[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your sub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: subs_turkey-620x400.jpg (67 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
subs_turkey-620x400.jpg
67 KB, 620x400
So I recently moved back to the US. My favorite sandwich has always been Turkey with lettuce, tomato, mayo, oil vinegar, and any kind of spice combination the sandwich place uses. Turkey is not popular anywhere else it seems so I went a long while without eating any and have gone over board since moving back and I'm tired of getting the same thing.

Whats your favorite sandwich? Theres a deli place across the street from that has cheap sandwiches made with high quality meat and I'm tired of getting the same thing. I'm not a big fan of massive meat sandwiches that are only topped with condiments and cheese but I'm open to pretty much anything else. Something with turkey would be ideal though
>>
Turkey is native only to North America

Also, add bacon and avacado to your regular sandwich
>>
>>7450096
I will get it it with bacon at a regular restaurant, but delis rarely have it on hand unless its thats gross precooked kind that gets stored in the fridge.

Avocado is good but its never worth the 1-2 bucks places charge extra for. Can't wait until it finally become a normal ingredient
>>
See if they have reuben or roast beef and bleu
>>
>>7450080
Spicy Italian Sub/Hoagie procured in New Jersey or Philly.

Italian is good but I love dat spice.
>>
>>7450121
Cheesesteak from Chink's is what you should be getting if you're in Philly
>>
>>7450096
So is corn and potatoes, is there some dichotomy where that doesn't apply to meat in the rest of the world? I mean, the U.S. gets most of its beef from South America.
>>
>>7450128
Cheesesteaks are tourist food.
>>
>don't like lettuce and cold tomato
>always feel like an asshole ordering sandwiches
>>
>>7450134
said no one from Philly ever.
Tourist food is waiting in line for a shit sandwich at Pat's or Geno's.
>>
>>7450134
>>7450140
Let's be honest, it's just meat and cheese. From the dawn of time man has put meat and cheese together

It's good, and also not unique
>>
>>7450129
>I mean, the U.S. gets most of its beef from South America.

I think you mean California and Texas. I know both are filled with beaners but really.
>>
>>7450224
People on /ck/ say this shit all the time but theres a reason that regional specialties remain regional specialties. Even with the internet theres always somethings that get changed. It seems like minor details but when they add up ttheres a real difference. I don't live in Philly anymore, but cheesesteaks suck outside of the area. You can get acceptable quality nearby, but the best are in Philly
>>
>>7450253
Umm... no? Have good bread? Have good sliced beef? A cheese you prefer? Onions and/or peppers? There you go.

Doesn't even have to be ribeye because it's sliced and chopped. That's like comparing ground chuck to ground round when they're both 80/20. Get over it.
>>
>>7450284
you're wrong and don't travel
>>
>>7450298
no u
>>
>>7450080
My favorite sandwich is the corned beef or Reuben.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.