my blood pressure and they all looked stunned to say the least.

Maybe it's time for me to cut back. I don't think I drink that much though.
2 beers a night during the week but I probably drink about 40 beers over the weekend. I think that might be where I'm going wrong.
>>
Noobs
>>
there's a board dedicated to this sort of pathetic shit

>>>/r9k/
>>
File: CitraMantra-6pack_0[1].png (321 KB, 507x550) Image search: [Google]
CitraMantra-6pack_0[1].png
321 KB, 507x550
A few of my friends came to visit to play some Goldeneye. One of them brought over this shit and it's probably the worst beer I've had in my life.
>>
>>7452958
Bad.

I drank a bottle of Wild Turkey last night and I fucking drunk drove.

I need to quit drinking bad. I'm such a piece of shit.
>>
File: 1315491313664.jpg (23 KB, 180x200) Image search: [Google]
1315491313664.jpg
23 KB, 180x200
Pretty well desu

>Try the raj from charleston brewing co
>Best fucking IPA i've ever had in my life
>I can get growlers filled with it for $7
>>
File: IMG_20141116_193556-nopm-.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141116_193556-nopm-.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
The packs of dales pale are piling up in my closet. On bereavement from work, so that's OK. In talks with rehab places. Talking to ones that like Cigna and don't want fucking 10k to get in the door, but I don't want to go to a concrete shithole either
>>
>>7452981
It's the same as all the anons saying how easy it is to get a gf in the foreveralone threads

Where else would they brag about it
>>
File: birmnk.png (398 KB, 428x568) Image search: [Google]
birmnk.png
398 KB, 428x568
Heyo fellow al/ck/erinos!
Defenitely not considering alcoholic beverages a bad thing. Worship the exquisite things in life. Remembering those who gut stuck along the way. Thinking of my long lost friends and family. Celebrating at the same time. May this poison as well kill me right now, in this moment of heavenly bliss. Gazing into eternity while contradictionarily homebound.

People on ck, you need a new point of view with this. A ck-point-of-view. Personal drama has very little to do with what alcoholic drinks mean in cooking and eating culture. For the purer forms of self-pity and self-loathing there are different places.
>>
>>7454119
worst post of all time
>>
>>7452958
Going on a 7 day cruise next week. I purchased an excess of alcohol and I plan to get fucking hammered, eat like a slob, do some snorkeling, and try to get the gluttony and heavy drinking out of my system for a while. When i get back I will be trying to cut back for a while so I can lose some weight. Got about 40 extra pounds on me and I'm sick of it.
>>
>stopped drinking 3 weeks ago
>lost 3kg so far
pretty worth it guys
>>
sober almost 5 days now, longest i had been in months

dunno how i feel about that, but im running pretty low on cash reserves and no job in sight so i better fucking do this or im fucked

thinking of trying drinking once a week untill i get a job or maybe even stop

who knows
>>
>>7454122
it's just... why have an al/ck/ thread when always talking about being sober and such?
>>
>>7452958

Had the day off from classes on Tuesday, so
i went to the store and bought a bottle of Canadian whiskey Monday night.

Stayed up 'till 6 am Tuesday morning drinking 3/4 of the bottle.

That's my issue with drinking. I waste and entire day. Can't do anything while drunk, gotta sleep in because I stay up all night, then I'm hungover for the rest of the day.
>>
>>7452993

I've had two roommates over the past six or seven years. Both of them were smelly hogs.

The first lived on cheap cigarettes and cheap beer. Always smelled like someone spilled an ashtray on a barroom floor.

Current roommate has breath I can smell from across the room. Smells like a potent mixture of shit and mothballs.

Worst part is they're people I've known for years. It should be easy to tell them they smell, but it's not
>>
>drank heavily every night for about six months
>no hangovers or anything, but started gaining weight
>stopped cold turkey for two weeks
>felt pretty nice
>been drinking about every other night now for a couple weeks
>tolerance is not the same
>feeling really tired and a little hungover this morning
>going to try taking another couple weeks off
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.