[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm having a baby shower this weekend! And for my favor
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7
File: raspberrythumbprints.png (740 KB, 853x437) Image search: [Google]
raspberrythumbprints.png
740 KB, 853x437
I'm having a baby shower this weekend! And for my favors, I want to fill decorated 8 oz mason jars with mini cookies, raspberry thumbprint and mini cranberry white chocolate cookies. As for this thumbprint recipe I found on youtube, she uses powdered sugar. What kind of taste/texture would that result in? For all you middle aged women, any ideas of what to put in the jar besides cookies? Might be hard for me to bake almost 200 cookies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15qT0GSSan8
>>
>>7449152
>!
>mason jars

You might feel more at home on a vote based content aggregator than on this site.
>>
>>7449152
Don't use youtube recipes.
Find something vetted and tested from someone who would hear some shit if the recipe was shit, such as marthastewart, or epicurious.
As far as 200 cookies goes...you should use some air pillow insulated cookie sheets, and cool them completely. Just keep going until it's all done.
>>
>>7449152
No, m8. Too much work for having unprotected sex.

Measure out the dry ingredients, put it in jars (layer it), attach a recipe card, make it fancy, and wala.
>>
>>7449157
I'm not a redditor and never have been, but in my eyes, /ck/ has been taken over long ago. It's a nice place to not be my usual abrasive self. Wtf is wrong with mason jars anyway?

>>7449165
Okay, good point. I'm just that type of autist that needs to find a recipe of exactly what I want rather than the raspberry-lemon or raspberry-almond cookies, even though I'm sure it's as easy as leaving that ingredient out. It just bothers me ya know.
>>
>>7449157
Can you not be a shady bitch and offer help? Thanks.
>>
File: 1423485181433.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
1423485181433.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>7449171
kek

anyways, still wondering why she used powdered sugar. Would it give it the texture of those Lofthouse cookies from Walmart?
>>
>>7449190
Can you not do a test batch, find out, and report?
>>
You know how powdered sugar melts when it touches your tongue? That effect carries over a little when you bake with it. The cookies will be very tender.
>>
>>7449202
I could, but not tonight.

>>7449207
Yeah, that's kind of what it looked like when she took a bite into it. That might not hold well in jars.
>>
what about chocolate-dipped macaroons?
>>
>>7449152
This weekend? Close to St. Patricks, could do something close to easter. You have a nice idea really. Go for it.

If you want to do non-sweet, I love southern cheese crakers, with a pecan half on top of each slice. They're awesome for do ahead and large quantity, because you can roll the dough and park in the fridge. Slice as you go. Sometimes you see them as "straws" like breadsticks, but I like the cookie crunch of a biscuit cookie. I don't use paprika but cayenne, and I use the sharpest NY cheddar.
http://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1014379-southern-cheese-straws
http://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Cheese-Crackers-
>>
File: popcornboxes.jpg (5 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
popcornboxes.jpg
5 KB, 160x160
>>7449233
Like coconut macaroons or those little cakes? I'm prob not pro enough to make those.

>>7449243
Seems like a great snack to go with the popcorn thing I'm doing. "About to Pop" is the theme of that whole popcorn thing :)
>>
>>7449152

>get pregnant
>get fat
>feed female friends 200 cookies to feel less fat

female logic...
>>
>>7449276
>"About to Pop" is the theme of that whole popcorn thing :)
Post your tits already
>>
Hand out mason jars full of cookie crisp.
>>
File: Coconut-Macaroons-Recipe.jpg (80 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Coconut-Macaroons-Recipe.jpg
80 KB, 640x427
>>7449276
The coconut ones, they're pretty easy. If you're going for a popcorn theme, you could make popcorn balls

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/popcorn-balls/
>>
File: 1451700370299.gif (631 KB, 489x532) Image search: [Google]
1451700370299.gif
631 KB, 489x532
>>7449291
>baby showers are about making the mom not feel fat
>>
File: thumbprint cookies.jpg (626 KB, 1275x4010) Image search: [Google]
thumbprint cookies.jpg
626 KB, 1275x4010
Powdered sugar instead of granulated I sugar with make the short bread cookie more crispy on the outside and more crumbly/tender inside.

Pic only slightly related. Thumprint cookies are easy to batch cook..
>>
>>7449344
Seconding these... also bonus of being gluten and dairy free if you have those concerns at the party. Want my recipe for them?
>>
>>7449522
Absolutely perfect, thank you! :D
>>
File: coconut-macaroons.jpg (715 KB, 1200x4181) Image search: [Google]
coconut-macaroons.jpg
715 KB, 1200x4181
>>7449531
You're welcome. Bonus macaroons recipe.
>>
>>7449522
How much did that make?

>>7449528
I'll take it for my personal - desu, I'm black and black people have this thing against coconut. Well, against eating it anyway. I don't know why. I like coconut personally.
>>
>>7449546
Depends on the size you make them, but one batch makes about 3 dozens?
>>
>>7449549
Oh that's pretty good.
>>
>>7449348

almost everything women do is about making themselves not feel fat, but it hardly ever involves losing weight
>>
You could use mini or regular marshmallows to fill out the jars a bit. They will also help stop the cookies from going stale by absorbing extra moisture.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.