[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just had an interview at Chipotle, /ck/. I'm not sure
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /ck/ - Food & Cooking

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6
File: burrito-3.jpg (88 KB, 611x443) Image search: [Google]
burrito-3.jpg
88 KB, 611x443
I just had an interview at Chipotle, /ck/. I'm not sure if I got the job yet but in case I did, what can I expect?
>>
>>7446538
food poisoning
>>
>>7446538
Media sensationalism
>>
>>7446538

spanish and a lack of standards
>>
Opening lots of avocados.
>>
Customers pointing by putting their hands over the glass
>>
>>7446553
First post, best post.
>>
File: wOHAqHU.jpg (72 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
wOHAqHU.jpg
72 KB, 1024x681
>>7446594
found this online.. what the fuck. im mad.
>>
burritos
>>
>>7446602
Thanks Obama
>>
Expect lowering your personal standards and burrito bonus sized shits every night after work. I mean that in a good way, nothing is more refreshing and satisfying than taking a Chipotle Shit® in the evening before bed.
>>
Expect to never see me as your customer.

King Taco is better than this garbage.
>>
File: o[1].jpg (186 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
o[1].jpg
186 KB, 1000x1000
>>7446594
Why does everyone do this?
>>
>>7446538
>Opening 85 avacados back to back
>Shitty cunt customers treating you like scum of the earth
>Being told the forks are out by 7 people in a span of 60 seconds
>Manager telling you that your a shit, even though she doesn't do anything ever
>One item runs out durring rush and literally everyone orders that one item, but the chef is taking 10 minutes to prepare it like it's never been chosen before
>Literally no one washing their hands
>Autists not knowing what you mean by salsa and having to explain the difference between "mild" (pico de gallo), "medium" (salsa verde), and "hot" (salsa de chile rojo)
>dozens of daily regulars complaining that you charged them extra for using 2 portions of meat in their burrito bowl
>Literally feeling your soul either away on a daily basis
>Food recipes so basic, you could make something better tasting for under half the cost.
>>
>>7446753
because most people that work at those types of places don't speak english so you have to point to the items for them to understand.
>>
>>7446831
more like
>black people with no etiquette
>don't know wtf that shit is called so i point
and the workers dont want to waste their breath about crossing the fucking glass wall cause they have to smile and be nice

2 sided problem
>>
>>7446825
sounds like you had a hard life
>>
tell them you are an expert in e coli removal

they'll love it
>>
Depends on the store. If when you go there the employees look suicidal and the managers are just looking lazy, you're gonna quit pretty quick. With good leaders in position, it's stressful but tolerable. Been working at chipotle for 3 years
>>
>>7446852
It amuses me how often people think working in food service is a free ride. Any kind of forward-facing job, service industry, or customer service is ALWAYS among the shittiest things you can do, JUST because people are fucking shit.
I was always at my happiest making food in the back or being a night stocker or something just because I didn't have to deal with people.
Now all I do is count pills in a pharmacy for 8 hours a day, and I'm happier than I've ever been at any other job.
>>
>>7446838
i don't live in a place with black people, so i wouldn't know
>>
>>7446875
>putting up with bullshit for minimum wage
>working at chipotle for 3 years

I'm so glad I cared in high school and that I didn't do a liberal arts degree
>>
>>7446880
Fuck I hate fast food. I worked as a cashier at Hardee's and would rather kill myself than ever do that again. Literally everyone who walks in immediately looks at you and thinks "subhuman degenerate, treat like garbage."
Except for the fried out motherfuckers. Goddamn some people are dumb as a bag of bricks.
>>
>>7446891
Making 54k as a GM but I see your point
>>
>>7446919
Tbh it's rare to get customers like that. They just are so easy to remember. I've gotten to the point where I like pissed off customers, it's hilarious to practice active listening and just whittle them down with how childish their being. Unless it's busy, then it's no fun because there's no time for it and I just give them free shit to gtfo.
>>
>>7446880
>>7446921

Unless you have a competent manager or GM or are a GM any fast food chain or retail job you will be treated like shit. The common denominator is that the majority of people are complete assholes who treat you like shit or dumbfucks who complain as a direct result of their own misdoings.

"The customer is always right" is a great model but more often than anyone without first hand experience would ever realize, customers come up with some insane shit and blow a fuse if you don't entirely agree or go along with it.

To put it simply, whenever a customer complains about poor service you get fucked hard. That's because your supervisor receives the complaint first and it is held against him. Sometimes it is the manager's fault because they didn't staff properly resulting in poor performance despite everyone working their ass off. Most of the time its a complaint from a self entitled snobby customer or a pants on head retarded person who can't handle basic concepts like standing in line or not getting a discount for some exaggerated complaint. However, due to management incompetence the pions like myself who are paid the least work the hardest and are bitched at the most despite our best efforts. Generally, many good employees abandon their jobs quick; only desperate decent people and low IQ people are the only ones willing to work these jobs long term.

I have higher education than most of my supervisors but get yelled at because of their incompetencies. Think inadequate trainings, lack of available resources, breakdown of teamwork, low morale, interpersonal drama, and favoritism all running rampant.
>>
>>7446921
I was making 45K with a part time job and my in country job because I wanted to hold off on grad school
>>working at chipotle because you think you made it
>>
>>7446999
This can be said of any job outside of self-employment. Btw, 'the customer is always right' is a term originated in economics, meaning that if buyers purchase good A instead of B, it doesn't matter if good B is superior.
>>
>>7447042
>made it

It just happened, just saying I'm not making minimum wage. Congrats on your successes.
>>
>>7446838
>fast food wagecuck spotted
>>
>>7447053
I have had jobs where colleagues worked as a team, looked up to my supervisors and aspired to hold their positions, been genuinely rewarded for my merits or outstanding commitment to the organization, and overall satisfactory performance. As a non manager I have been assigned responsibilities mandating the cooperation of of subordinates in various result oriented tasks and have always gotten positive feedback from all parties.

I work at a major retail store now where at least half of management all worked at a prior retail store and have no true qualifications. The most professional and qualified sales associates left after grand opening in droves after grand opening predominantly due to poor management. Poor sales associates and managers were hired and have retained their job based upon the fact that they all worked at the same previous retailer. We have sales associates in our department who have absolutley no clue what they are selling, but keep their job and get positive reviews because they have the fraternal association with managers that all hired each other because they worked for the same chain retailer in the past.
>>
File: 1389893287020.gif (911 KB, 171x141) Image search: [Google]
1389893287020.gif
911 KB, 171x141
>>7447104
This made less sense than I want. I just quockly consumed a vodkawater full of bottle and am starting to trip over my own thoughts.
>>
>>7446538
>what can I expect?

to move out of your mom's house.
>>
File: o9u3ihjsf.jpg (5 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
o9u3ihjsf.jpg
5 KB, 275x183
>>7446538
Money.
>>
>>7446538
As an employee I can tell you, if you don't have piercings/tats, you are out of the ordinary, a customer pointed it out to me the other day
>>
>>7446825
Holy shit you are me.
You get the apron?
>>
>>7446825 (Me)
>>7447346
Yea, needed the experience, but jesus, I'd rather apply to McDonald's than go back to that place.
>>
How much of a discount do employees get?
>>
>>7449283
One free meal a shift, 50% off all the time.
>>
Bad news guys, didn't get the job. Time to go apply to Qdoba.
>>
>>7449426
You are not limited to restaurant minimum wage shit, m8. Go to UPS or something.
>>
>>7447104

The way you talk instantly pegs you as an empty corporate drone.
>>
>>7446825
maybe people wouldn't be so hard on you if you didn't charge $2 for a tablespoon of guacamole
>>
You can expect to regret working there within 2 weeks. The free meal every time you work and half off every other time was nice though.
>>
>>7446538
Does anyone else think those outbreaks and shit could've been some sort of corporate espionage ?
Considering Chipotle doesn't use GMOs anymore.
>>
>>7449289
Does this apply to part time workers?
>>
>>7449936
To my knowledge, yes.
>>
>>7449773
>the workers determine the price of goods
>>
>>7449812
Probably not.
Since they went for food fads over food safety.
>>
Why do those mexijews charge an extra $2 for guac? Fucking rip off.

Best chipolte order: burrito + brown rice + black bean + chicken + salsa verde + cheese + sour cream on the side

Don't get why so many people order bowls. Their tortillas are really good.
>>
>>7451344
>Don't get why so many people order bowls. Their tortillas are really good.
you can always get a free tortilla on the side
>>
>>7451344
cutting calories perhaps? Those tortillas are like 300 calories alone
>>
if you get hired you better hook it up. none of those half-ass scoops
>>
>>7451344
Bowls have more shit than burritos do, that's why I do it.
Also they charge for guac cause they're jews. Avocados aren't even expensive.
>tfw hole in the wall mexican place sells sortas for $4 with damn near an entire avocado on it
Freebirds > chipotle though.
>>
>>7446602

What else do you expect from Obongo?
>>
>>7449812
I do believe this. The market of agriculture is shifting due to the 'righteousness' of gmo's, and Chipotle is the vanguard of that movement speaking in terms of supply and demand. The media spotlight on the recent outbreak was way heavy-handed and the cause still unknown (for ecoli in the north-western markets).

I think it's bullshit, but on the flip I know gmo's are building the future against worldwide famine. I'm all for pasture raised meats, but gmo resistance is dangerous in my opinion.
>>
>>7451443
Guacamole is insanely expensive off-season. If your local authentic joint had the same volume of sales and the business saavy of a 4th grader at there lemonade stand they'd charge extra too. That being said, we charge too much. Should be $1.15 in my market.
>>
>>7453675
Righteousness of anti-gmo's**
>>
>>7451409
>cutting
>going out to eat

Pick one
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-30-07-39-03.png (414 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-30-07-39-03.png
414 KB, 1080x1920
GUAAAAC
>>
I want to rub my sweaty taint on this shill-packed thread
>>
>>7451344
>mexijew
>owner is from Indianapolis

Just a jew
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.