[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Going to a nice restaurant with family or friends >Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8
File: Kids_chix_tenders.jpg (50 KB, 579x441) Image search: [Google]
Kids_chix_tenders.jpg
50 KB, 579x441
>Going to a nice restaurant with family or friends
>Someone at the table orders this
>>
>>7447810
Theres nothing wrong with chicken tenders. Its only a problem when they are one of 3 things that you only eat
>>
>>7447810

What "nice" restaurant serves chicken tenders?
>>
>>7447813
Any restaurant that tries to boost its "family" crowd with a bland, inoffensive dish that a discriminating five year old can enjoy.
>>
>>7447810
That was me. Fite me IRL candy ass faggot, see wat happens
>>
>>7447821
>OMG salad ewwwwwww
>OMG steak ewwwwwww
>OMG fish ewwwwww only if it's fish sticks like my chicken tendies
>>
>>7447825
>implying

What kind of a cuck is too much of a snobby twat to enjoy fresh hand battered fried chicken
>>
>>7447810
I wouldn't probably comment on it... I would probably not even notice it. My life is interesting enough that I don't have to worry about what others do with theirs.

Judging people for what they eat is like judging them for their favorite color.
>>
>>7447811
Which is probably what the issue is here, as they were at a nice restuarant.
>>
>>7447850
I actually don't accept this. If someone is incredibly picky, I've noticed it is very indicative of their personality. Picky people are usually immature in a lot of ways.

I mean, if I'm with someone who just REFUSES to take a bite of broccoli soup, I'm definitely annoyed. What's the worst that could happen, they don't like it? Are they going to throw up from a nub of broccoli? Are they 8 years old? Come on.

I've noticed this with a ton of picky eaters by the way. I know a ton of them.
>>
>>7447810
do you consider a nice restaurant anything that has a server and isn't fast food?

who cares, anyway? maybe they don't have a deep fryer at home and it's a treat for them.

>if you go out to eat with me, you must order food that impresses me!
>>
>go to a fine dining, nice restaurant with family
>no chicken tenders to be found because it's not an applebee's and we're not corn-eating rubes from nebraska who think any restaurant with table service that doesn't have waitstaff flaunting their tits at customers is a "nice restaurant"
Protip: if there are highchairs, it's not a "nice" restaurant.
If the "glasses" are made of plastic, it's not a "nice" restaurant.
If the menu has more than one page and has pictures in it, it's not a "nice" restaurant.
And, most of all, if it sells chicken tenders, it's not a "nice" restaurant.
>>
>>7447859
You should sit in a Starbucks and listen to some of the things people order. If overly picky eaters annoy you, you'll have a meltdown in a Starbucks. And, believe me, the people that order an extra hot, quad shot, venti, half decaf, skinny vanilla latte with no foam, are the neediest, most self absorbed, whiniest people on the planet. It makes me want to get back in to working at local, "third-wave," hipster joints.

Source: I'm the benevolent overlord of a Starbucks.
>>
>>7447810
didn't know nice restaurants eserved those, except for kids maybe
>>
>>7447876
this is true and so perplexing to me because starbucks food is literally the worst you can get
>>
>>7447859
In OP's setting there's no mention of a picky eater.

It's bland food, yes.
But you are just implying the person who ordered it is a picky eater who refuses to try anything new. But it's not, there is no situation nor aggravation in the OP.

You are as much of a faggot as he is.
>>
>go to shitty restaurant with overpriced $25 ribs that were boiled and finished in the oven with barbecue sauce
>order chicken tenders because there's no way they can fuck that up

I always order tendies at places like that.
>>
>>7447886
I worked at starbucks like 10 years ago and they had a really good chicken salad sandwich and the breakfast sandwiches were decent but overpriced.
>>
File: 1456985389481.jpg (46 KB, 375x592) Image search: [Google]
1456985389481.jpg
46 KB, 375x592
>>7447859
>Mom wants to try sushi
>We go to a Chinese buffet
>She gets a California roll
>Happens to have a little bit of orange roe on top
>Instantly refuses it, does not try it despite assurance that it isn't anything like caviar
>Eats some chicken wings and fries
>>
>>7447897
ever heard of a salad fatboy?
>>
>>7447810
nice of you to go eating with kids.
>>
>>7447919
>paying for shit-tier wilting salad from a restaurant when theres meat on the menu
kill yourself pussy
>>
>>7447887
>I can't have a conversation without losing my shit and calling people names

god I hate the internet sometimes.
>>
>>7447922
Did you know you could get meat on the salad? Don't have a heart attack from the shock, lardbutt.
>>
>>7447934
He's talking about middle teir restaurants with boiled ribs and chicken tender son the menu. What kind of salads do you think that place has that's worth paying 8 bucks for?

I could gaurantee its just a bunch of iceberg lettuce, or a shitty cesar with kraft dressing.
>>
>>7447929
>gets called a faggot
>focuses on a single word and misses the entire point of the post
>"uwaa why you a meanie?"
>acts like a faggot
>>
>>7447938
so you order a bag of frozen chicken tenders and Ore-Ida fries that cost 9 dollars? I say it again: Fat boy.
>>
>>7447944
You are calling somebody fat on a board literally dedicated to food
>>
>>7447944
>getting salad at a restaurant
fuck off pussy
>>
>>7447949
>>7447948
>real men eat bacon wrapped logs of meat with fried potatoes and extra bacon on the side. No green stuff please I'm not some pussy who's trying to live past 40. I love feeling sick after I eat a meal. It's the real American way
>>
>>7447949
Salad at a restaurant is fine but not when we're talking about shitty palces like TGI fridays or applebees. You might as well just stay home and make one yourself.

>>7447944
I'm not the guy you were originally replying to. However, he only got the chicken tenders because they are impossible to fuck up, like he said. I'd rather get that as well that an iceberg lettuce salad with goldfish and ranch. 100x more satisfying. I guess you're right, the salad is probably the 'healthier' option, depending on what it is, but I'd rather be half-way satisfied when I leave a restaurant. Whatever, to each his own. You can keep harassing people because you're having a bad week now.
>>
>>7447912
>sushi from Chinese buffet

I don't blame her for not eating it.
>>
>>7447979
>salads aren't satisfying
just how fat are you, anyway?
>>
>>7447995
I never said that. Salads are awesome and satisfy me all the time. Just not when it's only iceberg lettuce, matchstick carrot shavings and one sliver of radish with ranch dumped on top, which is exactly what you'll get from any shitty BBQ restaurant or diner, and you know that.

That being said, I wouldn't go to a place where my only options are a salad and chicken tenders anyway, but I assume that guy didn't exactly know where he was going beforehand.
>>
>Out with friends for best friend's birthday at good burger place
>One friend orders burger, asks for pretty much nothing but bacon and the burger on it
>Over 100 beers on tap
>I'm the only one who orders beer
>Other ("male") friend gets a Mikes Hard Lemonade instead and chugs it

Are my friends plebs?
>>
>>7447919
yes
>>
What's the obsession with salad?

I eat plenty of vegis on the side but salad just sucks ass.
>>
>>7447852
Well, I remember one day I went to a nice restaurant and frankly didnt fancy the offal, quinoa or crudos that day so I asked for some yummy tendies instead with a nice dipping sauce. It was the best thing I'd had for a while :3
>>
>>7447864
Pure pottery
>>
>>7448059
It's one anon who is just stirring up shit since people don't like to order salads all the time when eating out.

A salad is what you make of it; my work does a salad that's kale, blueberries, shredded chicken, carrots, pomegranate seeds, flax seeds, and with a honey mustard vinaigrette. Pretty fucking tasty. But a shitty iceberg salad or that cuck Jack's party cheese 'salad' are terrible. Bordering on a monstrosity in the case of the latter.
>>
>>7448059
>>7448075
spot the fat fucking Amerilards

>hurr we gotta eat meat all der time every day wit every meal hurrrrr
So glad you're headed for an early death you faggot pigmericans
>>
>>7448077
Isn't it time for your daily prayer, Mohammed von Yuropoor?
>>
>>7448028
Yes, your friends are plebs. I wish I didn't get so irrationally angry over my friends' piss poor eating choices, but I can't help but want to kill myself when they won't even taste anything remotely unknown.
>went for pizza at great authentic italian place
>I order my usual with ruccola, bresaola, mozzarella, sun-dried tomatoes and olives
>friend orders one with only pepperoni and no fucking cheese
>literally just a piece of bread with tomato sauce and a few pepperonis
>offer a piece of mine for him to try
>"ew that green stuff looks disgusting and the cheese too and I don't like olives"
>won't even try it

Why am I even surprised, this is coming from a guy whose favorite dish is plain spaghetti with ketchup...
>I just want my friends to experience the wide world of food available and not be stuck eating like fucking kids
>>
>>7448077
>not eating meat ever meal
Is this the 1800s?
>>
File: meemees.jpg (57 KB, 433x960) Image search: [Google]
meemees.jpg
57 KB, 433x960
>>7447864
>If memes could dream
>Would they meme in their dreams
>Would they be underground
>Or would they be mainstream

>If memes could dream
>In their comfy spider-man bedding
>Do you think they'd dream of munching
>On chicken tendies with breading?

>If memes could dream
>Would they conversate with Pepe
>Would they make a funny joke
>And then exclaim 'Zimbabwe'

>If memes could dream
>Would they party like an extrovert
>Or would they sit in the corner
>Complaining that their feet hurt

If memes...could only dream.
>>
>>7448099
this is what I meant in my first post. people who just refuse to even try something new.

I bet he smokes pot all day or does some other immature shit all the time.
>>
tendies>salads

deal with it
>>
must be a neet
>>
Thinking about it, I don't think I've ever had chicken tenders, or if I have then not in the last 10-15 years.

If there was nothing else I fancied on the menu, which is admittedly unlikely, I could maybe go for some of those.
>>
>>7448077
You used to be fat and recently lost weight. I can tell. I can fucking smell it on you.

And the thing you're most terrified of is that you'll eventually become fat again, which you will.

You project this fear onto everybody else's food and lifestyle choices as a subconscious way of reassuring yourself that the fat person within you will never re-emerge.
>>
>all these autists crying about salads acting like salads aren't fucking garbage at 90% of restaurants.

Meanwhile tendies and fries with some decent sauce is always good.
>>
>>7450148
They are never good, they are just safe. Its hard to fuck up fried food. The same reason people love fish and chips in England when all the other food is shit
>>
>>7450150
Fish and chips are fucking amazing though. I live in western canada so it's always fresh as fuck
>>
>>7448077
Please explain in detail how the salad with kale I described is unhealthy in any way.

Oh wait you can't! Because you're just a dumb shitposter. Carry on everyone.
>>
>>7448108
Beutiful I cri ereyteim ;_;
>>
>>7448075

That salad had me salivating until you got to the honey mustard vinaigrette. It seems very.....distinct.
>>
File: 0e9.jpg (27 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
0e9.jpg
27 KB, 600x600
>All those fedoras with their pretentious food

I'm a picky eater and there is nothing you can do about it. How does that make you feel?
>>
>>7450198
I don't care, I just make sure that I never invite you out when my friends go to a restaurant
>>
>>7447859
As an incredibly picky person who knows people even pickier, I can agree 100% about us being immature.
I would try broccoli soup though, I do try and change my picky lifestyle full of bland foods, but it's hard man. Also when I try something I actually take real bites of it. Mother fuckers who get the tinniest little nibble of something and then say they don't like it just piss me off.
>>
>>7447919
>going out to eat
>caring about how healthy it is

I watch what I eat at home for the sole purpose of being able to indulge when I eat out. What are you, a woman?
>>
They're usually one of the less expensive things on the menu.

If you like them I don't think it's anyone's fucking business anyways. They don't have to eat them so they shouldn't care.
>>
>>7447859

What kind of broccoli soup are we talking about here.

If it's that cheese broccoli soup you can go fuck yourself. That shit is nasty.
>>
>>7447919

Salads are basically always overpriced at restaurants and they usually get completely out of control with the portions. I don't go to restaurants to order something that I could make with almost no effort in a drunken stupor at home.
>>
>>7450191
I forgot to add they put tomatoes and yellow bell pepper in as well. Sometimes also crushed almonds/walnuts.

You'd think the honey mustard wouldn't work, but it does! I was surprised.
>>
>>7447825
>caring about other people's plate
>>
File: 1457408047250.jpg (212 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1457408047250.jpg
212 KB, 720x960
Gimme gimme chicken tendies,
Be they crispy or from Wendys.
Spend my hard-earned good-boy points,
on Kid's Meal ball pit burger joints.
Mummy lifts me to the car,
To find me tendies near and far.
Enjoy my tasty tendie treats,
in comfy big boy booster seats.
McDonald's, Hardee's, Popeye's, Cane's,
But of my tendies none remains.

She tries to make me take a nappy,
But sleeping doesn't make me happy.
Tendies are the only food,
That puts me in the napping mood.
I'll scream and shout and make a fuss,
I'll scratch, I'll bite, I'll even cuss!
Tendies are my heart's desire,
Fueled by raging, hungry fire.
Mummy sobs and wails and cries,
But tears aren't tendies, nugs or fries.

My good-boy points were fairly earned,
To buy the tendies that I've yearned.
But there's no tendies on my plate!
Did mummy think that I'd just ate?
"TENDIES TENDIES GET THEM NOW,
YOU FAT, UNGRATEFUL, SLUGGISH SOW!"
I screech while hurling into her eyes,
My foul-smell bowel-dwelling diaper surprise.
For she who is un-pooped on is she who remembers:
Never forget my chicken tenders.
>>
>>7447810
My nephew is two years old and he eats anything. Why do people make such a big deal out of babbies being fussy eaters and not eating vegetables and "healthy" food?
If the family babby grows up in eats proper food and if they don't meme up babby by falling into this tendies meme babby will eat vegetables and the like no problem.
>>
>>7450438

the problem is people feed kraft dinner, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, and french fries to 2 year olds and then expect them to like things with a less neutral taste.
>>
>2016
>giving a shit about what other people eat

Are y'all really that insecure?
>>
>>7450442
This.

Watched some bbc documentary where a mother lets her 4 year old drink coke like its water and constantly feed it fast food all because her child would throw tantrums if given anything else.

Cant believe the kid didnt die from malnutrition
>>
>>7447859
My girlfriend's roommate is like this. Blonde bitch, thin as a rail only eats chicken tenders, fries, buttered pasta, and goldfish. She'll spend shitloads of money on riceroni and easy mac but just east the noodles plain. She wants kids but everyone in my group of friends is concerned for those kid's well being
>>
File: 1444566644408.jpg (18 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1444566644408.jpg
18 KB, 512x288
>>7450434

first time Ive seen this. lold heartily
>>
>>7448077
>this fucking mad
>over food
>>
>>7452121
>Destroying the world because "muh meat"
You're nauseating.
>>
>>7447810
If I haven't made up my mind by the time the waiter/waitress shows up, it's my default. I'm not picky, I'm indecisive.
>>
>>7452129
wasnt even talking about the meat stuff senpai, just pointing out how belligerent you are over some fucking food. Normally people wouldn't be this ass-annihilated over something unless they made the same mistakes broham
>>
>thinking a sports bar is a nice place

>hanging out with manchildren
>>
>>7452150
>Thinks destroying the world over eating meat isn't something to be passionate.
Yawn found the American.
>>
>>7447939
I'm not him, but you sound like more of a faggot
>>
>>7452167
Found the pooropean. run along now! Better get home before Abdul and his buds get a hold of your wife. Don't speak out though!! Don't want to look intolerant :)
>>
>>7450107
90% of /ck/ fits that description judging by the retarded ass posts you usually see on here
>>
>>7447859
You sound like someone who needs some fresh air and exercise
>>
>>7448028
>over 100 beers on tap
There's a good chance most of those have been sitting there for months if not years and have gone bad. I haven't seen a good beer-pub that knows their shit with more than like 40-50 taps. Have heard of good ones with like 60-80 but those are a lot less common. Every single one I've seen that says 'over 100 beers on tap' is complete shit.
>>
>>7452184
Not him but the other anon did miss the point
>>
>>7448099
>plain spaghetti with ketchup
>plain with ketchup
>plain
>ketchup
And I like my pasta gluten free with a side of whole wheat bread.
>>
>>7448127
He is one extreme, but if I know I don't really like olives, I probably won't try something with olives. Now if its a social event and someone insists I will probably eat it, but they're being a huge cunt.
>>
>>7447876
I'm a Batista too fampai and I'm pretty fucking sure soccer mommies just tack on any mods they can to their order to sound more unique, like when the order an grande upside down skinny caramel machiatto with half pumps half caff triple shots and 180 degrees in a venti double cup with no sleeve
>>
File: fTYG4v3.png (469 KB, 640x411) Image search: [Google]
fTYG4v3.png
469 KB, 640x411
>>7452167
>"""""destroying the world"""""
>people actually believe this
>>
>>7447876
>chain offers people a variety of very specific modifications to a basic beverage
>customers gladly experiment and find the combination they like most
>employees think people having preferences means they're whiny little bitches
It seems to me that if they get upset when you mess it up it's because you're representing a brand-name that offers that level of specificity and the onus is on you to properly take the order and match it. I won't defend the assholes that scream at baristas over a slightly creamier milk than they expected, but having a specific drink order in itself is nothing to criticize and they're right to complain if your employees didn't make it correctly. If they wanted a plain cup of coffee they wouldn't be paying upwards of 3-4 dollars for it, they'd make it at home or go to some other joint that doesn't have a machine specifically for foaming milk and keeps their coffee closer to 1-2 bucks.

And no, I don't drink at Starbucks nor do I have any specific coffee orders, so I'm not taking it personally as much as thinking you're overly judgmental of the people who keep your nauseatingly ubiquitous chain afloat.
>>
>>7447816
Well then it isn't a "nice" restaurant is it, you fucking peasant?

>HURR WHO ORDER TENDIES AT RESTAURANT

I don't remember going to a restaurant that would even offer that, maybe you should try entering the real world and not remembering your garbage childhood with your scumfuck parents.
>>
>>7452414
And I suppose you haven't seen cowspiracy.
>>
>>7447859
idk man food has a really big psychological effect on me. If I eat something that tastes like shit it ruins my whole day.
>>
>>7452586
I don't have my opinions fed to me by emotionally angled documentaries.

Yes, beef production is awful for the environment, but so is soy production. Either of those things would be fine on a small local level. You really want a solution? Tell people to stop making so many fucking kids.
>>
>>7452653
Self respecting vegans don't eat soy either
>>
>>7447862
>tfw I've never ate at a "nice" restaurant
>>
>>7447810
>Nice Restaurant
>Has Tendies and Fries on the menu

I don't think you know how this works Friendo. A nice place has none of these qualities.
>>
>>7452586
>cowspiracy
Can't make this shit up
>>
>>7452665
>dat no true Scotsman
>>
Sometimes you just want a shitton of fried food
>>
>>7452665
Then I suppose a lot of them lack self respect, because soy production is a huge industry - and not just for Asia.
>>
>>7452665
>vegan
>self respecting
>>
>>7453000
The majority of soy isn't being used to make vegan meat substitutes.
>>
>>7453000
>implying only vegans eat soy
Soy is in almost everything that comes in a box, numbnuts
>>
>>7452987
this
>>
>>7453016
I hope I didn't imply that, perhaps I did. Soy as meat substitutes is only a part of the production, you are right.

>>7453018
I didn't imply that, but yes. Soy is in so much stuff it's crazy. Also why it's such a big industry.
>>
gimme gimme
>>
>>7447859
so im a picky eater because i like to eat things i enjoy?
>>
>Take my 4 year old son to restaurant
>I order medium rare venison with juniper berry compote and cracked pepper sun choke cannelloni
>Nudge him and wink "hey order the fois gras it's to die for here"
>Looks at me blankly
>Asks the waitress "can I have some chicken nuggets and honey mustard sauce"
>My jaw drops, slap him in the fucking face
>Drag him out of the restaurant by his fucking ear kicking and screaming
>Punch his fucking mouth
>Drop him back off at his mothers

Little shit.
>>
>>7453328
If you turn up your nose to even trying anything else and only eat chicken tendies and mac&cheese, yes
>>
>>7453379
shit that never happened for 400
>>
>>7453424

have a sense of humour you autistic fuck
>>
File: luaghing_heston.jpg (43 KB, 252x240) Image search: [Google]
luaghing_heston.jpg
43 KB, 252x240
>>7453379
>>
>tfw for one entire vacation I had a bagel with smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner

I was 8 but still, no ragrets
>>
>>7453445
>>7453445

No capers? No red onion? No Dill? No cracked pepper? Did you even use herb cream cheese?

P L E B
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.