[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Hey anon I just picked up some fresh mushrooms Literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5
File: mushroom-group.png (435 KB, 816x376) Image search: [Google]
mushroom-group.png
435 KB, 816x376
>Hey anon I just picked up some fresh mushrooms
Literally gag me with a spoon.
Do people honestly unironically like these things?
>>
yeah people have different tastes than you, how weird
>>
>>7449102
Yea, I used to dislike them as well. Now they're bretty gud. Especially raw in a salad or in a veggie pasta dish. I understand why people call them "meaty" now.
>>
I have no respect for people that have been conned into liking mushrooms.
>>
File: 1457321273831.png (16 KB, 303x880) Image search: [Google]
1457321273831.png
16 KB, 303x880
>>7449102
>he doesnt like mushrooms
holy SHIT
>>
>>7449102
>Are people unironically older than 12?

Yee.
>>
>>7449102
fuck yourself with a telegraph pole, mushrooms are the food of gods
>>
>tfw I dont like mushrooms but really have never tried them due to autism
>except for that one time my mom made mushroom gravy and fed it to me and I loved it
>threw up after she told me
>tfw I could never trust her again
>still this day far too autistic to try mushrooms again even though I really liked them once and everyone else likes them
sigh
>>
>>7449407
The solution involves a gun and a single bullet. Seriously, this is what you need to do if you can't overcome such a shitty hangup.
>>
>>7449407
fake and gay
>>
>>7449407
Most people don't actually like them. They pretend to to seem mature like beer/wine
>>
File: efd.jpg (19 KB, 403x392) Image search: [Google]
efd.jpg
19 KB, 403x392
>have a whole plate of raw mushrooms
>fry them
>the shrink to 1/4 of the size
>fry some more mushrooms
>now the first batch is cold
>>
I've always loved mushrooms but I know that lots of people hate them. I'm interested to know why, because I always get told they're 'gross' but never get a specific reason in terms of flavour composition or texture
>>
>>7449479
The texture is disgusting
It's the wrong kind of soft and chewy. Not to mention it tastes of fungus
>>
They sell shiitake from Burgerland at Trader Joe's. Surprised me.
>>
>>7449102
Mushrooms are flavor sponges. You have to sauté them to get full flavor

Also try dried shitake. Those things are basically pure flavor
>>
>>7449470
>2016
>not owning a heat lamp to keep food warm

But seriously, just stick the finished food in the oven to keep it warm.
>>
>>7449102
Grilled mushrooms are so fucking delicious.
>>
>>7449102
>buy bottle of dried basil leaves
>get through half a bottle by tipping it up and chewing through the dryness

Literally gag me with a spoon.
Do people honestly unironically like this things?
>>
>>7449804
the entire upper left quarter of the united states is perfect territory for the growth of mushrooms, tons that are there just natively, very good soil and tons of undergrowth (well except arizona)
>>
>>7449102
>literally
>unironically

Good 'ol red flags to literally and unironically discard your opinion.
>>
Mushrooms are so gagworthy.
>>
>>7449562
>tastes like fungus
No shit, Sherlock.
>>
>>7449102
Its been about 20 years since i've heard the phrase "gag me with a spoon" and it was dated then.
>>
Mushrooms are fucking delicious. I could eat them all day.
>>
File: tumblr_mty60m45281szz8u7o1_500.jpg (2 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mty60m45281szz8u7o1_500.jpg
2 MB, 480x360
>Not liking button mushrooms pan fired in salted butter

OP, how bout I get you a spoon so you can eat my ass?
>>
>>7449944
I hope we get more local shiitake. I absolutely do not want to buy anything food-related from China.
>>
I hated them as a kid. But to be fair, my only exposure to them as a kid was from my mother's horrid cooking; she would dump a can of Campbell's cream of mushroom soup over rice, stir it up, and bam, that'd be dinner for the next 2-3 days.

Once I started to actually cook with mushrooms I learned how godly they are.
>>
Mushrooms are alright. Nothing really special about them, I don't see how they're delicious. They're kind of just a filler food with only a mild earthy flavor
>>
>>7449102
>not liking mushrooms
I understand not liking onions, but are you three?
>>
>>7450006
This is the third time today I have seen "unironically" used... Is it bait? Or has this place lost traction?
>>
>>7451448
>2016
>not being meta
>>
>>7451437

>he doesn't like in the american pacific northwest
>he doesn't know how good wild foraged black trumpet, chanterelle, hedgehog, yellowfoot, morel, oyster, hen of the woods, etc. mushrooms are

the grocery store shiitake/button mushrooms are pretty bland but wild foraged shrooms are delicious.
>>
File: kiafu9t.jpg (64 KB, 666x570) Image search: [Google]
kiafu9t.jpg
64 KB, 666x570
>>7449102

>Literally gag me with a spoon.
>>
>>7449444
This anon has never come home from a hard days work and had a refreshing cold beer. Wew
>>
>>7452379

Polycystic Kidney Disease. Alcohol will literally kill me. And vinegar and a few other fermented things for that matter.
>>
>>7452411
>Alcohol will literally kill me

Sounds like you might as well drink it then :/
>>
>>7452462

I should add, it would kill me slowly and painfully. Way more pleasant ways to end myself.

Including jumping feet first into a wood chipper.
>>
Sautéed mushrooms, onions and peppers are god-tier on cheese steaks.
>>
>>7452342
>Not knowing the word "Sincerely"
>>
Enoki
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.