[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make lump free mash? Butter and milk is making it creamier,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: supremechef.png (550 KB, 875x557) Image search: [Google]
supremechef.png
550 KB, 875x557
How do I make lump free mash?

Butter and milk is making it creamier, but there is still the occasional lump.
>>
>>7451008
Pass it through a tamis or strainer
>>
>>7451008
is this a serious question?
you just mash it until it doesn't have lumps, it's not rocket science.
1. mash for 15-30s
2. add butter
3. mix
4. add whatever else you want
done
>>
>>7451008
Invest in a potato ricer. Hand-mashing is too inconsistent.
>>
I like lumps in my mashed potatoes just like I like lumps in my farina. Little chunks of greatness waiting to be chomped on.
>>
>>7451027
This.
If you want it silky smooth, press it through a fine mesh strainer afterwards.
>>
>>7451008
I use an electric mixer

First I add butter, milk, salt, pepper
(you can use whatever to your liking)
You can get crazy with parmesan or romano cheese.
Use a hand held masher for a bit and then I move onto the electric mixer.

works great

>who the fuck has a potato ricer
>>
Cooking the potatoes for longer, as simple as it sounds, works for me. And go for fluffy rather than waxy potatoes.
>>
>>7451290
Same here, i love that incredible denseness and smoothness when done like that
>>
>>7451008
Never let any moisture touch the potatoes!
Bake them in tinfoil and then stir in as much butter as you think is necessary.
>>
File: 1430852393311.gif (882 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1430852393311.gif
882 KB, 500x280
>>7451008
>lump free

Not skin on lumpy master race
>>
>>7451008
>mash
Mash what? Mashed eggplant?
>>
>>7451008

I like to pass it through a mesh strainer
>>
>>7451008
Stupid Elliot poster.
>>
>>7451581

How about you actually respond to the text about mash then?
>>
>>7451583
Food processor, or run over them and commit suicide in your car as the inept cops bear down on you.
>>
>>7451008

Just mash the fuck out of it
>>
Me moms made this and in 20yrs never a single lump. No fancy tools, but I don't remember the details. It was something about proper cooking time, adding the milk and butter at just the right time, and the hand mixer was only to add air so that it was fluffy. The mixer will not do shit for tiny lumps.
>>
File: 36444022.png (179 KB, 1308x1332) Image search: [Google]
36444022.png
179 KB, 1308x1332
>>7451008
put it in a food processor
>>
>>7452643
Ps when she described it, it reminded me of building a good Alfredo sauce that doesn't fall apart and separate. Maybe the potatoes were cooled, or the milk was heated and added slowly. Fuck I don't remember.
>>
>>7451008
get a ricer
>>
I feel like I've read most of the posts in this thread before. All phrased exactly the same. what's going on?

Also, bitches won't such my cock even though I drive a BMW and have nice sunglasses. What's wrong with them?
>>
>>7452895
Is it the 70s?
>>
I use a power drill.
>>
>cook the potatoes longer
>use a potato masher
>use a potato ricer
>use a mixer

This shit is hard to fuck up.
>>
Steam potatoes (cut them into small pieces so they cook quicker)

Mash potatoes in a pot or whatever.

Warm your milk up in a microwave and add it to the potatoes and also add butter/margarine at the same time time.

Keep mashing the fuck out of it. Add more warm milk and butter if required.

Keep mashing

Keep mashing

Okay you're finally done.

Season to taste. Add a little nutmeg, salt and pepper and you got yourself some good mash potatoes.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.