[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Got a new stove and made fried chicken. What you make 2nite, honey?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: 20160307_173743.jpg (730 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160307_173743.jpg
730 KB, 2048x1152
Got a new stove and made fried chicken. What you make 2nite, honey?
>>
>>7450141
It's fucking midnight.
>>
>>7450143
Yeah so everyone should have cooked dindin by now. What did you make?
>>
>>7450141
I've never actually fried anything in oil, but I was thinking of doing Karaage this week. Do you have any tips? I have a laser thermometer to check temperatures, or would I be better off with a digital one?
>>
>>7450141
Lamb chops seasoned cumin, mint, garlic and cyprus salt; after marinading in red wine for 6 hours.
Sides included syrian bread, homemade hummus and jasmine rice with saffron.

8/10 dinner overall, I miss the dolmas but the market was out of lamb bones and I didn't have time to soak the oil off of the grape leaves.
>>
>>7450154
Beer and adderall and passed out on the couch.
>>
>>7450159
I'll be honest with you buddy, my cooking is very improvisational. I don't even have a thermometer for my oil. I just waited until it looked hot and dropped it in until it looked cooked. This works out about ninety percent of the time
>>
I went to Whole Foods and ate the burger. Only thing I get there is the food they make in house. The groceries are stupid expensive compared to other yuppie stores.
>>
>>7450141
looks slightly burnt Tbh
>>
File: 1455309197055.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1455309197055.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>7450174
Those first four pieces were a bit dark, yeah
>>
>>7450141
Hi hon, made a cup of basmati rice with a pre-cooked sweet potato I had in the fridge, droped the sweet potato into the boiling water and easily smashed it into a goo and sprinkled some cinammon and honey before adding the rice.
>>
File: 71+9sn1V7yL._SL1500_.jpg (123 KB, 1500x991) Image search: [Google]
71+9sn1V7yL._SL1500_.jpg
123 KB, 1500x991
I used to fry on the stove in a pan like that also.

But then I upgraded to a standalone electric fryer. And I love it.
>>
>>7450159
Be careful with your oil temperature. I've never actually used a cooking thermometer, but still check by sticking stuff in it. A damp (meaning, run under water then wiped once or twice) wooden chopstick should bubble pretty fierce as soon as you stick it in, when it's hot enough for deep frying. I'd assume other wooden utensils would work similarly, if you don't have chopsticks ready.

Other than that, just do all that stuff that's always mentioned in the recipe. Don't try to unstick things from the pan before they cook on the outside. Don't put too many things in at once. Try to keep the oil clean between batches.

Oh, and if you don't want to waste your money, you can keep the oil in any old container afterwards, just let it cool down first. And maybe put it through a strainer to get rid of any particles.
>>
>>7450329
Couldn't ever bring myself to buy one. I would be fat as fuck.
>>
>tfw I have never bought a new stove

I want to know that first cook feel.
>>
File: sdfasdas.jpg (20 KB, 467x414) Image search: [Google]
sdfasdas.jpg
20 KB, 467x414
>>7450164
you passed out on adderall?
>>
>>7450389
the beer overpowered it. also, it seems that crushed time insufflated has less effect, personally, than orally.
>>
Can a pot of oil burst into flames if it gets hot enough?
>>
>>7450393
Oh hell yes it can. My brother almost set the house on fire when he was 10 or so by setting a pan with an inch of oil on the stove and taking a nap. Parents got home just in time to see the fire starting, thank god.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.