[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Frito Pie Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 20160308_123514-3000x1800.jpg (781 KB, 3000x1800) Image search: [Google]
20160308_123514-3000x1800.jpg
781 KB, 3000x1800
There was a thread last week about the Frito Pie, a staple in the American south.

Just wanted to let y'all know that Sonic is doing Frito Pie right. Pic related was my lunch today. Asked for jalapeƱos and they gave me quite a few, but that's good because I like a lot.

When was the last time you enjoyed a Frito Pie /ck/?
>>
Okay so here's my issue OP.

I won't pretend even for a second that I wouldn't demolish one of those any day of the week. I love nachos and all the dressings that go with them and your pic looks delicious.

But it irks me that Americans take pre-made processed foods, put them together and then call that cooking. I see it all the time on your food shows and food blogs (e.g using ketchup as an ingredient for sauces not as a condiment, putting ritz crackers in your stuffing and so on). I realise I sound like a dick but I had to say it. For every store-bought, proccessed ingredient there's definitely a homemade equivalent you can use that tastes better.
>>
>>7452777
This is kinda off-topic so apologies for that.
>>
>>7452733
how much cost?
>>
>>7452777
This isn't a common thing people eat for dinner. It's like something you eat at a ball game or a fair.
>>
File: corntortillachipsbowl.jpg (372 KB, 1447x1447) Image search: [Google]
corntortillachipsbowl.jpg
372 KB, 1447x1447
>>7452788
Fair enough. I think the name "pie" sparked that reaction in me. Wouldn't it taste better with regular tortilla chips?
>>
>>7452788
This. Nobody eats it for a real meal normally. I get them at football games and carnivals.
>>
Used to live in NC damn near across the road to a Sonic- Born and raised in MA, this was new to me. SO FUCKING GOOD. Many a drunk night ended with heartburn that was so worth it after eating 2 or 3 of these.
>>
>>7452733
walking tacos are the shit
>>
>>7452820
what, do you not like fritos? fritos are top tier chip snacking
>>
>>7452777

It's because it's a guilty pleasure. Yes, the parts are cheap, and tortilla chips might be good in it too upon further inspection. However, it's fast, easy, and tastes like heaven when done right.
>>
>>7452777
You've lost the plot kid
>>
>>7452783
$3.99
>>
>>7452733
too many jalapenos
>>7453138
and $2 too much
>>
>>7452733
Just get the ultimate tots, dude. It's the exact same thing but with tater tots instead of fritos.
>>
>>7453180
OP here. I've had more chili cheese tots than I care to admit. I normally don't get the Frito Pie but i hadn't had one in years and the thread last week actually made me want to get it.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.